Star India launches Star Sports Tamil today

Following their success with Star sports Hindi and TNPL. Star sports have now launched a new sports channel exclusively in Tamil from today.

The strategic decision was based on the success of debut season of T20 tournament Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL) and the announcement of Tamil Nadu team in Pro-Kabbadi league.

The telecast rights of TNPL T20 tournament conducted by Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) is with Start Sports and the debut season of TNPL held last year happened to be a grand success in terms of viewership numbers and revenue aspects that was strongly supported by both National Brands and Native Brands.

As part of expanding the Pro-Kabbadi league franchise, Star Sports has added four new teams that includes Tamil Nadu, considered to be one among the heartlands of the game Kabbadi in India. Cricketing Legend Sachin Tendulkar acquired the Tamil Nadu Kabbadi team along with Hyderabad based business tycoon N Prasad. In addition to this Tamil Nadu team already exists in other sports leagues like Indian Super League, Indian Hockey League and Badminton Premier League.

Moreover, the addition of Tamil Nadu team in Star India’s Kabbadi franchise is likely to drive the viewership and engagement of audience actively. Similarly, TNCA is planning to face-lift TNPL event with many new aspects to attract more audience.

The channel numbers in various Dths 

Tata sky - 1516

Videocon d2h - 409

Airtel DTH - 803

Dish TV - 609

Sun direct -504

Big TV - 504

Edited by BeautifulGame

Meh.. gonna be a flop. I doubt even the Tamilians would not watch it.

Nah it will be success.Just like the Hindi version.

Hardly 20-30% people understand English fluently in India.These regional sports channels and commentaries are long overdue .

Already star has been doing Tamil commentary on cricket and ISL matches in its regional channel (Vijay super) for sometime.Has been a big success hence they have now launced a new dedicated channel.

Hopefully other major regions also get similar dedicated channels in future.France or Germany have majority of its sports channels in their language not in English.No reason we should be either .

Lol I heard the commentaries yesterday, they were so amateurish. Nothing professional, no technical cricketing terms used, commentators were casual like commentators from a celebrity cricket match.

What do u expect from star they have emade cricket commentary and preshows a comedy show.

2 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Lol I heard the commentaries yesterday, they were so amateurish. Nothing professional, no technical cricketing terms used, commentators were casual like commentators from a celebrity cricket match.

It depends on your viewpoint I suppose.

The commentary show of RJ Balaji was the most enjoyable I can remember in a long time.Proper fun.

It kinda reminded of the Radio Mirchi show they used to do 9-10 years back during IPL which was a huge hit back then.

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

It depends on your viewpoint I suppose.

The commentary show of RJ Balaji was the most enjoyable I can remember in a long time.Proper fun.

It kinda reminded of the Radio Mirchi show they used to do 9-10 years back during IPL which was a huge hit back then.

I saw the Tamil commentary of the CT 2013 Final they showed yesterday. You can see a major difference when compared to Hindi and English commentary.

Who is this laloo? They blocked me for no reason.is this a forum or a joke because literally i ddnt do nothing unethical and gave my point of view within limits.this is absolutely bullshit and crap they dont want to listen to the opposite side they have just create this to beat their own trumpet and utter crap about us.* this garbage forum and garbage indian posters who want establish their monopoly on this crap liltle "forum".

PAKISTANIs in whichever little number you lare move out of this crap "forum" which has not a single quality of a forum. .

And the funny things is 4th june hasnt even arrived yet.

Edited by ImtiazDangraj
37 minutes ago, ImtiazDangraj said:

Who is this laloo? They blocked me for no reason.is this a forum or a joke because literally i ddnt do nothing unethical and gave my point of view within limits.this is absolutely bullshit and crap they dont want to listen to the opposite side they have just create this to beat their own trumpet and utter crap about us.* this garbage forum and garbage indian posters who want establish their monopoly on this crap liltle "forum".

PAKISTANIs in whichever little number you lare move out of this crap "forum" which has not a single quality of a forum. .

And the funny things is 4th june hasnt even arrived yet.

Welcome back :agree: