Dhoni Showed How to Hit Sixes & It Was a Pleasure: Manoj Tiwary

velu

New Delhi: Manoj Tiwary played the sheet-anchor’s role to perfection as he guided Rising Pune Supergiant to 162/4 against Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium on Tuesday to lay the foundation stone for the team’s entry into the final of this edition of the IPL. But for Tiwary, it was more about living the dream of batting with Dhoni that brought a smile to his face.

Having scored a 48-ball 58 on a tricky Wankhede track, he was called for a chat at the end of the Pune innings and Tiwary made no bones about the fact that he had finally realised his dream of batting with Dhoni.

“It's a dream come true for me," Tiwary said. "I've been part of Indian team before, but haven't got the opportunity to bat with him. Today was a dream for me. It was a pleasure to watch from the other end, how he was hitting sixes. It shows how technique and shape can help along with power.”

With the wicket in Mumbai helping the bowlers, Pune were placed on 121/3 after 18 overs and it looked like they would end somewhere around the 140-run mark. Both Tiwary and Dhoni were struggling with the wicket holding up and the Mumbai bowlers bowling a disciplined line.

But what happened next is stuff legends are made of. Going into the 19th over, Tiwary was the first one to break the shackles as he hit Mitchell McClenaghan for a four and a six. After that, Dhoni took over and hit the pacer for two sixes as Pune collected 26 runs from the 19th over.

Dhoni_BCCI.jpg

In the 20th over, Tiwary decided to take a single and watch the show as Dhoni first went over covers off Jasprit Bumrah and then went for a double off a mistimed pull. The next one was headed straight over the sightscreen as Dhoni cleared his left leg and went up and over.

Even though Tiwary was run out of the last ball, the damage had been done as Pune picked 15 from the last over. In fact, they picked 41 off the 73 runs they added for the 4th wicket off the last 12 balls. Dhoni though was unbeaten on 40 off 26 balls with 5 sixes. His strike-rate read 153.84

even the players are bigger fans than fans like us :dance::dance:

@BeautifulGame  @sscomp32  @Viper  if any new article or titbit about dhoni gets published , plz WhatsApp me :aha:

http://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/ms-dhoni-showed-how-to-hit-sixes-it-was-a-pleasure-manoj-tiwary-1403313.html

17 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Tiwary reminds me of Badrinath :nervous: 

Decent at domestic level but a limited batsman overall and not someone you want at the crunch.

Tiwary has more runs and better SR than Dhoni this IPL. Only Tripathi at 149 and Stokes at 142 have better SR than his at 139. Also has the 2nd best average at 35 after Smith.

Edited by rkt.india

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Tiwary has more runs and better SR than Dhoni this IPL. Only Tripathi at 149 and Stokes at 142 have better SR than his at 139. Also has the 2nd best average at 35 after Smith.

Sunile narine has more runs than Virat kohli with better strikerate :flute:

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

One IPL is not the only thing you want to compare else you would have likes of Asnodkar, Paul Valthatty and who else in the team. We can't have too many consolidators. You have to identify max of 2-3 players for that role and IMO Kohli, Rahul and Pandey already lend that stability and solidity in the top & middle order. The short format cricket has changed and you need more aggressive players whose natural game is to have a SR around 90 or above, i.e. somebody like Jadhav. Tiwary is an upgrade on Rahane and that's not saying much. And to top it the guy is a horrible fielder and drops too many catches.