Sign in to follow this  
velu

Mohammed Siraj is impressive !!!

26 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

How is just saying "He is impressive" hype overload? It is just early talent spotting..  He still needs to be groomed and has some time before he is national squad ready.

You dont want him to spend too long at the domestic level though. If he plays too much cricket on unresponsive pitches which you generally get in Ranji, he will lose confidence and will become a mediocre trundler like others. This is what happened to many fast bowlers in the past.

If selectors think he has talent, pick him for a couple of international games in a bilateral series that nobody cares about and see if he can deliver. What's the worse than can happen ? If he finds success, we will have another good fast bowler. I feel Thampi also has potential to play for India.

Shardul Thakur and Kaul seem to be in reckoning but they dont seem impressive to me IMO.

9 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

You dont want him to spend too long at the domestic level though. If he plays too much cricket on unresponsive pitches which you generally get in Ranji, he will lose confidence and will become a mediocre trundler like others. This is what happened to many fast bowlers in the past.

If selectors think he has talent, pick him for a couple of international games in a bilateral series that nobody cares about and see if he can deliver. What's the worse than can happen ? If he finds success, we will have another good fast bowler. I feel Thampi also has potential to play for India.

Shardul Thakur and Kaul seem to be in reckoning but they dont seem impressive to me IMO.

Nathu? 

2 hours ago, CG said:

bhuvi dropped dhoni of siraj in the same over.

Firstly I don't remember anything of that sorts happening,secondly how does it matter.The post was in general praise for Siraj that even in death he hasnt been hit for plenty apart from one over.

Were you a fan of Ishant sharma after he won us 2013 Test ? 

You are new here.I support each and every fast bowler.I was always a fan of Ishant Sharma very few fast bowlers have been mos in India against a very good Aus side.

Sadly we can only play 3 pacers when playing in subcontinent and 4 while in England, SA, NZ or Aus.

Bhuvi has established himself. So there are 2 spots left to be grabbed. Jasprit Bumrah is a certain starter in ODI as well as T20.

All other pace bowlers in the country are fighting for the one spot left. Tough for selectors to fit everyone in it. They can select only one from so many !!

Shame that we'll not be able to see Kejoroliya in this IPL...

it's so frustrating to be part of MI...

These guys will overuse Bhumrah which could result in his burn out...

They are lonely at the top of the table and can afford to give chance to some of the players on the bench...

1 hour ago, asterix said:

Shame that we'll not be able to see Kejoroliya in this IPL...

it's so frustrating to be part of MI...

These guys will overuse Bhumrah which could result in his burn out...

They are lonely at the top of the table and can afford to give chance to some of the players on the bench...

They can drop Malinga for few matches and bring Khejrolia. Its fine to play with three overseas players only.

4 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I can see Khejrolia being given a chance and going for 50 runs in 3/4 overs. :fishing:

Not happening bro. We don't hype without any reason. He would be most impressive among all. :yess:

Mumbai Indian talent scout is extremely talented. They picked the right talent Nathu Singh even last year but due to his injury he wasn't available. :agree:

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Not happening bro. We don't hype without any reason. He would be most impressive among all. :yess:

Mumbai Indian talent scout is extremely talented. They picked the right talent Nathu Singh even last year but due to his injury he wasn't available. :agree:

Didn't Aniket go for 55 in a match? :giggle:

6 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Aniket is a long format bowler as of now, even in domestics he has been impressive only in longer format. Guys who did well in domestics limited overs are likes of Thampi, Khejroliya, Nathu Singh, etc.

Siraj is the only one who has done decently in all formats. But it's been just a year, so we should see how he does next season as well. Definitely has the tools to be a top notch fast bowler though.

Edited by Forever Indian

1 minute ago, Forever Indian said:

Aniket is a long format bowler as of now, even in domestics he has been impressive only in longer format. Guys who did well in domestics limited overs are likes of Thampi, Khejroliya, Nathu Singh, etc.

These guys are all developing. They’ll have their good days and bad. Not ruling out anyone. Just saying that ICF may have a hype-hype-KLPD.

3 minutes ago, Magneto said:

He isn't in Mumbai Indians. We are the best and pick best of the best young talents.:adore:

Aniket was expensive even before IPL. Aniket is suited for test format. His only USP is bouncer which isn't sufficient enough.

Khejrolia on the other hand is economical on batting pitches as well as wicket taking though this is based on small sample set.

5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

He isn't in Mumbai Indians. We are the best and pick best of the best young talents.:adore:

Aniket was expensive even before IPL. Aniket is suited for test format. His only USP is bouncer which isn't sufficient enough.

Khejrolia on the other hand is economical on batting pitches as well as wicket taking though this is based on small sample set.

Wanted to pull out his stats but he hasn’t played a single tT20 match yet. :rofl:

Checked out his first and last LOI match, went for more than 60 in both.

He is proper ICF KLPD material it seems. :fishing:

Edited by Magneto

These guys are all developing. They’ll have their good days and bad. Not ruling out anyone. Just saying that ICF may have a hype-hype-KLPD.

What Hype? The same thing was said for Bhumrah too when MI first selected him... Now he's become a top class limited overs bowlers...

Don't just criticise for the sake of it... MI never spends money on players who don't have potentials.. They are proper Gujju-Marwari Businessmen (pardon my blatant generalisation, but you know what I mean) in buying players...

We are asking for at least few chances for not only him but other players sitting on MI bench... :dontknow:

9 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Wanted to pull out his stats but he hasn’t played a single tT20 match yet. :rofl:

Checked out his first and last LOI match, went for more than 60 in both.

He is proper ICF KLPD material it seems. :fishing:

He was the only shining light in Delhi's Vijay Hazare campaign this season taking 13 wickets in 5 games.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.