Denied ambulance, labourer carries 15-year-old son’s body on shoulder

Rohit S. Ambani

Father Wept As He Carried 15-Year-Old Son's Bod

In a gut-wrenching video, 45-year-old Udayveer alleged that doctors did not treat his son, Pushpendra, before they turned him away. “My son just had a pain in his legs. The doctors spared only a few minutes to see my child and said take him away, there is no life in the boy,” a weeping Udayveer told reporters. He also alleged that the doctors did not offer an ambulance service to take his son’s body back. “No one told me that I was entitled to an ambulance to take my son’s body back,” the grieving father said.

Struggling with his son's lifeless body in his arms, Udayveer, with a chronic lung problem, walked out of the hospital. Someone filmed him on his mobile phone camera.

On the same day, a similar tragedy emerged from a hospital in Karnataka, where a father waited with the body of his three-year-old son in his arms and took him home on a two-wheeler.

Edited by Rohit S. Ambani

Really sad.

In most cases the people don't know they can ask for a vehicle...like he said .

I wonder why Indian media obsesses with the dead more than the living.we rarely see headlines like a guy carried his sick child on shoulder.

The reporter should be more worried about what happened to the poor boy...how did he come to the hospital.was he provided with ambulance for coming to hospital.

No such questions are asked...because  who care..there are so many sick people coming to hospital everyvday.that is not news.

Most state govt are supposed to provide emergency 108 ambulances for the sick.These abulances do not carry dead bodies and rightly so.These are scarce resourses and should be always available on priority for the living sick people.

But people should ask for vehicles for taking dead bodies. Very often poor people don't even know they can .

The reporter should also be asked why he did not inform the father that he should ask for a vehicle instead of waiting for the opportunity to get his photo and morbid news.The reporter is educated and knows whom to ask for vehicle or help.

Very often these news items are only to sensationalize.The father says son only had leg pain while the doctor said he is not alive.  The father can be in denial but the reporter should have the professionalism to check thouroughly before posting the allegation.They will do anything for getting their news.

We treat the dead better than living .

We feed people and do daan dakshina for the dead . What is the use. Treat people better when they are alive.

Edited by beetle

4 minutes ago, beetle said:

Really sad.

In most cases the people don't know they can ask for a vehicle...like he said .

I wonder why Indian media obsesses with the dead more than the living.we rarely see headlines like a guy carried his sick child on shoulder.

The reporter should be more worried about what happened to the poor boy...how did he come to the hospital.was he provided with ambulance for coming to hospital.

No such questions are asked...because  who care..there are so many sick people coming to hospital everyvday.that is not news.

Most state govt are supposed to provide emergency 108 ambulances for the sick.These abulances do not carry dead bodies and rightly so.These are scarce resourses and should be always available on priority for the living sick people.

But people should ask for vehicles for taking dead bodies. Very often poor people don't even know they can .

The reporter should also be asked why he did not inform the father that he should ask for a vehicle instead of waiting for the opportunity to get his photo and morbid news.

Very often these news items are only to sensationalize.The father says son only had leg pain while the doctor said he is not alive.  The father can be in denial but the reporter should have the professionalism to check thouroughly before posting the allegation.They will do anything for getting their news.

We treat the dead better than living .

We feed people and do daan dakshina for the dead . What is the use. Treat people better when they are alive.

quality post

Most govt hospitals are in pathetic conditions.

It is common for patients to share beds a

Or even sleep on the floor. 

We should be more moved and  shocked by that .That should make headlines.

22 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Disgusting. Yet there is an ambulance service for cows. Priorities you see.

Their was ambulance service here too just that guy didn't know he could use and hospital didn't offer him as well.

21 minutes ago, beetle said:

Most govt hospitals are in pathetic conditions.

It is common for patients to share beds a

Or even sleep on the floor. 

We should be more moved and  shocked by that .That should make headlines.

True. Govt hospitals are shockingly bad, very filthy, too overcrowded,pathetic sanitation.... Had the nightmarish experience of going to one such hospital 10 years ago. Needless to say, won't repeat that mistake again. But poor people don't have that option :((.

Govts should focus on govt hospitals and govt schools, but they rarely do that.