Ramayan, Mahabharat and other Indian EPICS

Gambit

Re: Mahabharat/Ramayan thread

Who is Parikshit and how did he escape the war and it's aftermath?
Parikshit was the son of Abhimanyu and Uttara. He was not born during the war. Uttara was pregnent at the time of war. Aswathama (Drona's son) tries to kill Uttara after the war but she was saved by Krishna. Followup question :) How did Parikshit die and what was the cause?

Re: Mahabharat/Ramayan thread

Desichap, I have a question for you.. Why did Kansa killed 6 new born babies of Devaki? He had fear from 8th one?? What was their fault?
Kansa originally wanted the 8th child only. Narada told Kamsa that depending on where the counting starts any child can be the 8th child (go figure that one out). Narada said that 8th is only relative term. If you start with the 8th as the 1st then the 1st child will be 8th ant it was like a circle. Kansa then decided to kill every one of the child.

Re: Mahabharat/Ramayan thread >possibly to add up some 'paap' or wasn't in case of the 7th child it was a way of redemption from a 'shraap' ? thats right..But Kansa had already done lots of paap..so I really do not understand killing of 7 babies and that too urged by Vishnu himself. I am still wondering why did Vishnu (Krishna) do it??