Excessive frisking in Indian Stadiums

Is the frisking done prior to the entry in a stadium turning too much nowadays? They strip people basically of everything except their mobile phones and wallets these days. I went to Feroz Shah Kotla for DD v KKR match and was frisked basically 5 times before I could take my seat. The search was quiet invasive and rigorous where they patted my entire body and also took my wallet out of my pocket and searched it for coins. My question is, is it that necessary? Morever women entering the stadium were not searched at all while the men were searched meticulously by the police forces. Any views people? 

But the rule on coins is not uniformly implemented. Some stadiums like in Delhi they ban it while at Kolkata you are allowed to carry. If you are not going implement it properly than what's the use of snatching them away from spectators?

On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 11:55 AM, Sam10 said:

Morever women entering the stadium were not searched at all while the men were searched meticulously by the police forces. Any views people? 

It defeats the purpose of meticulously searching the males if the ladies are not searched at all.

There should be lady security guards searching the ladies too.

Edited by express bowling
On 19/05/2017 at 11:55 AM, Sam10 said:

Is the frisking done prior to the entry in a stadium turning too much nowadays? They strip people basically of everything except their mobile phones and wallets these days. I went to Feroz Shah Kotla for DD v KKR match and was frisked basically 5 times before I could take my seat. The search was quiet invasive and rigorous where they patted my entire body and also took my wallet out of my pocket and searched it for coins. My question is, is it that necessary? Morever women entering the stadium were not searched at all while the men were searched meticulously by the police forces. Any views people? 

We don't often see women becoming unruly and throwing things on the ground.

They also need women personal to frisk women which probably is not so common in the security agencies.

5 minutes ago, beetle said:

I know.

This was about taking away coins and bottles etc.

OK. But this is still a very sexist comment. A woman being unruly is even more dangerous than a man. Besides seen many women being unruly at public places.But no worries. Men don't whine like women on such small things.

7 hours ago, beetle said:

We don't often see women becoming unruly and throwing things on the ground.

They also need women personal to frisk women which probably is not so common in the security agencies.

The major concern is not about spectators becoming unruly.

The major concern is regarding terrorist threats.

Moreover, in this age of equality, everyone should be searched and hiring sufficient lady security guards should be made mandatory.

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, Pollack said:

OK. But this is still a very sexist comment. A woman being unruly is even more dangerous than a man. Besides seen many women being unruly at public places.But no worries. Men don't whine like women on such small things.

I am just trying to reason why it happens.

Have you ever seen women/ girls being unruly in the stadium ....I haven't .

As regards other threats they should do it for every one like in airports and metro stations.But they don't remove your  coins or other objects that don't pose threat to security.

Removing of objects is a match specific action. If there was no history of chucking stuff at players..there would be no need.

Some stadiums with such history have to be extrs stringent while others where fans have a known history of not being rowdy...they can be lenient.

Women generally have not been seen to be the unruly till now.

If we see incidents, we may see a lot of stuff being removed from their bags.

It is case specific.

We had  gone to see Taj mahal...the woman security personal made me remove half the stuff from my bag...

Eatables, juices , gum etc. My husband just walked through without any one stopping him for frisking .

4 hours ago, YCCC said:

They take coins? Bloody ell if they tried to take our brass at Headingley there'd be murder! What happens if you buy something with a note in the ground and get change in coins?

Everything will be so excessively priced that there won't be any need for coins.All will be in rounded figures.

On 2017-5-20 at 10:54 PM, beetle said:

Some stadiums with such history have to be extrs stringent while others where fans have a known history of not being rowdy...they can be lenient

Edited by Sam10
Spelling errors

Eden Gardens has got a history of being rowdy but their security is much more lenient when compared to Kotla. At Kolkata they allow you to carry coins, pens, binoculars and also they don't give you a full body frisking. They just tap around the pockets of your trousers to see whether someone is carrying something dangerous or not. I think its a complete overdose of frisking and restrictions when it comes to Delhi