What should be our bowling attack for June 4th against Pakistan ?

Our bowling attack (including Shami and Bumrah) should we go with?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Our bowling attack (including Shami and Bumrah) should we go with?

• Bhuvi , Ashwin and Jadeja
    • Bhuvi ,Pandy and Jadeja
    • Bhuvi , Pandya and Ashwin
    • Pandya , Ashwin and Jadeja

Shami and Bumrah are pretty much certainties .

Can't see Yadav being anything other than back up bowler in English conditions and more importantly in odi format.

So for the rest we have three options.

1) Go with a 5 man bowling attack which won us the champions trophy last time and drop Pandya.

Shami , Bumrah , Bhuvi , Ashwin and Jadeja.

2) Play a four man pace attack with Pandya and play just one spinner.If so who should be picked between Ashwin and Jadeja ?

3) And finally the option that seems most likely at the moment .Play two spinners and Pandya as 3rd seamer and let Home open the bowling.

Which option should we go with?

My honest opinion - I don't t rate Pandya much. I know many have been mesmerized by his hitting and that in him they see finally a player who can bowl fast and bat down the order and hit, even I can see that but I still don't rate him much as I feel he lacks quality to score runs on consistent basis. Sooner or later his batting might cost us. But thats another topic.

However all that said, I think he deserves chance because he has been okayish with the ball and not bad with the bat in whatever little chance he got.

He will play I know but since thread asks our opinion of whom should we select, I picked Ashwin-Bhuvi-Jadeja.

Bhuvi, shami, bumrah, jadeja, pandya 

Bhuvi is a must against Pak for me 

Those hacks dnt move their feet well........they all play away from body and hence they have struggled against bhuvi n even irfan in past

Play bhuvi for sure against them.....

How many left handers does pakistan have ???

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

I still think pace quartet of Bhumrah Bhuvi Shami and Yadav will be deadly. Jadeja is decent enough and on another level in Odis when it comes to his bowling and he does bat well in English conditions, as shown by history. He can be the spinner/5th bowler and the hitter in place of Pandya. He did last time.

6 minutes ago, CG said:

Yadav,Bumrah,Pandya are certain to play so it's between Shami and Bhuvi.Considering Bhuvi record against Pak they may go with Bhuvi but I would prefer Shami on these pitches.

Yadav more certain than Shami? :blink:

At the moment there are only feasible options...

Option1: Bhuvi, Bumrah, Shami, Jaddu and Ashwin and no Pandya.

Option 2: Bhuvi, Bumrah, Shami, Jaddu and Pandya with no Ashwin. 

Option 1 gives us deeper bowling lineup but a weak lower order whereas option 2 lengthens the lower order but Pandya is not a reliable 5th bowler and can lose the match with the ball. Really not sure the batting provided by Pandya is enough to cover for his bowling. Plus if he leaks runs, who will cover rest of his overs?

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

At the moment there are only feasible options...

Option1: Bhuvi, Bumrah, Shami, Jaddu and Ashwin and no Pandya.

Option 2: Bhuvi, Bumrah, Shami, Jaddu and Pandya with no Ashwin. 

Option 1 gives us deeper bowling lineup but a weak lower order whereas option 2 lengthens the lower order but Pandya is not a reliable 5th bowler and can lose the match with the ball. Really not sure the batting provided by Pandya is enough to cover for his bowling. Plus if he leaks runs, who will cover rest of his overs?

I agree. I hate it but I will go with option 1. Once again people who selected Ashwin need to be fired.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah

Shami

Bhuvi

Jadeja

Pandya

Not a bad choice. This may work against Pakistan. The only reason I picked Ashwin was another spinning option in case if pace does not work. I will have Umesh over Shami.

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah

Shami

Bhuvi

Jadeja

Pandya

Risky IMO. Pandya can be taken to cleaners and is not someone who can be relied to compete his quota of 10 overs. If he gets hit around we will be in trouble as we don't have options to cover for him. Maybe somebody like Kuldeep or even Krunal Pandya would've been a better option than Ashwin :sad: