sreesanth

cricajar

You certainly have to respect sree's performances in SA, but he has consistently shown that he is NOT ready for berth into the WC. In this world cup, the winning team will have the best set of economical bowlers, because that's all that matters in ODIs now. Its sort of riddiculous to see the 300 mark being passed so easily, and its kinda of sad actually -- so the team posting the best economy rates will certainly win. Sreesanth bowled very well in SA b/c a) it was in helpful conditions and B) it was a test match where the premium is on wickets and not stemming the run-flow. Our best bowling options now are Munaf, Zak, Aggy, and Bhajji with Sewhag, Tendulkar, Ganguly, and Yuvi filling in the role of 5th bowler...It would be great if Irfan fits in, but I was not impressed by his last outing. Lets see...Him and Sehwag are the questions still up there. In conclusion -- Sree has to go, he may yet learn to tighten up his length and is a young lad, but he is clearly not ready for WC duty.

Re: sreesanth Not based on two ODIs based on his entire ODI career...his economy rate is 5.85, which is absurdly high compared to even other pacers in our own squad: Munaf -- 4.63 Zaheer Khan -- 4.89 Irfan Pathan -- 5.02 Even Agarkar...5.05 So Dhondy, don't come in here and tell me he's being judged on 2 games, he's being judged on 25 games and has more than enough chances to prove himself. Does he have no future? I'm not saying that but his services should not be rendered for this WC. His 36.45 average is certainly not good enough to justify his atrocious economy rate.

Re: sreesanth i would take jogi over sree for WC..... 130 kph line and length is good for windies pitches where players like bradshaws are the spearheads.... Sree is a test-match strike bowler and obviously he will be expensive in odis..... doesnt matter.... in this age, even players like Baldy Rana chalk up 150 SR by closing their eyes and swinging merrily at bowlers like Ntiini....