Economy growing at 7%, jobs at 1%

Singh bling

7 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

i heard Indian IT will cut 2 lac jobs each year for 3 years.

could be even worse.. there were 80/90 people doing manula tetsing in korea some 3 years ..

now there are just 5/6 people doing the same work .. eveything is automated

most of the IT guys here in development is belwo average in coding skills .. and mid level managers are just time keepers in service comapnies

In the near future, there will not be enough jobs in Ind .... it is s race that Ind will struggle to win .... Ind would need to change its policies by focusing more on containing population, improving education, sustaining the environment, protecting the ecosystem, creating world class law and order system, etc. 

This generation will have to bear the burden of unwarranted population boom in the 20th century. The soonervInd realizes this, the better it would be for its future 

2 hours ago, velu said:

automation ..

in IT i expect manual testing jobs to be cut by 90%

Apart from IT all other sectors are suffering , and to put icing on cake GOvt did demonitisation which badly hit small industries who use to generate plenty of jobs but were not part of formal economy.Just go to small shopkeepers , small businessmen and they will tell yopu how businesses are not going well. This is a strange situation in India where sensex is all time high , GDP  is good but overall mood is very depressing

Just now, Singh bling said:

Apart from IT all other sectors are suffering , and to put icing on cake GOvt did demonitisation which badly hit small industries who use to generate plenty of jobs but were not part of formal economy.Just go to small shopkeepers , small businessmen and they will tell yopu how businesses are not going well. This is a strange situation in India where sensex is all time high , GDP  is good but overall mood is very depressing

we have a depratmental store in our small town , now the business is as usual ..

do you have any metric about overall mood or you pluck it from thin air ?

i am damn sure if the mood is really depressing BJP might have soundly beaten 

5 minutes ago, velu said:

we have a depratmental store in our small town , now the business is as usual ..

do you have any metric about overall mood or you pluck it from thin air ?

i am damn sure if the mood is really depressing BJP might have soundly beaten 

Elections winning in India are strange , many times leaders that did excellent job were booted out while useless regimes like left got 34 years from people.From 1958-1984 , Indian economy drowned poverty increased at alarming rate from 8% India came down to 1-2% , but strangely  the PM that ruled  most of time is still consider one of the best.

And anybody that has little knowledge of business world will confirm it. My own shop got me just peanuts in rent. The person who took it was telling me how he had offers from much prime location at cheaper rate.We discussed lot about business environment.

13 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Paytm for one is doing much better. So are Ola and Ueber.

Levity aside, can you generalize like this? Do you say this on the basis of anecdotal evidence or do you have some kind of data pointing in that direction? I can cite many small businesses which are doing just as well, and some small businesses which thrive because of transparency that the demonetization move has introduced into the economy.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

Paytm for one is doing much better. So are Ola and Ueber.

Levity aside, can you generalize like this? Do you say this on the basis of anecdotal evidence or do you have some kind of data pointing in that direction? I can cite many small businesses which are doing just as well, and some small businesses which thrive because of transparency that the demonetization move has introduced into the economy.

Can't tell about Mumbai business environment but Delhi NCR environment is not good. OLA Uber is now a different story , every time I hire a OLA and Uber the drivers start crying because  , now they barely earn 15-20k , but that is different story.

And these days I am doing construction and renovation of my house so meetings with small businessmen is almost daily routine for me and hardly anybody happy I found. My cousins are also in business and they too are not so happy

7 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Elections winning in India are strange , many times leaders that did excellent job were booted out while useless regimes like left got 34 years from people.From 1958-1984 , Indian economy drowned poverty increased at alarming rate from 8% India came down to 1-2% , but strangely  the PM that ruled  most of time is still consider one of the best.

And anybody that has little knowledge of business world will confirm it. My own shop got me just peanuts in rent. The person who took it was telling me how he had offers from much prime location at cheaper rate.We discussed lot about business environment.

watever , if you say people are really depressed because of demonitzation most certainly they might have voted against BJP in huge numbers considering BJP is responsible..

this is staright forward thing to grasp ..

i find everything is back to normal except real estate ( people willing to sell might be in depression ) .. we are doing financing too , for 3/4 months we were not gettign the interest properly , but again they are back to normal or close to november levels ..

14 minutes ago, velu said:

watever , if you say people are really depressed because of demonitzation most certainly they might have voted against BJP in huge numbers considering BJP is responsible..

this is staright forward thing to grasp ..

i find everything is back to normal except real estate ( people willing to sell might be in depression ) .. we are doing financing too , for 3/4 months we were not gettign the interest properly , but again they are back to normal or close to november levels ..

Even before demonitisation business environment was quite bleak , so there are several factors behind it. 

Anyway if winning election is barometer of whether Govt doing right or wrong then why AAP after 8 months won 67/70 seats in Delhi , What terrible BJP did in 2014 that they lost so badly against AAP

23 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Even before demonitisation business environment was quite bleak , so there are several factors behind it. 

Anyway if winning election is barometer of whether Govt doing right or wrong then why AAP after 8 months won 67/70 seats in Delhi , What terrible BJP did in 2014 that they lost so badly against AAP

this recent election is a barometer for whether people are pro or against demonitization or not ..

whatevr bjp did is a big move and i would consider that  election results are in favor of them ( anywya u can bring punjab , goa etc )..

this is me view .. you are free to have your view :icflove:

and you claimed that people r really depressed ( compunded by demonitization ) , if that is true people would have strongly voted against BJP..

Re BJP and the elections.

What people forget IMO is the agriculture after a long time is doing well. 272 million tonnes output is a record in India. Modi gov apart from certain spots in the country have got their agri policies spot on. 

Non farms data IMO is a bit misleading for a country like India where a big chunk of people are still involved in farming. In my village due to increased output farmer incomes have risen robustly. 

As for IT jobs and automation, the Indian middle class need to re balance. Focus needs to be on financial and auxiliary services. You look at the insurance sector LIC just declared 72% profit. So IMO once the NPA crisis with banks is over, demand in construction will be back and also those in IT need to shift their focus to services like banking. IE another middle class stream.

Tourism is another sector which is growing strongly and creating jobs. 

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/QaPzDm93yRDdILauC2STTM/India-jumps-16-places-in-world-tourism-ranking.html

So whats happening in India more than anything is a re balancing. Eventually IT will decline and in its place auxiliary financial services, tourism aviation etc will take their place.