Which is the best and worst airlines you've travelled in?

MechEng

I rarely had issues with airlines. I have used over a dozen airlines before. I do remember, once Air India plane was extremely stinky and so was Jet Airways domestic flight. Indigo once promoted me to first class out of nowhere. Indigo hostesses have always offered a very good service. I have traveled on Lufthansa, British, France, Singapore, Korean, United, American, Air India and few more International airlines. 

I dont ever fly with gulf airlines so no idea. I am sure they are great airlines as many have suggested me. But i avoid gulf, Etihad, Emirate, Turkish and Qatar. For last 7-8 years I have only been travelling with United. 

Edited by dial_100

Air India is the best air lines in the world. Their shoddy service, cramped seats , double bookings, delayed flights and the occasional rat at 35,000 feet above sea level ensure that I never miss India. We are always at home.

The worst has to be Virgin Atlantic. How dare they offer great service and politely treat every customer at a reasonable air fare, thereby taking business away from Air India! :argh:

Edited by Mariyam

38 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Air India is the best air lines in the world. Their shoddy service, cramped seats , double bookings, delayed flights and the occasional rat at 35,000 feet above sea level ensure that I never miss India. We are always at home.

The worst has to be Virgin Atlantic. How dare they offer great service and politely treat every customer at a reasonable air fare, thereby taking business away from Air India! :argh:

A rat made it to a passenger aircraft! :shock:

Btw just to let you know why I hate Spice Jet. I had once boarded a flight from Mangalore to Delhi back in 2012, after the aircraft took off I wanted to use the washroom (I was the first passenger to use the washroom in that flight and was sure about it) and I discovered that it wasn't flushed properly. I don't need to explain it to you graphically.

Edited by MechEng

Good ones

1. Virgin 

2. KLM

3. BA

Worst

1. Gulf --> Shoddy shoddy dirty crappy zero food hygiene, Staff gave non veg food to a lot of vegetarian and was surprised if they opposed. Infact did not like duality in treatment at their airport to fellow Indian passport holders.

2. Air France --> Service is ok (in terms of food portions and drinks) but plane quality is generally no good. + French  staff behave  French

Rest all including budget airlines you get what you expected or paid for. I also dont like domestic Air India flights. One time i felt if engine smoke was coming inside the passenger area.

My international AI experience has been generally good.

Edited by mishra

Best Airlines I have travelled over the last 15 Years are Emirates, Etihad and Qatar airways. Among the domestic, Jet Airways. The worst International Airlines are Air India and Aeroflot in that order. In domestic sector it is Air India again. I should say however Indian Airlines during the 90ies was much better than Air India before or after the merger.

5 hours ago, MechEng said:

A rat made it to a passenger aircraft! :shock:

Btw just to let you know why I hate Spice Jet. I had once boarded a flight from Mangalore to Delhi back in 2012, after the aircraft took off I wanted to use the washroom (I was the first passenger to use the washroom in that flight and was sure about it) and I discovered that it wasn't flushed properly. I don't need to explain it to you graphically.

Here you are

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/31/air-india-plane-turns-back-rat-spotted-on-board

The worst is easy: Air France

Best differed from over the years

Early 80s/90s: Iberia, PanAm, B.A, Lufthansa but off late traveled to India via Cathay and been very good

The only time I traveled First Class was in Air India where a 50 year old disgruntled Aunty just dropped a package as if I am in  some Birthday party where they are distributing balloons and confectionery

20 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

United is ordinary. Nothing compared to the Chinese airlines, where nobody even speaks English on an international flight. 

I would give them 10/10 for ingenuity and being proactive. They prepare the traveller for his/her stay in China where, not very unlike the USA, not many people speak understandable English.

Some of the better ones I have travelled in are Singapore airlines, British Airways, Etihad. I think the hub airport also matters for a stopover. I absolutely love the Heathrow experience. Air France has been a bad experience and the CDG airport isn't any good either. United is in the middle somewhere. Indian , I only like Jet and Vistara. I love travelling by Virgin America too. 

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/awards/world_airline_rating.html 

At the World Airline Awards held at Farnborough Airshow in July 2016, Skytrax announced the world's Top 100 Airlines in 2016, as voted by airline customers around the world. The awards, described as "the Oscars of the aviation industry", are most coveted Quality accolades for the world airline industry, and a global benchmark of airline excellence.