Dhoni - The biggest match winner in the history of IPL

Ultimate_Game

We all know what a legend and match winner Dhoni is at intl level where he has single handedly won bunch of matches and tournaments for India. I was going through cricinfo and was surprised to see that Dhoni has done the same at IP as well, i.e. bigger the match, better the performance :hatsoff: Here's the excerpt from the article...

Dhoni has excellent numbers in IPL playoffs and knockout matches, moreover, scoring 397 runs in 14 innings at an average of 44.11 and a strike rate of 139.78 - both are improvements on his overall IPL figures. He has done particularly well against Mumbai in playoffs and knockout games, scoring 154 runs in five innings at 51.33, with two half-centuries, and a strike rate of 163.82.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2017/content/story/1097984.html

As we knew all along and have seen this IPL as well Dhoni shows up when it matters the most and against better teams. I mean look at how Dhoni won 2 matches on his own against the bowling team in IPL SRH and took on comfortably the best bowler of this IPL, and one of my favorites, Bhuvi!

What a man! What a legend!!! :hail: No wonder Mumbai are shaking in their boots at the prospect of facing Dhoni :agree: 

Edited by Ultimate_Game

Another interesting snippet from the same article...

Rohit Sharma does not have a great record in IPL playoffs and knockout matches. In 12 innings for Deccan Chargers and Mumbai, he has scored 159 runs at 14.45 and a strike rate of 101.27, with only one half-century.

Looks like Rohit Sharma is king of cheap runs in IPL as well :giggle: 

16 minutes ago, laaloo said:

I can assure you mumbai fans want tony bhai to spend as much time at the crease as possible. He can stem the run rate and get much needed breakthrough for us by scalping well set batsmen at the other end. :bebored:

Be very careful what you wish for... it may come true! :agree: 

27 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Or judging by the last two years it would mean 49 * (48) and other well set batsmen being run out to stay not out :giggle:

Look at the big picture - Dhoni has led his team to playoffs as one of the top two teams. Who are we  to question the methods of the great man?

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Look at the big picture - Dhoni has led his team to playoffs as one of the top two teams. Who are we  to question the methods of the great man?

If you zoom into that big picture you would see that Pune made playoffs despite Tony bhai trying his best to screw them over. :giggle: . You dont have to question anything, just zoom in.

10 minutes ago, laaloo said:

No I understood the genius before everyone else did. :bow:

1)Making Smith captain and showing middle finger to dhoni fanatics :hail: 

2)Smith asking for stokes into squad:hail:

3)Buying Tahir :hail: 

4)Smith,Tripathi and Manoj countering screwing attempts of Dhoni. :hail:

5) Trolling dhoni on Twitter and yet using him for PR strategies. :hail:

Goenka is a genius. 

1 hour ago, laaloo said:

I can assure you mumbai fans want tony bhai to spend as much time at the crease as possible. He can stem the run rate and get much needed breakthrough for us by scalping well set batsmen at the other end. :bebored:

What would you do if Bambai buys "Tony" next year? :hmmm:

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Just love the way how chamchas are having nightmares and are loosing their nerves :hysterical: two of those have already been banned.

it mean we are the one running amok :dance::dance:

who is the other one ?