US pulls out of Paris Accord

surajmal

Just now, mishra said:

No, Primary reasons the accords get established is peace and economy. Climate change is a Bullshit which was coined after few so called experts found it difficult to go along with "Global Warming" narrative.

Back to point, Since now you know a bit let me put dots in place. Rare Earth metal is directly linked to control of global energy supply and just like US Controls Fossil fuel market of Mideast and hence have a say in almost everything, China knows it can have a say in everything once its mandated that every country continue to queue up with metal rationcard.

Educate yourself was just to educate yourself. I wanted to challenge your negative rating that if it was down to your particular knowledge  or giving one back for your "Barah Baj gaye" bullshit.

OK.  So you are one of those that don't believe that the planet is warming up due to emissions.  No wonder you think Trump has a case.  Nothing more to discuss with you then.  Bye bye. 

16 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

Abhi ki baar Trump sarkar.

I do recall Indians in India and America were quite fond of him despite knowing he was against the Paris Accord.

Sadly climate change will hit the poorest the hardest with drought, famine, disease, extreme weather ...

issue based, in climate change China/India/Russia will align. Seems EU too will, its basically a question of population vs consumption of hydrocarbons. Imagine africa becomes enlightened and demanding similar fairness we will all be poor in per capita consumption of anything after that.  But this is not to say the US is not a country with converging interests with India.

26 minutes ago, sandeep said:

OK.  So you are one of those that don't believe that the planet is warming up due to emissions.  No wonder you think Trump has a case.  Nothing more to discuss with you then.  Bye bye. 

All I was saying is If America was controlling rare earth metals market, Then story would have been different. I am not discussing if climate change = global warming. I dont want to go into that arguement.

12 minutes ago, mishra said:

All I was saying is If America was controlling rare earth metals market, Then story would have been different. I am not discussing if climate change = global warming. I dont want to go into that arguement.

Well the thread is on the Paris accords which are focused on global warming, not on rare earth metals.   Its like you want to discuss the movies of Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan with a bunch of Brazilians at a soccer game, and then you want them to "educate themselves".  

And some saw similarities between him and Modi when they are very opposite.  Trump prides himself on being different, and this decision is on the same line. I would say he is closer to Rahul, where family is first, and no real vision nor commitment for the country.

5 hours ago, kubrickian said:

This joker doesnt realize that US and other Western countries have an obligation to the rest of the developing world because they are the ones who have been polluting the world for 200 years(ever since the Industrial Revolution) and became rich as a result of that. If they are going to ask China, India and other countries to cut down on emissions, they are going to have to invest in renewable energy in those countries because they are in a position to do and therefore allow other countries to develop without polluting the environment.

If you expect the developing economies to cut down on emissions and compromise on our growth while you made merry for 200 years, its not going to work because people in developing countries have as much right for a better standard of living as people in the west. US and Europe is obligated to pay if they are keen on protecting the environment otherwise, the whole world is doomed. 

well yeah and west - BRIC - middle east all have obligation to Africans, and all of us have obligation to the ocean krill as well..humans and ocean krill have obligation to folks on Mars.

Preface:  Climate change is real.  GHG emissions must be reduced.  

Question:  While there is a problem, is the Paris accord (it's an accord, not a treaty) the solution?  And if it is not, is it so bad to not participate in it?  

Food for thought:

(a) If we did everything that the Paris accord says for 70 years, we make a difference of 0.05 deg C.  1/60th of what we need.  Massive economic cost for negligible benefit.  It's like spending $10000 to buy Crocin in hopes that it will cure cancer or AIDS.  

(b) From 2014 to 2015, US GHG emissions dropped by 3%.  Europe's GHG emissions rose by 0.5%.  Talk, action and all that.  

The bigger problem is that the President denies the science of climate change.  

Edited by Brainfade

16 hours ago, sandeep said:

Well the thread is on the Paris accords which are focused on global warming, not on rare earth metals.   Its like you want to discuss the movies of Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan with a bunch of Brazilians at a soccer game, and then you want them to "educate themselves".  

Thread is on Trump dumping Paris accord.

Edited by mishra

11 hours ago, Brainfade said:

Preface:  Climate change is real.  GHG emissions must be reduced.  

Question:  While there is a problem, is the Paris accord (it's an accord, not a treaty) the solution?  And if it is not, is it so bad to not participate in it?  

Food for thought:

(a) If we did everything that the Paris accord says for 70 years, we make a difference of 0.05 deg C.  1/60th of what we need.  Massive economic cost for negligible benefit.  It's like spending $10000 to buy Crocin in hopes that it will cure cancer or AIDS.  

(b) From 2014 to 2015, US GHG emissions dropped by 3%.  Europe's GHG emissions rose by 0.5%.  Talk, action and all that.  

The bigger problem is that the President denies the science of climate change.  

Its is all bullshit. Thats why i dont go into global warming discussion. Access to cleaner air is not global warming or climate control. People confuse with issue of pollution around them to that of climate change.

If informed, A chewtiya can know that if suns temperature is rising, earths will rise too. Dealing with co2 emission doesnt allways mean cutting it at source only. You can deal with CO2 even after its produced

20 hours ago, mishra said:

Iron is hot. India should threat a pullout if it doesnt gets NSG membership. After all nuclear fuel is way to the future of cleaner energy

As much as I like the idea, climate change should not be hostage to political ambitions of a nation, even if it is ours. Climate change is a REAL and BIG problem that we are facing, amplifying and passing on to the next generations.

8 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Yesh yesh. Goras did it out of the goodness of their heart and an unadulterated concern for the future of earth. It had nothing to do with the fact that they had already r@ped the planet for centuries in the name of development but god help us if others did the same. Do as I say, not as I do.

So when the goras r@ped the planet, where was our knowledge of global warming ? 

Whether you like it or not, its the goras that have taken the initiative regarding global warming, while Indians are too busy recreating the 19th century industrial cr@phole that China is in currently. 

5 hours ago, mishra said:

Its is all bullshit. Thats why i dont go into global warming discussion. Access to cleaner air is not global warming or climate control. People confuse with issue of pollution around them to that of climate change.

If informed, A chewtiya can know that if suns temperature is rising, earths will rise too. Dealing with co2 emission doesnt allways mean cutting it at source only. You can deal with CO2 even after its produced

Which is 100x harder and more expensive than not producing CO2 in the first place.

99% of scientists agree that global warming is being caused by human-driven activity.

That the sun is continuously warming up, is irrelevant to the discussion, since the sun has been continuously warming up for the last 5 billion years- didn't stop the world from having an ice age every 50K years for the last 10 million years....

7 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Did India pull out of Paris Accord or US ? I guess more Jahil pan floating around than one can imagine

Is only Paris accord important. Have you seen the dirt in India and compare it to US. Jaahil pana is the strength of Indians. Hastinapur jaisa volcano aur pollution USA mein milega? Bahut saare log dono desh ke leader ko jaahil maante hain. Hindu sena to trump ke liye Pooja karti hai

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye

13 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Yesh yesh. Goras did it out of the goodness of their heart and an unadulterated concern for the future of earth. It had nothing to do with the fact that they had already r@ped the planet for centuries in the name of development but god help us if others did the same. Do as I say, not as I do.

Goras aren't doing it for their love of planet Earth. It's all economic reasons and their idea still is, world is for human consumption. So now have to preserve it, in order to further exploitation and consumption. Whereas, according to our dharma, there are nature rights and earth rights. It's very different thinking and we should have been the "natural" leader in this environmentalism movement.