Pick one for ODI's: Amla or Kohli

On 2017-5-30 at 5:44 PM, Zoranovic said:

Two brilliant talents but it's Amla for mine. The guy is a freak. Broke Kohli's first to 7000 runs by 11 innings overnight.

No doubt Kohli has played some mighty innings over the years however for consistency, impact and leadership, I'd take Amla over Kohli in my ODI team.

What does everyone else think?

You serious brother ? 

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

You serious brother ? 

Yes, in many games Amla has destroyed teams opening the batting. Had a patch where he was averaging a century every 3-4 innings. Against the new ball, he has had a higher impact than what Kohli has imo.

Both great players but Amla slightly ahead

4 hours ago, Zoranovic said:

Yes, in many games Amla has destroyed teams opening the batting. Had a patch where he was averaging a century every 3-4 innings. Against the new ball, he has had a higher impact than what Kohli has imo.

Both great players but Amla slightly ahead

Which are these matches where Amla destroyed an attack ? Impact innings are not just about strike rates . The opposition , match situation etc matters a lot more . Cant think of one innings where hes bailed his team out of a difficult situation . Hes modern day accumulator , nothing beyond that . His role has always been of playing a supporting role , which again he fails when the required rate is high . Can you see him being of any use other than in the opening position ? isnt that cos of his limitations as a batsmen ? 

Virat has won a dozen more matches some single handedly . its a poor comparison . 

On 5/30/2017 at 5:57 PM, Zoranovic said:

Smith and Root are not in the same stratosphere as Amla in ODI cricket 

Amla has the suprior record.

I was reading this morning that Kohli has been troubled by a young English net bowler called Albinose Appleyard(pictured) in warm ups; some 4th Grade Flogshire plodder. I don't like Kohli's chances against a seaming ball

20170530_213545.jpg

Smith's show in QF-SF-F in CWC 2015 alone triumphs anything Amla has done in his entire career(test+ODI+T20)

On 5/31/2017 at 6:49 AM, Zoranovic said:

A lot of posters ignoring Amla has surpassed Kohli's record of fastest 5000, 6000 and 7000 ODI runs.

Amla is fast catching up to Bevan as the greatest ODI player of all time

I know this is just a troll thread, started by the previously banned troll posters from down under but let's make one thing very CLEAR: SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR is the greatest ODI player of all time, if there is anyone who can challenge tendulkar for this title then it is SIR VIVIAN RICHARDS, apart from these two players no one is even close to even enter into the debate for greatest odi player of all time

3 minutes ago, kira said:

I know this is just a troll thread, started by the previously banned troll posters from down under but let's make one thing very CLEAR: SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR is the greatest ODI player of all time, if there is anyone who can challenge tendulkar for this title then it is SIR VIVIAN RICHARDS, apart from these two players no one is even close to even enter into the debate for greatest odi player of all time

You clearly forget the way Bevan transformed cricket in the 1990's. Averaged well over 50 and won many games single handedly. This was in an era when no one averaged over 45

Sachin played a heap of games - played four years too long. Of course if you play so many games you are bound to havea few good innings.

There's little doubt that Bevan is the ODI GOAT

26 minutes ago, Zoranovic said:

A magnificent 103 to Amla in a pressure situation. 

Over to Kohli now to prove he is at Amla's level against the mighty Pakistan 

Come on sir , pressure ? SA would have posted close to 300 or may be more had he got oit for a 0 . That's why I call him a zero impact player . It doesn't not matter to SA he scores or not .