What should be our bowling attack for June 4th against Pakistan ?

Our bowling attack (including Shami and Bumrah) should we go with?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Our bowling attack (including Shami and Bumrah) should we go with?

• Bhuvi , Ashwin and Jadeja
    • Bhuvi ,Pandy and Jadeja
    • Bhuvi , Pandya and Ashwin
    • Pandya , Ashwin and Jadeja

24 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Risky IMO. Pandya can be taken to cleaners and is not someone who can be relied to compete his quota of 10 overs. If he gets hit around we will be in trouble as we don't have options to cover for him. Maybe somebody like Kuldeep or even Krunal Pandya would've been a better option than Ashwin :sad: 

If we see ODIs in England nowadays....there are lots of 320+ scores.

In such a scenario, a big hitting No.7 is needed and will add much more value to the team compared to Ashwin.

Jadhav and UV can always bowl 3 or 4 overs.

^ I don't think Pandya is as bad with the ball as youre making out. Was decent against England in the ODIs in a high scoring series Econ of 6.2 RPO better than the rest of the pacemen. Agreed he is probably not one to give us 10 overs every match, but definitely good 4th and 5th pace option.

I think Bhuvi and Bumrah should be certainties, and I would like to see Pandya for the batting depth he will bring, question mark over Shamis match fitness and whether Umesh is a better option for now, and who brings more to the team Jadeja or Ashwin... don't know why but I feel Jadeja

Edited by Sooda
hm
1 minute ago, Sooda said:

^ I don't think Pandya is as bad with the ball as youre making out. Was decent against England in the ODIs in a high scoring series Econ of 6.2 RPO better than the rest of the pacemen. Agreed he is probably not one to give us 10 overs every match, but definitely good 4th and 5th pace option.

Pandya bowled really well in the NZ ODI series too.

My reason is pandya is a bowler who needs assistance from pitch or else he can go for plenty. Almost same reason for umesh though he can pick critical wickets. Current pitches in eng are highways. Ashwin and jadeja can control run scoring in middle overs. Bhuvi bumrah can bowl Yorkers at death. Shami can pick wickets..

4 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Risky IMO. Pandya can be taken to cleaners and is not someone who can be relied to compete his quota of 10 overs. If he gets hit around we will be in trouble as we don't have options to cover for him. Maybe somebody like Kuldeep or even Krunal Pandya would've been a better option than Ashwin :sad: 

Yes Pandya at time is iffy. May not work and it is just tough to pick right combination.

1 minute ago, Vk1 said:

My reason is pandya is a bowler who needs assistance from pitch or else he can go for plenty. Almost same reason for umesh though he can pick critical wickets. Current pitches in eng are highways. Ashwin and jadeja can control run scoring in middle overs. Bhuvi bumrah can bowl Yorkers at death. Shami can pick wickets..

What about ur batting at 7......last CT jaddu saved u ........wnt happen every time 

But again shows how crucial is 7th batsman 

It will be 

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Pandya

Ashwin

Jaddu

We rarely go with 1 spinner, so Ash and Jaddu will be picked. They also have lot of experience.

We want the batting depth so need Pandya and Shami is coming back after long lay off and his run up is still not 100 % and looks a bit out of steam in 2nd spell perhaps because of lack of match practice. I doubt he will play first match.

Bhuvi, Bumrah are guaranteed picks for sharing new ball and bowling at death.

Edited by kubrickian
7 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Bumrah

Shami

Yadav

Bhuvi

Jadeja

(With Jadav and Yuvi as part-timers)

This will be a very good bowling attack but it will result in a long tail. Only Jaddu can bat a bit among the bowlers. With lot of 320+ scores these days we need a lot of batting power to chase those down.

2 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

It will be 

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Pandya

Ashwin

Jaddu

We rarely go with 1 spinner, so Ash and Jaddu will be picked. They also have lot of experience.

We want the batting depth so need Pandya and Shami is coming back after long lay off and his run up is still not 100 %. I doubt he will play first match.

Bhuvi, Bumrah are guaranteed picks for sharing new ball and bowling at death.

no way Shami will be left out

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What about ur batting at 7......last CT jaddu saved u ........wnt happen every time 

But again shows how crucial is 7th batsman 

You don't need a strong no 7 on flat pitches if your top order is good. With no swing our batters can be really good. Instead we can strengthen 5th bowler by having genuine bowler instead of all-rounder or part timers. Eng can do that with Ben Stokes and he is on his way to be a GOAT. We don't have to do it on flat pitches.  Last CT to current CT..English pitches have had a paradigm shift.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

If we see ODIs in England nowadays....there are lots of 320+ scores.

In such a scenario, a big hitting No.7 is needed and will add much more value to the team compared to Ashwin.

Jadhav and UV can always bowl 3 or 4 overs.

On pattas,you need 5 bowlers even more,specially when there is no backup

a bowler picking 1-2 with low ER will be more valuable than someone scoring 20-40 lower down but leaking runs with ball

Ashwin is experienced too and has done well in ICC CT 2013

10 minutes ago, Mosher said:

This will be a very good bowling attack but it will result in a long tail. Only Jaddu can bat a bit among the bowlers. With lot of 320+ scores these days we need a lot of batting power to chase those down.

Call me a crazy, but somehow I have this instinct that no team will be able to cross 280 against this bowling attack. Of course, we need to use Ashwin, if there's a bit of assistance for spinners. 

27 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

You don't need a strong no 7 on flat pitches if your top order is good. With no swing our batters can be really good. Instead we can strengthen 5th bowler by having genuine bowler instead of all-rounder or part timers. Eng can do that with Ben Stokes and he is on his way to be a GOAT. We don't have to do it on flat pitches.  Last CT to current CT..English pitches have had a paradigm shift.

Pandya is good enough 5th bowler......more then good enough as a bowler as ashwin n jaddu as odi batsman

Pandya will help u with saving few runs in field 

Ofcourse u need 7 batsman.....any bowling on patta needs 20-30 runs of cushion thats given by hitter

N World tournaments have pressure also- so any day any batting lineuo can crumble

Eng weather also can change n change the condition- Last Ct ball was turning but against SL due to rain the ball started moving around

Rains can also come in any time in eng and as i was writing it started drizzling 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Pandya has done nothing to deserve a spot in crucial games...right now at best he can be played in dead rubbers and bilaterals till he gets confident enough to start firing in either batting/bowling.

There is a good chance he will leave us  a 10 man team...good striker,can bowl 140k doesn't automatically translate to great performer