Mumbai school of batting !!!

velu

Great approach. When you're striking at more than a run a ball from the getgo you can afford to slow down. Much better than tuk tuking in the middle overs and running off to the other end and letting the other batsman ease the 'pressure' and leaving 20 runs to get from the last over.

When Iyer got out, only 7 runs from 4 balls were required. He made sure even Mishra wouldnt be able to screw it up.

Great approach :mi:

4 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Great approach. When you're striking at more than a run a ball from the getgo you can afford to slow down. Much better than tuk tuking in the middle overs and running off to the other end and letting the other batsman ease the 'pressure' and leaving 20 runs to get from the last over.

When Iyer got out, only 7 runs from 4 balls were required. He made sure even Mishra wouldnt be able to screw it up.

Great approach :mi:

almsot choked the team for his 100 :p:

But to be fair Gavaskar as great he is was ridiculed by I believe Lee and Doull I think when he said a batsman slowed down because he was in his nervous 40's in one of the games this IPL :laugh:

Initially he tried to kind of justify saying how importanat 50's are in T20's and then he changed it to the fact that he was joking :hysterical:

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

But to be fair Gavaskar as great he is was ridiculed by I believe Lee and Doull I think when he said a batsman slowed down because he was in his nervous 40's in one of the games this IPL :laugh:

Initially he tried to kind of justify saying how importanat 50's are in T20's and then he changed it to the fact that he was joking :hysterical:

so he is the one coined this nervous 90's and nervous 40's :p:

1 minute ago, velu said:

so he is the one coined this nervous 90's and nervous 40's :p:

He is old school...give him a break...back then for India with the bowling and team we had.....draw was equal to winning and if he took all the time in the world,it was a draw and 100 personally so win win...infact India almost chased a record total on a 5th day in England because of Gavaskar once and also had the record for chasing the highest 4th innings total ever......can't call him selfish for that.

Times have changed now.

27 minutes ago, maniac said:

fidgety forties is better I guess :hmmm:

24 minutes ago, maniac said:

He is old school...give him a break...back then for India with the bowling and team we had.....draw was equal to winning and if he took all the time in the world,it was a draw and 100 personally so win win...infact India almost chased a record total on a 5th day in England because of Gavaskar once and also had the record for chasing the highest 4th innings total ever......can't call him selfish for that.

Times have changed now.

what about that special one ? :p:

recent times !!!

On 2017-5-11 at 0:13 AM, maniac said:

But he was really joking. I saw that.

Batsmen on 49..

Need 9 runs to win in 4 balls..

what :mi: batsmen did was legendary

dot

dot

dot

single

batsmen reached another  50 .. team lost the game by 7 runs :hail::hail::hail:

CSKiites won't understand selfless service for the greater good of IPL...

That's why they've been banned while MI continues to be in the good books and hugely popular in IPL.. :nice:

2 hours ago, velu said:

Batsmen on 49..

Need 9 runs to win in 4 balls..

what :mi: batsmen did was legendary

dot

dot

dot

single

batsmen reached another  50 .. team lost the game by 7 runs :hail::hail::hail:

Which match is this? Who is the batsman? Any videos of the match?