Any practice matches for India before CT?

I see that almost all countries are playing practice matches in England either against county sides or against each other. When is India flying to England and are any practice matches scheduled before the CT kicks off? Ideally i would like India to play a couple of practice matches so they get in the groove for odis. Playing odi matches in CT straight after playing T20s and no practice matches may not augur well for the team.

57 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

We should've played one against a tougher opposition IMO. Somebody like Eng, Aus or SA which has better pacers and batting lineup.

Don't know how this thing is scheduled but they are live on star sports :Giggity: hope umpire  gives 50/50 decision our way like he did last time... Bang bros drama will be fun

Edited by Viper
1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

I will legitimately be shocked if this team reaches the final with players like Rahane. I can guarantee you that in whichever match he gets to play, we will lose that. Take it in writing. Most manhoos player in ODIs/T20s.

I get a similar feeling that we are in for a major overhaul after this tourney :sad: 

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

We should've played one against a tougher opposition IMO. Somebody like Eng, Aus or SA which has better pacers and batting lineup.

Eng and SA having 3 ODI series so they don't take part in Warm Up

Warm-up matches

26 May – Australia v Sri Lanka, The Oval

27 May – Bangladesh v Pakistan, Edgbaston

28 May – India v New Zealand, The Oval

29 May – Australia v Pakistan, Edgbaston

30 May – New Zealand v Sri Lanka, Edgbaston

30 May – Bangladesh vs India, The Oval

5 minutes ago, StriKe said:

Eng and SA having 3 ODI series so they don't take part in Warm Up

Warm-up matches

26 May – Australia v Sri Lanka, The Oval

27 May – Bangladesh v Pakistan, Edgbaston

28 May – India v New Zealand, The Oval

29 May – Australia v Pakistan, Edgbaston

30 May – New Zealand v Sri Lanka, Edgbaston

30 May – Bangladesh vs India, The Oval

The match against B'desh should tell us the team that will play in the CT opener. Can't see the management making any changes after the final warmup game.

22 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

I will legitimately be shocked if this team reaches the final with players like Rahane. I can guarantee you that in whichever match he gets to play, we will lose that. Take it in writing. Most manhoos player in ODIs/T20s.

Rahane is not a bad batsman to have in ODIs in foreign conditions. He is like a white man in a Indian man's body, plays well against fast bowling on hard wickets and poorly against spin on slower wickets. 

Just now, kubrickian said:

Rahane is not a bad batsman to have in ODIs in foreign conditions. He is like a white man in a Indian man's body, plays well against fast bowling on hard wickets and poorly against spin on slower wickets. 

I am afraid your white man averages 31 away from home and 38 in England and that is mediocre even by padosi standards, i dont have anything against him personally, but its difficult to see him nudging and nicking, scratching around, shifting the momentum in the oppositions favour, slow passive death, have also cost us an ICC T20 in the past with this batting, and for fcuk's sake there is no dearth of talented batters in the country, there has to be an end to this lobbying.                                   

4 hours ago, kubrickian said:

Rahane is shyte in shorter formats. He starts off slowly and despite getting set never scores at a brisk pace. Plus he seldom makes a big score. Rahane's as mediocre as they come in shorter formats and for a team like India which has plenty of options, he shouldn't be in any short format squad.

21 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Rahane is shyte in shorter formats. He starts off slowly and despite getting set never scores at a brisk pace. Plus he seldom makes a big score. Rahane's as mediocre as they come in shorter formats and for a team like India which has plenty of options, he shouldn't be in any short format squad.

That's only in India and BD. Averages 40 in Aus and Eng with Strike rate above 80. Played a blinder of an innings against SA in World Cup.