BCCI invites fresh application of Indian cricket team coach

Anil Kumble could be in big trouble over ICC Champions Trophy. This is why

As some top Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) officials mull a boycott of the ICC Champions Trophy over its tussle with the world body, coach Anil Kumble has come under fire from officials for supporting India’s participation.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/anil-kumble-could-be-in-big-trouble-over-icc-champions-trophy-this-is-why/story-D39SVkCQCzqqCEA30JXtpK.html

It was expected after this. BCCI as an organisation doesn't appreciate people going against it. 

He also asked for a big raise for himself ( he is already the highest paid coach) along with coaching staff.( including Sridhar:facepalm:-for what.slip fielding?)

Kohli has asked for a big increase in grade I fees....i.e his grade....using pujara ( again:facepalm:) as an example.Not for the entire team

Both kumble and kohli have taken care of their monetary interest .

Edited by beetle
1 minute ago, beetle said:

He also asked for a big raise for himself ( he is already the highest paid coach) along with coaching staff.

Kohli has asked for a big increase in grade I fees....i.e his grade....using pujara ( again:facepalm:) as an example.Not for the entire team

And who do you think that brings crowds to the stadiums? Bhuvaneshwar Kumar? LOL

29 minutes ago, beetle said:

He also asked for a big raise for himself ( he is already the highest paid coach) along with coaching staff.( including Sridhar:facepalm:-for what.slip fielding?)

They want 1.5 times raise in every International players appearing in loss making test Cricket arena but support openly ICC Manohar to halve BCCI pay.

He is being too unrealistic

22 minutes ago, someone said:

Not sure why they deserve additional money. Today, most industries are sluggish so doesn't sport or in this case cricket suffer the same reality?

Big foot of Indian origin Coach was sole and only reason, I had doubts at his appointment despite his credentials as being best. They cant do cant walk without stepping on someone else foot.   CT participation, CT Team selection, BCCI ICC CoA mess, Kumble has a say in everything.

27 minutes ago, mishra said:

Big foot of Indian origin Coach was sole and only reason, I had doubts at his appointment despite his credentials as being best. They cant do cant walk without stepping on someone else foot.   CT participation, CT Team selection, BCCI ICC CoA mess, Kumble has a say in everything.

Apparently he wants head coach to be part of selection commitee too.

40 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Ridiculous from BCCI. On expected lines too. Throwing baby out with the bathwater is a known recipe to endear yourself with the crowd. Not.

I say this as a known skeptic of Kumble's persistent itch to be seen as a 'leader'.

Let's start with the basics. Here's what we know about BCCI's revenue and it's expenditures. For every rupee it earns, BCCI spends 26 paise on paying the players, and the rest are allocated for administrative expenditure plus the largesse to state associations. There is NO breakdown on how the state associations spend this annual windfall.

So here is the question to CoA, ostentatiously appointed to account for the money trail. Why's there no accounting for this blackhole? I just read an article by Amrit Mathur on how Ranji players are paid only for matches they actually play, there being no semblance of seasonal contract. Where the fwuck does the money go, is there a rabbit hole nobody wants to dive in? Virat kohli and Co are easy target, how about an audit on the state associations? 

CoA had an opportunity to actually bring about some clarity here but they had to go for the glory shot.

Let's be honest. We all know where the money actually ends up. Why do you think politicians like Sharad Pawar & Anurag Thakur, or businessmen like Srinivasan & Lalit Modi wanted to get involved with BCCI and Indian cricket? It surely wasn't for their "love" for the game :giggle: 

Truth is Indian cricket is a unregulated cash cow which these politicians and businessmen use to pocket or make more money for themselves, their friends and cronies. If all the money that Indian cricket generates is actually put back into players and cricketing infrastructure, Indian cricket would be similar to MLB or NFL, and would be untouchable. We wouldn't still be waiting to break our series duck in Aus or SA.

kumble has been remarkable till now. With ashwin jadeja n now kuldeep its important kumble stick around

The way he made everyone in system work toghter is brilliant. 

Inculding likes of thampi, nathu, aniket in camp was a move which has never or rarely seen before. 

U can get fleming moody whatmore n all they all do decent job as its a good team in itself. But kumble cares about how cricket runs overall in country.....thode guys wnt care much about domestic structure and functioning of all toghter

Dont let kumble go for next few yrs.