Pick your CT2017 winner

Your pick for CT 2017 winner  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Your pick for CT 2017 winner

Simple who do you think is going to win it. Pretty tough to predict in a knockout tournament. Is India going to retain its title and show big tournament pedigree. Or is it going to be Aussies who are the in form team and also big stage performer. Or is it going to be finally the time for SA. I am going to stick my neck out and pick England - they are good at home and this team is quite good. 

Edited by laaloo

It's Pakistan.....This time India has no chance. Weak on paper. Tired bunch of guys due to IPL. Lots of out of form players like Dhawan, Dhoni, Yuvi, Shami, Rahane, Rohit. Only chance in group stage for IND to beat SL only. Mark my words.

6 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

You told why India has no chance but what are reasons that make Pakistan favourites

Pakistan is always good in bouncy conditions. We got the best pace attack. 

My rankings from top to bottom for the top 4 contenders would be...

1. Aus - Always a safe bet for a tourney and have the batting striking power along with a pretty good bowling attack.

2. Eng - Have a terrific batting lineup but has a comparatively weaker bowling attack but overall one of the best teams going around in shorter formats.

3. Ind - Have the big tournament pedigree and generally have done well in crunch situations over the last decade. But the batting isn't as reliable as it used to and for a change the bowling unit will need to bail out the batting.

4. SA - As usual have the players to win the tourney but somehow they can't get it together when it really matters. Don't think they will get past the top 3 in a knockout game.

Just now, Ultimate_Game said:

For a change it's the batting that's iffy :sad:  If our batsmen show up I expect our bowlers to win the tourney but that's a big 'If'.

I'm worried about late hitting and the openers. They looked on and off in the IPL. Hopefully the cant get rid of their rust in the warm up matches.

Just now, laaloo said:

I'm worried about late hitting and the openers. They looked on and off in the IPL. Hopefully the cant get rid of their rust in the warm up matches.

I hope so too. If the top order of Dhawan, Rohit and Kohli fires, we can get away with lack of batting firepower at the death coz these 3 can score big hundreds and take away reliance from an aged middle order. That's why I wanted to have Pant in the team and use him as an opener so he could give us quick starts that takes away the pressure from the middle and lower order.

We need Kohli to fire in CT. If he fires followed by some runs here and there by our remaining batsmen we will have set a good total or be able to chase a good total. Our bowling will concede less no of runs this time.

Just now, I6MTW said:

We need Kohli to fire in CT. If he fires followed by some runs here and there by our remaining batsmen we will have set a good total or be able to chase a good total. Our bowling will concede less no of runs this time.

I'm banking on Dhawan as well. The guy somehow always shows up for big tourneys. He does nothing in bi-laterals but turns out to be a beast in ICC tourneys - sort of anti-Rohit.

If Dhawan can fire at the top along with Kohli and Rohit for once shows up consistently in an ICC tourney, we should be fine :pray: 

1 hour ago, Lala said:

It's Pakistan.....This time India has no chance. Weak on paper. Tired bunch of guys due to IPL. Lots of out of form players like Dhawan, Dhoni, Yuvi, Shami, Rahane, Rohit. Only chance in group stage for IND to beat SL only. Mark my words.

In 2013 also we came from IPL and defeated Pak and that team had misbah n ajmal

And our players dnt weight 91kgs that they get tired easily 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03