Who should be the 3rd pacer to support Bumrah and Bhuvi?

Ultimate_Game

15 minutes ago, New guy said:

Yeah but OP is talking about CT. Most probably knowing his luck, granpa Nehra will be in

You never know with Shami. If he plays a few games in IPL he may get injured.Heck he may sitting in dressing room. If unfortunately he is not fit for CT and Nehra continues to be average Ishant Sharma may get a look into for his experience. :cantstop:

9 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Agreed but I was hoping Shami would get a few games to be match fit. In professional sports it's not just a matter of being physically fit but to be match fit as well. Generally players take a few games to get back in their groove, i.e. match fit, and looks like Shami won't be able to do so with DD making him a huge risk. But yeah if there are no other solid choice, Shami may be the 3rd option.

With Zaheer pulling his hamstring, i believe Shami will play for rest of the DD games, will be back in form, will get the required match practice. I hope BCCI dont announce squad for CT until the league matches of IPL end.

Jaddu and Ashwin should also be kept on toes. They are nothing special in ODIs to be honest. Jadeja is as good as Tailender no matter his average in ODIs suggest. 

Kuldeep, Chahal and Krunal should be looked into sooner rather than later.

Ideally Kuldeep/ Chahal as replacement for Ashwin and Krunal for Jadeja. In Tests Ashwin and Jadeja and kuldeep are good enough.

57 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Jaddu and Ashwin should also be kept on toes. They are nothing special in ODIs to be honest. Jadeja is as good as Tailender no matter his average in ODIs suggest. 

Kuldeep, Chahal and Krunal should be looked into sooner rather than later.

Ideally Kuldeep/ Chahal as replacement for Ashwin and Krunal for Jadeja. In Tests Ashwin and Jadeja and kuldeep are good enough.

This i have been saying since ages. Ashwin and Jadeja are not fit to be ODI bowlers. However, Jadeja's fielding, not batting, gives him an edge. How important is Jadeja's presence in field was once again proved yesterday. A crucial catch or run out or even run saves can turn a match, like we saw against B'desh in last world T20. And his performance in CT 2013 as a bowler also needs to be considered. I would prefer Chahal and Jadeja in CT 2013. Krunal often gets very expensive. He hasn't even bowled regularly this year in IPL. So Chahal, Jadeja and Kuldeep as back up spinner would be the right choice.