Sandeep Sharma!!!

Ultimate_Game

27 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Sandeeps's last 2 IPL seasons were pretty average.....with 28 wickets from 28 matches.

28 wickets at around 27 with ER 7.5

pretty decent for someone whose team finished last

Obviously had a great 2014 too

I can never truly trust bowlers with slow speed, they might be good bowlers and absolutely destructive when the conditions suit them but majority of the pitches in the world are too flat and on those pitches if they come across a warner or a devilliers or maxwell, it can only end in tragedy. We've had too many bad experiences with vinay kumars and dindas, even though praveen kumar had a relatively successful career compared to other trundlers but even he didn't inspire enough confidence when he came into bowl, Sandeep should really increase his pace like bhuvi, he's a punjabi, that physique doesn't suit him, eat some butter chicken dammit :aha:

8 minutes ago, kira said:

I can never truly trust bowlers with slow speed, they might be good bowlers and absolutely destructive when the conditions suit them but majority of the pitches in the world are too flat and on those pitches if they come across a warner or a devilliers or maxwell, it can only end in tragedy. We've had too many bad experiences with vinay kumars and dindas, even though praveen kumar had a relatively successful career compared to other trundlers but even he didn't inspire enough confidence when he came into bowl, Sandeep should really increase his pace like bhuvi, he's a punjabi, that physique doesn't suit him, eat some butter chicken dammit :aha:

On pattas everyone gets hit.Aaron and Umesh before 2015 is example

28 wickets at around 27 with ER 7.5

pretty decent for someone whose team finished last

Obviously had a great 2014 too

Well he did got his chance after that 2014 season vs zimbabwe but got thrashed by chumu chibhaba and co. Can't trust such military medium, batters like branda ab kp will feast on sandip, we have had enough experience from the likes of Vinay Kumar mithun arvind venky etc.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

ICF does not select the playing 11.

Dibbly dobbly medium pacers have not got many chances in the Indian playing 11 whether the captain was Dhoni or Kohli or Ganguly.

He is in the PK mould right? 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Nope its not speed gun but about required skill set in modern cricket. 

Ill select many over Aaron who are slower then him due to their skill sets. 

Where is he lacking if we use him only with new ball?

1 minute ago, Lord said:

On pattas everyone gets hit.Aaron and Umesh before 2015 is example

Yeah but still prefer them getting hit than those dibbly dobbly bowlers, the trundlers look so helpless when bowling on the pattas, it's not a funny site :no: 

Aaron isn't even in the selection picture these days, so no point talking about him and umesh is also not really our top odi bowlers. 

Pace isn't everything but one should be at least medium pace around 135-140, anything lower than that is just not acceptable, how many bowlers in the history of the game have bowled at a slower pace than 135 and been successful?

18 minutes ago, kira said:

Skillsets + intelligence >> speed. Faster bowlers get hit faster on pattas. 

2 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Skillsets + intelligence >> speed. Faster bowlers get hit faster on pattas. 

Read my comment above, speed isn't important but no amount of skill + intelligence can compensate for a speed less than 135, does sandeep bowl around 135?

Just now, Magneto said:

What is Sandeep’s average speed actually? 

I don't know, that's why I am asking, I have seen only a couple of deliveries from him this season, they were around 128-130 I guess

18 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Well he did got his chance after that 2014 season vs zimbabwe but got thrashed by chumu chibhaba and co. Can't trust such military medium, batters like branda ab kp will feast on sandip, we have had enough experience from the likes of Vinay Kumar mithun arvind venky etc.

Sandeep isnt in their league just because of pace.They havent done well even in IPL.If anything Aaron can be clubbed with them being as useless

Why arent these guys feasting on him in IPL? :hmmm:

9 minutes ago, kira said:

I don't know, that's why I am asking, I have seen only a couple of deliveries from him this season, they were around 128-130 I guess

I saw one at 138 :aha:

Normally around 132-135

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

I saw one at 138 :aha:

Normally around 132-135

Just needs a couple of yards to become a top bowler, he can do that like bhuvi, can be tried in t20 internationals, he can get away with 4 overs