BCCI announces India squad for Champions Trophy 2017

Is the Indian CT2017 squad selection satisfactory?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you overall happy with the CT2017 indian Squad?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Oldhere said:

Good team and as expected for Champions trophy.

There was no way Yuvi or MSD would be dropped for Champ trophy considering we only had 1 odi series like 4 months back.

Dont think we could have taken Kuldeep or Pant at this moment.

There time will come after this tourney as surely Yuvi isnt long term.

MSD i still think has his value in ODI and wouldnt be dropped.

Happy with the team but also think we are not winning this as other teams like Australia, SA and Eng have moved ahead because of Bashers which we lack right now.

Pant after watching in IPL needs time, i wanted him in team during England tour but now i feel Kid needs just 1 more season of Domestics to toughen up.

Why needs domestic season to tighten up? He can tighten up better and stronger being in team India.

5 minutes ago, Oldhere said:

Good team and as expected for Champions trophy.

There was no way Yuvi or MSD would be dropped for Champ trophy considering we only had 1 odi series like 4 months back.

Dont think we could have taken Kuldeep or Pant at this moment.

There time will come after this tourney as surely Yuvi isnt long term.

MSD i still think has his value in ODI and wouldnt be dropped.

Happy with the team but also think we are not winning this as other teams like Australia, SA and Eng have moved ahead because of Bashers which we lack right now.

Pant after watching in IPL needs time, i wanted him in team during England tour but now i feel Kid needs just 1 more season of Domestics to toughen up.

I disagree,Pant should have been selected.I am tired of watching the pathetic approach of our openers.He is ready,can also become a finished product playing intl cricket.We see same old faces recycled after every ICC tournament ,I think a jolt is needed this time around.

1 minute ago, kira said:

Experience doesn't count for Sh!ts , even yuvi has experience of playing in england then why did you question his selection, pant, kishan, samson  have all done better than dhoni if you really want a valid player with wk skills

:wall:

There is replacement for UV not Dhoni.

Pant, Kishan and Samson - Pick them for next couple of ODI overseas tour and home(Drop Dhoni now), groom them and send them to WT20/WC19.

You don't just send 3 players into knockout matches in England.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ashwin was awesome in CWC 2015 and CT 2013. He turns up on the big stage. Remember how he won us the finals in CT 2013? Probably among all Indian bowlers past and present no one has a record comparable to his in ICC events.

Ashwin bowled a tight last over in the final of CT2013. It was actually Jadeja who bowled brilliantly throughout the tournament.

What's with people saying young players should play more FC cricket and not intl? That's bullshit. 

We used to pick talented players at young age. Yuvi, zaheer, kohli, raina etc etc. 

Look at Rabada. He's already the mainstay if SA bowling at the age of 21. Q de kock Arguably the best keeper bat in the world now. 

Seems like now a days we pick players only if they are 25+:facepalm:

Edited by OpeningBatsman
3 minutes ago, BCCI said:

I disagree,Pant should have been selected.I am tired of watching the pathetic approach of our openers.He is ready,can also become a finished product playing intl cricket.We see same old faces recycled after every ICC tournament ,I think a jolt is needed this time around.

Who are the old players you're talking about?

To people asking why Gambhir and Raina is not picked, We are not PCB.

3 minutes ago, StriKe said:

Pant, Kishan and Samson - Pick them for next couple of ODI overseas tour and home(Drop Dhoni now), groom them and send them to WT20/WC19.

Yup. It's high time that our fans just manage to build some trust on the current coaching team. We've been very good in every series we've played under them. Relax. Pant/Samson's time will come.

Just now, OpeningBatsman said:

What's with people saying young players should play more FC cricket and not intl? That's bullshit. 

We used to pick talented players at young age. Yuvi, zaheer, kohli, raina etc etc. 

Look at Rabada. He's already the mainstay if SA bowling at the age of 21. Q de kock Arguably the best keepee bat jn the world now. 

Seems like now a says we pick players only if they are 25+:facepalm:

Pick young players for all ODI matches but don't send bunch of young players to Knockout tournaments.

4 minutes ago, StriKe said:

Pick young players for all ODI matches but don't send bunch of young players to Knockout tournaments.

I've no issues with Yuvi. I'm a fan. He has done well in the last series too. But whay has Rahane done in his ODI CAREER to be in the team. 

Using the cliched 'technique' of his is really lame. He hasn't done anything with his technique in ODIS. Also England pitches for LOIS  are the flattest in the world. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman

Needed a batsman like Pant to open the innings and give some momentum but he is not even in the squad :facepalm: 

Rahane :wall: 

Kuldeep should have been in the squad too.

So the playing 11 will be,

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Yuvi

Dhoni

Jadhav

Pandya

Jaddu and/or Ashwin or 3 pacers depending on the pitch/conditions.

Our fast bowling looks great. Hope Ashwin is fully fit now. Need Jaddu and Ashwin to take wickets in the middle overs and not just be economical. Kuldeep would have been a very good pick here.

Edited by Mosher
Just now, OpeningBatsman said:

I've now issues with Yuvi. I'm a fan. He has done well in the last series too. But whay has Rahane done in his ODI CAREER to be in the team. 

Using the cliched 'technique' of his is really lame. He hasn't done anything with his technique in ODIS. Also England pitches for LOIS  are the flattest in the world. 

Yes Rahane's selection is dumb. I'd have liked to see someone else apart from him. Pant/Samson would've been nice as both can open plus keep wickets as backup for Dhoni.

1 minute ago, StriKe said:

There are many replacements for Dhoni, who will do lot better than Dhoni at present. What good will experience do if you have totally lost the ability to hit or score runs?

India didn't worry about introducing a 16 yrs old Sachin in Pakistan, or an 18 yrs old Yuvi in Champions trophy itself in Kenya. And see the result, 18 yrs old Yuvi takes on an unbeatable Australia with no experience playing in Nairobi, and wins the match single handedly, took India to final. If indian selectors had thought your way that inexperienced players can't be sent to big tournaments, we would never have had this Yuvi.

Pant has shown some excellent keeping skills in this IPL, took great catches. And anyday keeping on indian pitches us tougher than in England.

If DeKock, Zampa etc can debut within 20, why can't India follow the same path?

9 minutes ago, StriKe said:

There is replacement both for UV and dhoni, if only  you are not blind fan of one

11 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Only reason for not having Pant is that he wont be played and he will just be on bench.

Also, whatever i saw in IPL and last domestics, he isnt even played as an opener by his own teams so dont know he will be picked up as an opener in Champ trophy.

Just wait for sometime this kid is gonna have a long career and will play a lot but champs trophy he was never going to be selected.

I just think that for this tourney team is okay but yes going forward India needs to move away from Dhawan, Rahane, Yuvi and in sometime from MSD.