RPSG *must* continue in IPL

Texan

having 9 teams is bit odd ..

hoping for 10 teams .. 

with 8 teams , many of the potential players are not tested ..

dont mind 12 teams divided into 2 groups as well , but quality of the teams will go down ..

All the players will go back into the auction to the best of my knowledge. None of these teams will exist as they are now from next IPL. So dont understand how it would be gross injustice to the team as there wont be the same team anyway. If Goenkas want the team to continue, they should likely bid to have a team because their contract is over by this IPL (again I'm not an IPL expert, so correct me if I'm wrong).

2 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I say let both Pune & Gujarat continue along with re-instating Chennai & Rajasthan, and extend IPL by another 3 weeks :agree: 

There is no need to extend either. Weekdays can have 2 matches too just like weekends and can fit in existing schedule.

10 teams would be ideal with more matches packed into existing schedule. Some of the contract wording may have to be rewritten considering players would have to play more matches, but don't see any major issues.

1 minute ago, I6MTW said:

question is will Pune come back next year? Obviously fresh bidding will occur, if at all Pune comes it wont be RPSG but rather a diff Pune franchise team.

No csk and rr will be back 

He can try to buy rr 

4 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

All the players will go back into the auction to the best of my knowledge. None of these teams will exist as they are now from next IPL. So dont understand how it would be gross injustice to the team as there wont be the same team anyway. If Goenkas want the team to continue, they should likely bid to have a team because their contract is over by this IPL (again I'm not an IPL expert, so correct me if I'm wrong).

They can retain 2 players and buy few from auction if they come back next year. The essence of the team will be maintained.

2 minutes ago, Texan said:

There is no need to extend either. Weekdays can have 2 matches too just like weekends and can fit in existing schedule.

Too many games in the same window for the players leading to increased risk of injuries. Need more gap else you will see injuries pile up.

5 minutes ago, Texan said:

10 teams would be ideal with more matches packed into existing schedule. Some of the contract wording may have to be rewritten considering players would have to play more matches, but don't see any major issues.

It would mean 90+ games within 2 months. It would be overkill and cause fatigue for cricketers and audience as well. 90+ in 3 months sounds more reasonable.

I dont think they have decided to expand beyond 8 teams for next IPL. They may invite bids for 2 more teams for 2019.

6 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

It would mean 90+ games within 2 months. It would be overkill and cause fatigue for cricketers and audience as well. 90+ in 3 months sounds more reasonable.

I dont think they have decided to expand beyond 8 teams for next IPL. They may invite bids for 2 more teams for 2019.

3 months is going to eat up a lot of the international schedule and will also result in a very long tournament. Its not like currently, we are seeing too many games. Every weekend, we have 2 games every day (I think Fri, Sat, Sun). The same can just be extended to all the other days.

If 10 team ipl accommodation is not possible then they should have a two tier league promotion relagation system. It will save the workload of players and the hectic schedule would reduce. Since Pune did well they will play ipl tier 1 and rcb and gl will play tier 2. This will accommodate csk and rr and will stick to the 8 team ipl in tier 1. Tier 2 can consist of two worst ipl teams and remaining small city franchises which nobody cares about.

1 hour ago, Texan said:

3 months is going to eat up a lot of the international schedule and will also result in a very long tournament. Its not like currently, we are seeing too many games. Every weekend, we have 2 games every day (I think Fri, Sat, Sun). The same can just be extended to all the other days.

1 more month wont eat up too much into international calendar because 90 games is too much cricket within 2 months. BCCI should look to reduce bilateral ODIs and T20s as much as possible and give more importance to test cricket and World Cup and World T20, then you will have enough time for a 3 month IPL. 

Edited by kubrickian