Dhoni's Batting Position

Where do you want to see dhoni bat. 

At no 4 : Yuvraj will have to bat at no 5. And there might be occasions where he needs to slog from ball one. Yuvraj is struggling to time nowadays. Also Kedar at 6 will be a bit wasted. Because I think he is a busy player and more suited for no 4 or at Max 5.

At no 5 :  Yuvraj will bat at 4. Dhoni at 5. Seems comparatively better. But again Kedar at 6 will be wasted and also how much can you trust dhoni to slog from ball  one. No 5 is the most crucial position in my opinion and batsman at this position can make or break matches.

At no 6 :  Want him to bat at this position. One of Yuvraj or dhoni should bat at this position i.e if yuvraj at 4 , dhoni at 6; if dhoni at 4, Yuvraj at 6 and depending on situation send even Pandya if playing ahead of the one at 6.

Discuss.

Edited by Pollack

It would be interesting as an experiment if Dhoni bats at 3 and Kohli at 4. This would solidify the middle order and give Dhoni the chance to bat through 50 overs - of course, the main argument against this unorthodox idea is that Kohli's record at 3 is immense.

46 minutes ago, Vijy said:

It would be interesting as an experiment if Dhoni bats at 3 and Kohli at 4. This would solidify the middle order and give Dhoni the chance to bat through 50 overs - of course, the main argument against this unorthodox idea is that Kohli's record at 3 is immense.

VirRat 3

Dhoni 4

Kedar 5

Pandya 6

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

this is probably a more logical choice, but it would be interesting to contemplate 3 and 4 being reversed.

Well dhoni has amazing numbers at 3 but still shouldn't move that guy to 4... Dhoni tried before didn't work... So kohli back at 3