US pulls out of Paris Accord

surajmal

33 minutes ago, surajmal said:

There you go. Goras won't accept their responsibilities (even after India accepting unfair binding targets). Asia needs to figure it **** out sooner rather than later. Otherwise, Abrahamics will doom us all. 

Its also the Goras who are pushing the Paris Accords. USA isn't representative of all the Goras. Common Indian fallacy.

58 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

Abhi ki baar Trump sarkar.

I do recall Indians in India and America were quite fond of him despite knowing he was against the Paris Accord.

Sadly climate change will hit the poorest the hardest with drought, famine, disease, extreme weather ...

Some.  Not all.

I hope India would now take the rational approach and go with what is economically feasible. If solar is cheaper, fine. Otherwise no need to bind yourself to targets not in your economic interests. Basically, this also means, Goras wont be sharing any of the new developments in Energy Storage and Industrial IoT. SURPISE!?! NOT!

Edited by surajmal

This joker doesnt realize that US and other Western countries have an obligation to the rest of the developing world because they are the ones who have been polluting the world for 200 years(ever since the Industrial Revolution) and became rich as a result of that. If they are going to ask China, India and other countries to cut down on emissions, they are going to have to invest in renewable energy in those countries because they are in a position to do and therefore allow other countries to develop without polluting the environment.

If you expect the developing economies to cut down on emissions and compromise on our growth while you made merry for 200 years, its not going to work because people in developing countries have as much right for a better standard of living as people in the west. US and Europe is obligated to pay if they are keen on protecting the environment otherwise, the whole world is doomed. 

Edited by kubrickian

23 minutes ago, mishra said:

Iron is hot. India should threat a pullout if it doesnt gets NSG membership. After all nuclear fuel is way to the future of cleaner energy

Toshiba has a foundry (only one with the capability in the world) that produces single piece reactor vessels. Toshiba's Nuclear power business is also struggling financially right now. If only NPCIL was allowed to buy it and ship it over...

As for your point, yeah. It is a no brainer. I am amazed, India didn't make it precondition to paris accord. 

Jairam Ramesh has proven to be a traitorous SOB. 

1 minute ago, kubrickian said:

If they are going to ask China, India and other countries to cut down on emissions, they are going to have to invest in renewable energy in those countries and therefore allow those countries to develop without polluting the environment.

China is a factory to the world. So a huge portion of China's emissions, actually belong to others. 

Another reason is Trump has lot of investment in oil companies and deals in Middle East. Because the climate deal focuses on reducing usage of fossil fuels and increase usage of renewable sources of energy he went against it. For instance, usage of electric cars will mean less dependence on oil which goes against his interests. But he will sell this to his people as putting America's interests first.

Edited by kubrickian

29 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Toshiba has a foundry (only one with the capability in the world) that produces single piece reactor vessels. Toshiba's Nuclear power business is also struggling financially right now. If only NPCIL was allowed to buy it and ship it over...

As for your point, yeah. It is a no brainer. I am amazed, India didn't make it precondition to paris accord. 

Jairam Ramesh has proven to be a traitorous SOB. 

If responsibility to push for Climate deal falls on shoulders of Beijing Berlin, I am sure its not too late for Indian administrators. Let for once them deliver what US and UK have been doing and see how easy or difficult the task is.

18 minutes ago, mishra said:

@sandeep Being a senior poster, if you push dislike button without giving a explanation, looks very lame

Explanation?  Your post quoted below is utter nonsense.  

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Tbh he has a case. Unavailability and all most 100% dependency on China for Rare earth metals is root cause. Berlin automobile is in cahoots with Bejing

There is no "case" for inaction against climate change.   And random factoids about rare earth metals - which are not really that important to the automobile industry btw - have nothing to do with that either.   

14 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

Abhi ki baar Trump sarkar.

I do recall Indians in India and America were quite fond of him despite knowing he was against the Paris Accord.

Sadly climate change will hit the poorest the hardest with drought, famine, disease, extreme weather ...

Like this guy?

http://www.thenational.ae/world/americas/meet-the-muslims-who-support-donald-trump

27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Explanation?  Your post quoted below is utter nonsense.  

There is no "case" for inaction against climate change.   And random factoids about rare earth metals - which are not really that important to the automobile industry btw - have nothing to do with that either.   

Beijing is future market to Berlin automobile Industry.

Rare earth metal market is needed and so much in demand that almost quota system is in place by China. Not just highend electronics, It is needed allmost in every renewable source of energy , right from photo cells, to car batteries. used in hybrid/electric cars.

Educate yourself.

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

Beijing is future market to Berlin automobile Industry.

Rare earth metal market is needed and so much in demand that almost quota system is in place by China. Not just highend electronics, It is needed allmost in every renewable source of energy , right from photo cells, to car batteries. used in hybrid/electric cars.

Educate yourself.

And how is that related to global climate change?   I'm well aware of what rare earth metals are, and what they are used for.  The primary reason that the US pulled out of the Paris accords is related to fossil fuels - coal and petroleum.    And emissions control.  Nothing to do with "rare earth metals".    Spouting random facts on unrelated topics does not make any "case".  

And watch your tone, you asked me to discuss the issue with you - may want to educate yourself in decorum if you wish to continue the discussion.   

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

And how is that related to global climate change?   I'm well aware of what rare earth metals are, and what they are used for.  The primary reason that the US pulled out of the Paris accords is related to fossil fuels - coal and petroleum.    And emissions control.  Nothing to do with "rare earth metals".    Spouting random facts on unrelated topics does not make any "case".  

And watch your tone, you asked me to discuss the issue with you - may want to educate yourself in decorum if you wish to continue the discussion.   

No, Primary reasons the accords get established is peace and economy. Climate change is a Bullshit which was coined after few so called experts found it difficult to go along with "Global Warming" narrative.

Back to point, Since now you know a bit let me put dots in place. Rare Earth metal is directly linked to control of global energy supply and just like US Controls Fossil fuel market of Mideast and hence have a say in almost everything, China knows it can have a say in everything once its mandated that every country continue to queue up with metal rationcard.

Educate yourself was just to educate yourself. I wanted to challenge your negative rating that if it was down to your particular knowledge  or giving one back for your "Barah Baj gaye" bullshit.