India players reportedly 'intimidated' by coach Kumble

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Captain is the king in Indian set up .If Kohli isn't happy with Kumble it's either Kumble amends his ways of we part ways with  him.Doeant matter who is right.Find a coach Kohli is comfortable with.

No one wants another Ganguly -Chapell saga again.

No Greg chappell was a terrible human being who tried to create rifts in the team and pissed off just about everyone. I doubt Kumble has done that to be honest. He may have pushed the boys very hard but I don't see him deliberately creating eifts within the team. 

3 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Funny how this comes out just before CT. Cricinfo has a history of anti India rhetoric, so I wont care too much about it. Let someone from Indian team make it public, then we'll talk more about it. There is a tournament at hand, let it be dealt with first. Then other changes could be made depending on team's choice.

Who would come out and say... we have problem with our coach ???. Its clearly evident from Kohli's press conference that everything is not right

No Greg chappell was a terrible human being who tried to create rifts in the team and pissed off just about everyone. I doubt Kumble has done that to be honest. He may have pushed the boys very hard but I don't see him deliberately creating eifts within the team. 

Ofcourse I am not comparing how Kumble as a person with Chappell at all.I am more comparing the circumstances.

What I am saying is if there is a breakdown in relationship between captain and coach ,then either Kumble should make amends with Kohli or we should part ways.Captain is far more important to the team and we(fans ) simply don't want this saga to be played out in the media in the least bit.

Which player of the present generation can be termed lazy or not wanting to improve.

The era of fun party loving guys is gone.

These guys are professionals who know they have to work on themselves or there are others waiting in the wings who are as professional as them .

If it was one or two senior players , we could say it is a personal or ego idsue. But looks like a lot more people are unhappy.

Intimidation never works for long .

That is the lazy way of getting things done.

The part about injuries seem scary .

Let the professional deal with how the players have to maintain fitness .Kumble should stick to his role as a chief coach and not try to be king.

I find it hard to believe players like kohli have a problem with hard work.

Except for Yuvi and Rohit ( both of them were not regular members during kumble time) I don't see anyone who is not improving their fitness level.

Kumble should be worrying about the cricket skills like slip fielding. Instead of taking the fielding coach to task , he has asked for a raise for him.

And kumble probably gets too much credit for the victories at home .

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Who would come out and say... we have problem with our coach ???. Its clearly evident from Kohli's press conference that everything is not right

What's more important ? The tournament at hand or their minor conflicts ? As I said, if team has a problem with coach then he wont be continuing anymore because Kumble's contract is over. Just making this issue public will only divert the team from focusing on the tournament and wont serve anything else. But people and media like drama, so they will have a field day with it.

6 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

What's more important ? The tournament at hand or their minor conflicts ? As I said, if team has a problem with coach then he wont be continuing anymore because Kumble's contract is over. Just making this issue public will only divert the team from focusing on the tournament and wont serve anything else. But people and media like drama, so they will have a field day with it.

This is discussionon on this forum... It won't make any difference what we say here.. Its out in public they ll know about it anyway if it has to effect it ll or if its not true it won't simple as that.. BCCI asking for new coach just makes it even more clear

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

This is discussionon on this forum... It won't make any difference what we say here.. Its out in public they ll know about it anyway if it has to effect it ll or if its not true it won't simple as that.. BCCI asking for new coach just makes it even more clear

I'm talking about the media in general. These issues have be dealt with in dressing room(if they are true and not a figment of imagination). 

Rohit and Kumble get on extremely well.

Not sure if this is indeed "all" players but a section of players. Kohli Ash and Rahane are close. Kohli also pushed for Rahane to be in the squad. 

It might just be Rahane is in the squad to bolster Kohli v Kumble. This is where senior pro like MSD needs to play peacemaker. MS has played with Kumble and he has also played with nearly all these players.

Unwise to blame kumble for injuries. Or just him for injuries. India had a punishing home season. Ash and Sir bowled themselves into the ground. Shami is always injury prone as is somebody like Rahul. 

Based on evidence from the warm ups, I really dont think this is an issue. India were just too good. Our bowling is amazing. 5 games these guys have to get on with each other over 18 days.

37 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

If not a great cricketer, Kumble looks like he would probably be a computer programmer at TCS. Hardly intimidating.

You would be sorely mistaken if you got up close to the guy.  He's a big guy.  And tough. And can be intimidating.  That whole intellectual, engineer deal they ascribe to him is a lazy characterisation and  underestimates the mental bloody mindedness and physical toughness it takes to get to the top and stay there for years. 

Edited by NameGoesHere

As long as selectors do the job and Kohli is leading the pack we are fine. Unless offcourse we get a coach like Dravid.  I still think Jumbo should gets a most amount of credit for change in fortune of team India.

IIRC a year back, Chepu was almost certainly a player to be dropped to make space for likes of Rohit in test arena. Kumble backed him and backed him to hilt. Result was everyone to see. He rightly prooved that he is most valued batsmen in Indian test arena.

Kohli, still seems to come out as a person who prefers a experienced tried tested player to be in playing 11 and is reluctant to change too much. The combo of Kumble and Kohli have worked so far. Lets hope someone talks some sense and  K K duos reconcile