Who is Robin Singh in Samuels tapes?

shailesh

rediff.com The name of one Robin Singh has figured in the conversations between West Indies cricketer Marlon Samuels and alleged bookie Mukesh Kochar and police are trying to figure out whether he is the former India player. "We would have to examine if he is the cricketer Robin Singh hailing from West Indies who had played for India. The Nagpur Police Commissioner is inquiring into the matter. Don't hype it so much," Maharashtra DGP P S Pasricha said. Apart from Robin Singh, "no name of any Indian cricketer has come up so far", he added.

Re: Who is Robin Singh in Samuels tapes?

i think' date=' they mentioned they were not sure if he said robin singh or robinson.... i am positive, it is not our robin...[/quote'] Today the whole transcript is out in Hindustan Times. And after reading that you wonder whether a moutain is made out of a mole-hill!! I'm certainly not interested in the matter anymore.

Re: Who is Robin Singh in Samuels tapes? Who is the Robin Singh in Samuel tapes? POLICE ARE trying to figure out just who Robin Singh --- or Robinson --- whose name had cropped up in the Samuels tapes, is. Director General of Police PS Pasricha told HT Samuel was heard asking Kochar: "Talking to Robin Singh?" Kochar replied, "Robin Singh? Yes." He said apart from these two sentences, there was no refer ence to Singh in the conversation. Asked whether the 'Robin Singh' in question was the West Indiesborn Indian allrounder, Pasricha said: "I too don't know who this Robin Singh is. Our investigations are still on. It will not be fair to jump the gun at this point of time." Robin Singh himself told Hindustan Times that he was not aware of his name figuring in the scandal. "I have just returned from Cuba this morning," Robin said. "I am not aware of what match-fixing you are talking about, and came to know about it only from you now," he said shortly before boarding the flight from Mumbai to Chennai. Singh, out of curiosity, asked which cricketer was involved in the fixing scandal. When said that Samuels' name has cropped up, he asked, "Is anyone else is involved." Singh said he was sent to Cuba by the Sports Ministry "to look at the basic infrastructure for cricket". "I did a thorough survey," he said. POLICE ARE trying to figure out just who Robin Singh --- or Robinson --- whose name had cropped up in the Samuels tapes, is. Director General of Police PS Pasricha told HT Samuel was heard asking Kochar: "Talking to Robin Singh?" Kochar replied, "Robin Singh? Yes." He said apart from these two sentences, there was no refer- ence to Singh in the conversation. Asked whether the 'Robin Singh' in question was the West Indies- born Indian all- rounder, Pasricha said: "I too don't know who this Robin Singh is. Our investiga- tions are still on. It will not be fair to jump the gun at this point of time." Robin Singh himself told Hin- dustan Times that he was not aware of his name figur- ing in the scandal. "I have just re- turned from Cuba this morning," Robin said. "I am not aware of what match-fixing you are talking about, and came to know about it only from you now," he said shortly before boarding the flight from Mumbai to Chennai. Singh, out of curiosity, asked which cricketer was involved in the fixing scandal. When said that Samuels' name has cropped up, he asked, "Is anyone else is involved." Singh said he was sent to Cuba by the Sports Ministry "to look at the basic infrastructure for cricket". "I did a thorough survey," he said. ---------------------------------------------------- You just cannot lay any accusation against this man!

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Who is Robin Singh in Samuels tapes? but why would an avuncular uncle who has already been nabbed once for match fixing and let go after police's inability to find definitive evidence be talking to samuels about batting order bowling order etc.........

Re: Who is Robin Singh in Samuels tapes? And if you people are more interested, then: WIRE STRAITS 7 YEARS AFTER CRONJE-GATE, ALARM BELLS RING AGAIN In an echo of the first fixing scandal, Samuels was also caught discussing team strategy of a Nagpur ODI with a bookie. HT compares the two transcripts. Original sin It was a Nagpur ODI that Cronje was caught discussing with a bookie The joint commissioner (crime) KK Paul and Pradeep Srivastava (DC, crime), addressed a press conference, disclosing the sensational revelations which involved Hansie Cronje and four other players in match-fixing. They also released certain portions of the taped conversations between Cronje and bookie Sanjay Chawla during South Africa's visit to India in March 1999-2000. Following are the excerpts from the transcripts of those police recordings: THE NAGPUR ODI MARCH 19, 2000 Hansie: I will give them (India) some runs. It is a small ground and it is a quick outfield so they must get 280 or 290. Sanjay: What is the minimum they should score? Hansie: 250. Sanjay: If it is 249 it is off. Hansie: Yeah. Sanjay: Okay, can we make it 240 or can we make it 250. Hansie: Yeah, 250. Sanjay: And if you bat first? Hansie: Then we will try and get not more than 245 to 255 because it is a fast outfield and very small ground. Sanjay: Suppose it goes more than that, what's the target we should stand by you? Hansie: 270. Sanjay: Okay, if it touches 270, then it is off. The Nagpur game, which the conversation allegedly referred to, played out as follows: South Africa, at 220 for five with eight overs to spare, were seemingly headed towards the 270-run mark to close their innings. Then Lance Klusener, who reportedly had an inkling of the deal but was absolutely opposed to it, went wild. He smashed the Indian bowling and the South Africans added close to a hundred runs in the last eight overs. South Africa finished at 320 for seven. Cronje's alleged forecast of the game did not obviously take into account Klusener's bullishness. The conversation continued? Sanjay: Who will bowl the first overs (for South Africa)? Hansie: Crookes and Williams. Sanjay: Who would bowl first change? Hansie: Klusener? Don't worry, we will be bowling with non-regular bowlers. In this game, breaking from tradition, the South African bowling opened with Derek Crookes' off-spin and an injured Henry Williams' medium pace. Williams, however, was taken off due to injury in only his second over of the innings, and did not take any further part in the game. Klusener came on to bowl first change. Towards the end of their conversation, Sanjay asked Cronje angrily about the match played in Kochi: "Why did you score as many as 300 runs? Did you expect India to chase that many?" South Africa, batting first, had scored 301, thereby making the run-chase stiffer for India. Sanjay had apparently betted on India winning the game, hence his agitation. In the end, India did manage a close win, with only two bowls to spare. Result: South Africa won the Nagpur match by 10 runs, but India won the series 3-2. In this game, breaking from tradition, the South African bowling opened with Derek Crookes' off-spin and an injured Henry Williams' medium pace. Williams, however, was taken off due to injury in only his second over of the innings, and did not take any further part in the game. Klusener came on to bowl first change. Towards the end of their conversation, Sanjay asked Cronje angrily about the match played in Kochi: "Why did you score as many as 300 runs? Did you expect India to chase that many?" South Africa, batting first, had scored 301, thereby making the run-chase stiffer for India. Sanjay had apparently betted on India winning the game, hence his agitation. In the end, India did manage a close win, with only two bowls to spare. Result: South Africa won the Nagpur match by 10 runs, but India won the series 3-2.

Re: Who is Robin Singh in Samuels tapes? Sinned against? And it was in Nagpur that Samuels gave out information to a bookie Transcripts of the talk with Marlon Samuels. Spellings of player names uncertain. We have used the spellings and language from the police transcript without corrections. Bookie: Connect to 206 Reception: 206, sir? Bookie: Yes 206: Hello, room No. 206, Marlon Bookie: Hello, how r u Marlon? 206: Sir (not clear) Bookie: Just relax, buddy 206: Just relax Bookie: So how are things with you and how is the preparation? 206: Preparation is good enough Bookie: Well, wish you all the best 206: Thanks Bookie: You play well? 206: (Not clear) Talking to Rabinson (possibly Ramadin) Bookie: Robinson? Yes? 206: Yes, our fielding well? Bookie: Yeah, good that's high-scoring game 206: Early in the morning? Batting? move around the pitch? Bookie: and in the evening lower down? Bookie: What you think that, who will bat? 206: Well? Bookie: Who, who? 206: Dwayne (not clear) He's is making a debut tomorrow? Bookie: New batsman, bowlers? 206: All-rounder? Bookie: He is a good player? 206: Making debut? Bookie: He is seamer or spinner? 206: Seamer Bookie: He is a seamer, who will start bowling tomorrow Bookie: Ya, I can understand that CSRIS (possibly Chris Gayle) is in form? 206: (Not clear)? Bookie: And how is your bat ting going on? 206: My batting is good? Bookie: Big? a? tall score tomorrow 206: (Not clear) 206: (not clear) Bookie: When do you get down to bowl? 206: (Not clear) Bookie: Which over you will be bowling? 206: Normally after 17th or 18th over. Bookie: Tail (possibly Jerome Taylor) and Bradshaw will open. You will be as the third bowler? 206: Jerome Taylor, Chris Gayle will be 4th and 5th bowling. Bookie: You have got a nice allround team now. Bookie: As a first match, I want you to play well confident and don't hurry up, don't give the catches, play well consolidate, your position as well as possible if even if you can want couple of balls, it doesn't matter, don't get run out.. don't get excited, have a strong position. 206: (Not clear) Bookie: I am going to be in touch with you. 206: Most welcome. Bookie: Whenever you come back to Bombay? Most probably may be I will come there for one or two days. 206: I want to stay there for couple of days. Bookie: Yeah, after (not clear). 206: Yeah.

Bookie: As a first match, I want you to play well confident and don't hurry up, don't give the catches, play well consolidate, your position as well as possible if even if you can want couple of balls, it doesn't matter, don't get run out.. don't get excited, have a strong position.
this sounds little unusual to me..wonder if some hidden code being used.. :shrug:

Bookie: As a first match' date=' I want you to play well confident and don't hurry up, don't give the catches, play well consolidate, your position as well as possible if even if you can want couple of balls, it doesn't matter, don't get run out.. don't get excited, have a strong position. [/quote'] this sounds little unusual to me..wonder if some hidden code being used.. :shrug:
dont lose ur place in the team

Now the cops drop the case?? WTF.
Did they? That's a bit fishy. Probably on directions from BCCI, WICB and the rest. Not a good advertisement prior to the WC. I thought Lara bowling every time winning the toss was dodgy. Also the drop catches against Tendulkar were quite dodgy too. If Cronje did it, I wouldn't be surprised if Lara is in it too.