ICF All Time ODI Cricket Draft [MATCH DAY 2 - Group A] | Match 3

Which Team Do You Think Would WIN  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Do You Think Would WIN

MATCH 3 : KIRA vs LORD/SLICKR392   ( @kira vs @Lord / @SLICKR392)

VENUE : LORDS, LONDON

Lord's, also known as Lord's Cricket Ground, is owned by Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) and is the home of Middlesex County Cricket Club.Widely referred to as the "Home of Cricket" and is home to the world's oldest sporting museum.

KIRA :

Kira's Invincibles 

2017-05-17_22-39-25.thumb.png.7de3ac642e73243a1b7ee7aefbd40e0f.png
Welcome to the most balanced and the most intimidating team of the tournament. I have named this team the Invincibles because I truly believe that this is a team for all conditions, this team has all the bases covered and it would be near impossible for any team to beat it in any conditions.  This team has great fast bowlers, great spinner, great finishers, great allrounders, great openers, great middle order, last but the not the least-:>one of the greatest captain in limited overs cricket. Mediocrity has no place in this team, each and every player of this team is a world beater.

This team has 5 world champions and a 2 time world cup winning captain. 

Let's look at the team in detail:-

Openers

135697.2.jpg

172141.2.jpg

Dilshan and De kock form a very formidable and intimidating opening pair. Both the openers are not only averaging near or above 40 but they also have great strike rates of 86 and 95 respectively. With such high strike rates, this opening pair will ensure that power plays are utilized properly and since both the openers have a knack of making centuries, they will continue on to build a long opening stand at a very good run rate.

Number 3 

204487.jpg

At no. 3 we got one of the greatest odi batsman in the world, a bonafide legend, a proven performer, a nightmare for the bowlers, the man, the myth, the legend Ricky "freaking" Ponting. Ponting is the last man the opposition wants to see walking out when they take a wicket, Ricky is no stranger to big tournaments and high pressure games, he's can easily take the game away from the opposition in a matter of minutes. The best bit about Ponting's game is his counter attacking mode against fast bowlers, you can be the fastest bowler in the world but if Ponting decides to pull you, the ball will only end up out of the ground. I don't think any team's no. 3 batsman can match my no. 3  (maybe kohli)

The middle order 

Joe-Root-batting.jpg

Michael-Hussey.jpg

With Joe root and Hussey I have good a very very solid middle order, both Root and Hussey average near 50 in ODI cricket. Both these players are very good players of spin and rotate the strike with ease. The middle overs will be no problem for these too guys, they can stop a collapse, build big partnerships at a very good run rate with out taking any risks. These too are a perfect foil to my top order, they are capable of rebuilding from a collapse and also launching a attack if the platform is provided from the top.

The Finishers

suresh-raina-england-odis.jpg

1414056461647_wps_1_Lancashire_Lightning

Hussey is also one of the best finishers in the world and with raina and flintoff to back him up, you can expect a lot of fireworks in the death overs. The trio of Hussey, Raina and Flintoff will ensure that the team will always end on a high. Not to forget Mitchell Johnson's hitting ability in the lower order which adds an extra dimension to the finishing ability of this team, this team will have absolutely no problems putting huge scores on board or chasing down huge scores (Although that won't be an issue in the first place with the bowling attack I've got)

The Bowlers

Opening bowlers

maxresdefault.jpg

213.jpg

Now coming to my favorite aspect about this team. The bowling attack of this team is its USP. I think I have got the best bowling attack out of all team. 

Starting off, we have Glenn McGrath and Mitchell Johnson opening the bowling. McGrath is arguably the greatest odi bowler, there is no pitch in this world where mcgrath can't take wickets, he has dominated some of the greatest batsmen in the world, not to forget his stellar World cup record. On the other end, mitchell johnson with his 150 k thunderbolts adds the x-factor in my team, if the pitch is fast and bouncy you can expect a few broken ribs. The opposition will have tough time getting off to a brisk start against these 2. 

First Change:

Image result for morne morkel bowling

Morne morkel is the first change bowler, He's tall, he's accurate, he's like a mini mcgrath, once you think that mcgrath has finished his spell, in comes morkel. There is no respite for the batsmen. 

The spinners:- 

saqlain-mushtaq-1412234156.jpg]

In saqlain mushtaq, I have arguably the best spinner of odis in the history of cricket. An average of 21 is unheard of for a spinner, the great mushtaq has even trouble the greatest players of spin bowling, a feat which even greats like murali and warne couldn't achieve. Mushtaq's accuracy and wicket taking ability makes him the perfect bowler for the middle overs. He's not only stop the run flow but also take wickets, thus giving the team the best chance to bowl out the opposition before 50 overs.

To aid Mushtaq I've also got part timers like dilshan and raina who are more than capable of providing crucial breakthroughs and breaking partnerships.

The fifth bowler:-

andrew-flintoff-bowling-for-england-duri

With an average less than 25, I don't think many fifth bowlers in the world can compete with flintoff. Flintoff with his medium pace and swing has troubled a lot of batsman during his playing days. In swinging conditions flintoff can run through the side single handedly. 

A bowling attack of McGrath, Morkel, Johnson , Saqlian, Flintoff, Dilshan/Raina will be a night mare for any team, I don't see us chasing more than 250 in any match with such a strong bowling attack, expect a lot 100 all outs for the opposition. 

All in all, I think this team will win the match on every ground in the world, because this team has players for all conditions:-

If the pitch is fast and bouncy-> De kock, Ponting, hussey,Johnson, morkel, mcgrath will lead the team to victory

If the pitch is flat:-> De kock, Ponting, Dilshan,Raina, Hussey, Root, McGrath, Flintoff will lead the team to victory

If the conditions aid swing:-> De kock Ponting, Root, McGrath, Flintoff, Morkel will lead the team to victory

If the pitch is a turner:-> Saqlain, Dilshan, Raina, Root, Hussey will ensure a victory for us.

No matter what conditions you throw at us, the invincibles will conquer you.

VS

LORD/SLICKR392 :

H.Amla-:                  [Matches/Runs- 150/6880] [Bat avg.-  50.21]   [Bat SR- 89.10] [100s/50s- 24/31]  HS- 159

S.Jayasuriya:        [Matches/Runs- 445/13430] [Bat avg.-  32.36]   [Bat SR- 91.20] [100s/50s- 28/68] HS- 189

[Matches/Wickets- 445/323] [Bowl avg.-36.75]   [4w/5w- 8/4] BBI- 6/29

S.Smith:                  [Matches/Runs- 95/3101] [Bat avg.-  43.67]   [Bat SR- 87.72] [100s/50s- 8/16] HS- 165

[Matches/Wickets- 95/27] [Bowl avg.-34.48]  BBI- 3/16

MS.Dhoni (c/wk): [Matches/Runs- 286/9275] [Bat avg.-  50.96]   [Bat SR- 88.98] [100s/50s- 10/61] HS- 183*

(CT/ST- 269/94)

A.Symonds:           [Matches/Runs- 198/5088] [Bat avg.- 39.75]   [Bat SR- 92.44] [100s/50s- 6/30] HS- 156

[Matches/Wickets- 198/133] [Bowl avg.-37.25]   [4w/5w- 2/1] BBI- 5/18

Sir I.Botham:       [Matches/Runs- 116/2113] [Bat avg.-  23.21]   [Bat SR- 79.10] [50s- 9] HS- 79

[Matches/Wickets- 116/145] [Bowl avg.- 28.54]   [4w- 3] BBI- 4/31

S.Afridi:                 [Matches/Runs- 398/9064] [Bat avg.-  23.57]   [Bat SR- 117.00] [100s/50s- 6/39] HS- 124

[Matches/Wickets- 398/395] [Bowl avg.-34.51]   [4w/5w- 8/4] BBI- 6/29

B.Lee:                    [Matches/Wickets- 221/380] [Bowl avg.-32.36]   [4w/5w- 14/9] BBI- 5/22

S.Narine:             [Matches/Wickets- 65/92] [Bowl avg.-26.46]   [4w/5w- 4/2] BBI- 6/27

Z.Khan:                [Matches/Wickets- 200/282] [Bowl avg.-29.43]   [4w/5w- 7/1] BBI- 5/42

Sir C.Ambrose:  [Matches/Wickets- 176/225] [Bowl avg.-24.12]   [4w/5w- 6/4] BBI- 5/17

As part of the ICF ODI Cricket draft, this is the voting for Match 3.Vote for the team you consider the best equipped to win a face of at Lord's .

The voting will close on Sunday .

Also vote for Match 3 here:

Edited by BeautifulGame

Kira

Bowling : Lord /Slikr has 3 wonderful bowlers in Ambrose  Lee n Botham. However, zaheer and narine although solid are not the greatest. got good spin back up in jaya and afridi, but don;t think the will be be much effective in LORDS.

Kira has a loaded pace line up of Mcgrath (goat) johnson and morkel. More over he has Flintoff as a fourth bowler which is terrific as he is also playing at home. Saqlain mushtaq is an atg in ODI spin department and completes a perfect bowling unit. 

Winner: KIRA

Batting :  Kira has ponting and huss how ever the lower middle order looks a bit soft. Also not sure of the effectiveness of dilshan in these conditions. SLikr has a very good finisher in DHoni (at his prime) and  modern greats in hashim amla and smith. Symonds and bothar are good lower order batsmen to have. Tight but ..

winner : SLIKR / LORD

Fielding: This is an area where Kira's team pulls ahead. Dilshan, Huss, ROot, Raina, Ponting are all star fielders, not to forget Flintoff.

couple of not so good fielders in saqlian and Mcgrath.

Lord/slikr has couple of great fielders in symonds ,smith but the others are solid to average and there are very poor fielders liek Narine, zaheer and ambrose  .

winner: KIRA

Overall went ot Kira because the bowling lineup for the condition  looks far more complete in pace department and an excellent spin bowler.

Edited by OpeningBatsman

Oh no, Dharam Sankat with Dhoni playing :giggle: I hope people dont bash me for this...

• Batting - (Lord 17> 16 Kira)
    • Top Order (Lord 9 = 9 Kira)- Top 3 are equally balanced for both the teams. Cannot choose one over the other. Ponting, Jayasurya are legends. Smith,Amla,QDK are equally great in modern game. Dilshan might be a weak link but than still he is good enough in ODI. 50-50 verdict for both sides.
    • Middle Order (Lord 8/10 > 7/10 Kira) - Symonds,Dhoni,Botham,Afridi is in IMO stronger than Root,Hussey,Raina,Flintoff. Best Finisher & More firepower in Lord's team. I love Flintoff, but cannot pick him over the greatest allrounder of England ever(Botham) even though I have seen very little of him. Root is a weaklink for me in ODIs. 

• Bowling - (Lord 15 > 14.5 Kira)
    • Fast bowlers(Kira 8/10 > Lord 7/10) - Mcgrath, Johnson, Morne Morkel  vs Lee, Ambrose, Zaheer. Mcgrath is definetely an ODI legend. He will surely cause trouble at top. However, Johnson and Morkel are average in ODIs. Lee, Ambrose & Zaheer are not as good as Mcgrath but way better than Johnson and Morkel. Mcgrath > all others, but Mcgrath,Johnson,Morkel will be almost equal to Lee, Ambrose and Zaheer. But even than, I will give 1 point extra to Kira for one bowler who will trouble all great batsman on his day and also because this is being played at Lords and not in a patta wicket in subcontinent. Again, I have seen Flintoff and love him, but with whatever is available of Botham on net, it is safe to assume both are kind of similar in all departments. 
    • Spinners (Lord 8/10 >> Kira 6.5/10) - Kira has a better spinner in Saqlain than Narine. But than, Lord has services of Afridi and Jayasurya who can be bowled for 10 overs of their own in most of the conditions. Together, Narine, Afridi,Jayasurya >> Saqlain. So Lord gets more points for spinners especially with the variety of offspin,legspin,leftarm . I consider Raina/Dilshan(Kira's team) and Symonds(Lord's team) as part timers which will not be of much help here and would not influence the outcome of the game. Lord has better bowling options with respect to 5/6th bowler.

• Fielding - (Kira 8 > 7 Lord)
    • Nothing much to say or prove here. Kira wins it easily in this department with Ponting, Dilshan, Root & Raina. Both teams have some poor fielders though with Morkel, Saqqi, Mcgrath for Kira and Narine, Khan, Ambrose in Lord. I am sure we will see some misfields on the boundaries and lots of 2s and 3s being taken due to these slow fielders.:giggle: But Kira above Lord in this dept based on those top fielders.

• Captaincy - Ponting and Dhoni can be considered equal in ODIs. I will put more emphasis on this criteria only if there is huge difference between the two. Here I feel Ponting can be considered better but Dhoni is no mug in ODIs and can hold his own against anyone in this world. So this will not affect the outcome of the game much.

Overall - Lord/Slickr wins by a close margin. 

Edited by Shunya