Sandeep Sharma!!!

Ultimate_Game

33 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Have IPL performances even been that important for choosing bowlers for international matches  ?

Yes. Far more important than SMAT, IST or VH. We are talking about strictly LOIs only. Consistent performances in Ind-A and IPL are the two stepping stones.

6 minutes ago, speedheat said:

I prefer to judge pacer on skill sets then blindly follow their numbers and yea

Their is something called domestic cricket, 50/50 format 4 day format which provides much larger range and view to judge a pacer then iplt20 tamasha , but you have to come out of your EA sports mode to understand that emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sandeep Sharma :

in FC : Avg 24 SR 52

List A : Avg 24 ER : 4.75

Can you put up others' numbers for comparison?Thanks :)

36 minutes ago, speedheat said:

How international matches does he played to judge him??? Hmm?? Poor guy just keep on getting injured

OK I will take those all 10 bowlers who could hurl it pass 140k over aeron but not any dibbly doblies

They are helpless on flat tracks

Faster hit-me bowlers are of greater help in lifeless tracks, specially in LOIs.

12 minutes ago, speedheat said:

He edges ahead of faulkner

In terms of skills and pace that proves my point

Thats not what I asked

Was he picked because of pace despite poor stats

Or were his stats also good?.Anyone would pick him then

49 minutes ago, Magneto said:

It’s unfortunate he got injured. He got a shot at Team India because of his pace, but hasn’t done much. Gets bashed up in every IPL. Gets wickets in domestics because average batsmen can’t handle his pace. But if cannot perform at the big stage (IPL + Internationals), soon he will run out of chances. Also, his pace is no longer a novelty, we now have around 10 bowlers who can hurl the ball at 140+.

His IPL performances only prove that he is a bad T20 bowler and should not be anywhere near our T20I side.

It does not give any indication as to how he would do in test matches.

Aaron has played very few international matches after his return from injury 2 years back. He has done well in the 4 day A-team matches he has played after that.

A lot of problems that are noticable regarding Aaron's skills are due to a major remodelling of his action after a major backbone operation. He should get better as he gets used to his new action.

Edited by express bowling

33 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Lol blind following of stats and performance and numbers will lead you to greats like vinnu kumar and dindas etc its skill sets with pace is the most important thing,just look at Aussies you can find examples their, they dropped Faulkner for patto.

Why are you putting it to blind following? No one should follow stats blindly. Dinda as an example, is mostly a 140-type bowler. But he bowls brainlessly and gets thrashed.  

I am yet to see a bowler who has horrible stats and great potential, and has succeeded. Great potential usually results to good stats. If great potential results to pathetic stats, those ingredients are obviously undercooked and needs time to get there. The best Indian bowlers like Bumrah, Bhuvi, Umesh etc are doing well in this IPL, so no contradiction there.

Sandeep Sharma :

in FC : Avg 24 SR 52

List A : Avg 24 ER : 4.75

Can you put up others' numbers for comparison?Thanks :)

Read my post again :facepalm:

Where is the

Pace?

Bounce?

natural seam movement?

Height??

deceiving Slow balls??

Fast bouncers???

Quick yorker???

Sandip is liability once ball looses its shine or when their is no swing in offer

37 minutes ago, speedheat said:

So you asking to judge a team or pacer based on IPL tamasha??? lol :hysterical:

If so then we will have gauti bhajji robin etc playing for us lol

Navdeep siani is another tall,fast and skilled young prospect from delhi

Gauti should play ahead of Dhawan (or Rohit) for sure.

22 minutes ago, speedheat said:

I prefer to judge pacer on skill sets then blindly follow their numbers and yea

Their is something called domestic cricket, 50/50 format 4 day format which provides much larger range and view to judge a pacer then iplt20 tamasha , but you have to come out of your EA sports mode to understand that emoji23.pngemoji23.png

VH and the rest of the domestic cricket proves very little. IPL has much better cricketers overall, top international players, big crowds, major pressure, and the games are home and away. The performances are for everyone to see. 

Domestic LOI cricket is far more low grade.

Edited by Magneto

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

But still I will prefer them over medium pacers on flat tracks

Otherwise it will be 438/7 remember south Africa??

Bracken was the best bowler of the match and Lee got hammered

whats your point :hysterical:

Thats not what I asked

Was he picked because of pace despite poor stats

Or were his stats also good?.Anyone would pick him then

Of cource because of pace he was preferred if you doubt please Google Mr. Lemons statements, hell they even selected billy stanelake who played just grand sum of 2 domestic matches.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

1st class cricket is ruled by trundlers.

Dhawal, unadkat, vinay kumar becomes mcgrath there

so you are saying that batsmen who struggle against  these trundlers find it easier against the faster,pacier etc etc bowlers?What does it say about them??

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

His IPL performances only prove that he is a bad T20 bowler and should not be anywhere near our T20I side.

It does not give any indication as to how he would do in test matches.

Aaron has played very few international matches after his return from injury 2 years back. He has done well in the 4 day A-team matches he has played after that.

A lot of problems that are noticable regarding Aaron's skills are due to a major remodelling of his action after a major backbone operation. He should get better as he gets used to his new action.

This discussion is solely about LOIs, as I am assuming. Sandeep Sharma is not being asked to be in a Test team, I presume.

9 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Faster hit-me bowlers are of greater help in lifeless tracks, specially in LOIs.

We are not asking for bowlers with only pace, we are asking for bowlers with skill set

Seam movement

pace around 140k, so the slowers ball bowled at 120k looks like variation. Unlike these trundlers whose slower balls speed n faster ball speed doesnt have much distance

Height

yorkers

Slowers balls

Sharp hit the deck bowling to hurry up batsman at times

M not asking for Aaron, but time to invest in Rajpoot, nathu, thampi 

VH and the rest of the domestic cricket proves very little. IPL has much better cricketers overall, top international players, big crowds, major pressure, and the games are home and away. The performances are for everything to see. 

Domestic LOI cricket is far more low grade.

But what about the format short boundaries flat tracks???? IPL is good to judge a batter but pacer hell no

1 minute ago, Lord said:

so you are saying that batsmen who struggle against  these trundlers find it easier against the faster,pacier etc etc bowlers?What does it say about them??

A lot had to do with those lush green pitches that made these bowlers stats look like that in last few yrs. N how many of our international players play domestic. No matter how much they pick which one has been success in international cricket 

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

Of cource because of pace he was preferred if you doubt please Google Mr. Lemons statements, hell they even selected billy stanelake who played just grand sum of 2 domestic matches.

Still waiting for his bad stats which were overlooked

guess how Stanlake fared when he was picked

got smacked by SL at home on debut but ofcourse you'd ignore that

23 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Yes. Far more important than SMAT, IST or VH. We are talking about strictly LOIs only. Consistent performances in Ind-A and IPL are the two stepping stones.

A significant % of the top IPL performers, especially as far as bowling is concerned, are not a part of India's LOI playing 11.

Shami, Jadeja have all been average in the IPL but are regulars for India in LOIs.

Bhuvi is still not a regular in the Indian LOI teams and has been left out of most recent T20I in the last 16 months.

Mishra, Chawla, RP, Vinay, Aravind, Munaf, Sandeep etc . have been some of the top IPL performers with the ball but either do not play for India or play rarely.

Even in batting, we don't see the likes of Utthapoa or Genghis in the Indian LOI teams.

Edited by express bowling