BCCI announces India squad for Champions Trophy 2017

Is the Indian CT2017 squad selection satisfactory?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you overall happy with the CT2017 indian Squad?

• Yes
    • No

29 minutes ago, beetle said:

Agree about the bit about Kohli needing guidance....specially after seeing him captain RCB .:frown:

This is not a bait for pro/ anti Dhoni talk .....but even Virat will be relieved to have him around .

And if the chief selector says that we can't judge a certain player by his batting form and he is needed to guide the captain, then why don't you take him as a personal mentor for the captain? Why waste a place in 15 men squad, and thereby in playing XI too, with a non-performing mentor? After all he holds a very crucial position in batting line up.

1 minute ago, DDfan2017 said:

And if the chief selector says that we can't judge a certain player by his batting form and he is needed to guide the captain, then why don't you take him as a personal mentor for the captain? Why waste a place in 15 men squad, and thereby in playing XI too, with a non-performing mentor? After all he holds a very crucial position in batting line up.

Personal mentor will not stand on the field next to him when he loses it.:p:

Okay here we have few guys supporting Dhoni's selection, few opposing. I respect their views too who support Dhoni's selection.

But I would like to know if there's anyone in ICF who supports Rahane's selection.

Coz I can't respect the view of someone who supports Rahane in LOIs.

1 minute ago, DDfan2017 said:

Okay here we have few guys supporting Dhoni's selection, few opposing. I respect their views too who support Dhoni's selection.

But I would like to know if there's anyone in ICF who supports Rahane's selection.

Rahane is like Asad Shafiq of Pakistan. Pathetic in limited overs

2 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

You mean kohli?:p:

4 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

@Sidhoni

Still can't get over the fact that rahane has been selected over pant :mad:

Time and time rahane has proved that he is not an odi bat, he has no guts and bottles it when needed the most, his technique too is overrated by coots like gawaskar, his technique was exposed when amir trapped him like a tailender on a greenish bouncy track in Bangladesh, he should have been no where near our odi kit.

Just now, Sidhoni said:

Is it worse than his international record?

He averages 36 in list A with 5 centuries, his t20 strike rate after 157 matches is 118, he can't play limited overs cricket, regardless of form, even pujara has a way better record than him in domestic odis

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

In ODIS Jadeja is far more reliable in both batting and bowling imo.

He atleast can be relied to keep the run rate in check and pick up odd wickets .

In his current form can't say that about Ashwin.We definitely missed a trick by not picking Kuldeep

Agreed and his fielding is a complete asset, his batting is bad for no 7 but not for no 8

Not selecting kuldeep is missing having that ace in the pack

31 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Rahane wnt do that bad as he likes Eng pitches and he is a good fielder. 

But if he plays one good innings he ll get 25 games to play on basis of it , thats what worries me 

And the guy is not a match winner. LOI are all about match winners now

3 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

What's with people saying young players should play more FC cricket and not intl? That's bullshit. 

We used to pick talented players at young age. Yuvi, zaheer, kohli, raina etc etc. 

Look at Rabada. He's already the mainstay if SA bowling at the age of 21. Q de kock Arguably the best keeper bat in the world now. 

Seems like now a days we pick players only if they are 25+:facepalm:

Agreed.......as if we a have domestic structure like Aus n SA

4 hours ago, kira said:

Why are we still picking Dhoni? :facepalm:

As ghost captain, kohli tactically has been very below avg 

3 hours ago, DDfan2017 said:

Pitches in England for ODIs are more or less flat only. If Yuvi could be introduced into international scene in a big tournament at an age of 18, why can't Pant be?

and pants batting looks better then when yuvi came in 

Rohit n kohli also played soon for India after u-19 may be in a year or two

2 hours ago, NareshK said:

Rahane is a tried and tested failure in ODIs. Dont know what selectors get out of beating a dead horse. They have done enough damage by selecting him over the last few years but dont seem to have learned their lesson. Yuvraj is past his prime and wont deliver. 

Could have gone for Pant, Samson, Shreyas Iyer or even Manoj Tiwary in Yuvraj or Rahane's place or even a wicket taking spinner like Kuldeep Yadav who has the x factor.

Selectors went the safe route as usual and dont have the balls to take tough decisions for the betterment of the team. Disappointed.

tiwary kuch zyaada ho gaya

3 hours ago, DDfan2017 said:

Got a 29 and 50 in only test he played against NZ. Failed in one test against England and he was dropped. Do you call that enough chances for him?

his new stance will be exposed in Eng, pitches are flat there but still wud be better than ipl 

Also at his age he ll be another slow fielder 

1 hour ago, kira said:

Mishraji can't handle pressure and his batting and fielding + attitude are enough to keep him out of the side

selectors didnt even take his name in backups.....was good to hear

1 hour ago, DDfan2017 said:

Still can't ignore someone who has an average of 23 and strike rate below 30 over 36 ODIs. He might be the worst fielder, but he's the best at the main job given to him, ie bowling. No point of selecting a good fielder who can't do the main job of bowling well.

Btw Ashwin too doesn't add much value to the team with his fielding.

Ashin does well in big tournaments, Big tournaments are about pressure