False Bravado from the Greenbros

How must it feel to have to fake that false sense of superiority and spout ancient statistics from the previous millenium to keep the banter going?  Gotta be rough.  Especially knowing that even the bowling is no longer an edge against the arch-rivals, forget about batting or fielding.    

I mean, at the end of the day, its just a game and anything can happen.  But given the ever widening gulf in the talent, skill, fitness and achievement levels of the team, I can't help but wonder where the greenbros find the fake cojones to spout all the nonsense that you see.

T20 we are leading. In ODIs even though we are trailing by a big margin it is 11-0 in the matches that matter, so I would gladly take that record. It is only the test H2H that makes me angry, we are trailing 9-12 but lost/drew so many close matches like Bangalore '86 & '07, Madras/Kolkata '99, Mohali '05 heck we had no business losing Karachi 20016 and Bangalore 2005. Don't forget the circumstances in which the 1978 and 1982 series' were played...Pak umpires and bottle cap reverse swing by the serial ball tamperer Imran Khan. In a fair world we should be leading them in test H2H which outweighs even the WC streak. I hope we get to play a few test matches against them in the near future, Kohli XI is way superior to present Pak XI. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

T20 we are leading. In ODIs even though we are trailing by a big margin it is 11-0 in the matches that matter, so I would gladly take that record. It is only the test H2H that makes me angry, we are trailing 9-12 but lost/drew so many close matches like Bangalore '86 & '07, Madras/Kolkata '99, Mohali '05 heck we had no business losing Karachi 20016 and Bangalore 2005. Don't forget the circumstances in which the 1978 and 1982 series' were played...Pak umpires and bottle cap reverse swing by the serial ball tamperer Imran Khan. In a fair world we should be leading them in test H2H which outweighs even the WC streak. I hope we get to play a few test matches against them in the near future, Kohli XI is way superior to present Pak XI. 

In a fair world the test h2h would be more damning . 12-9 flatters India tbh   Pakistan have historically been a much superior test side . The two sides literally played no test cricket in the 90s . Untill the very late 90s . None in Pakistan at all. Stop being deluded.

72 - 51 is quite a pounding whichever way you look at it . Also 11 isnt the number unless you start combining formats in which case u might as well add the handful of test wins as well for a more impressive one.

On Topic : OP can you really blame them ??  I mean india hasnt exactly been a top side for most of them growing up . Respect is earned and india being a pretty ordinary side not just against pakistan but against most cricketing nations over the years is the reason for that sense of superiority amongst the pakistani fans.  It will take time for them to realise that indian cricket has improved while pakistan has regressed .

False bravado? Where? This time the greenbros are totally timid and intimidated by the superior in every way Indian team, even they have accepted the fate of their phateechar team, even their ex cricketers have kept their mouths shut this time:phehe:, they have realised their true aukaat and thus they know that they can never ever hope to even dream about beating India, if still some dumb and retarded green bro is living in lala land and showing false bravado then he/she shall be put back in his phateechar place on june 4th, no worries, these phateechar log have a big phainty in store for them on sunday

Edited by kira

Pakistan was a superior side in the past but tables have turned now last one decade we r far superior n at least two levels above Pakistan overall.

We still behind top teams because of poor selections n planning, as ODI game has changed n we r still hanging on to old way n wasted players like Dhoni, Rahane, Yuvi to some extent, our bowling attack is the best I have ever seen n we have the means to succeed anywhere in ODi n test now.

Our Odi side needs fresh blood, likes of Pant, Hooda, Shankar, K Yadav need to come in.

27 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Pakistan was a superior side in the past but tables have turned now last one decade

What an uninformed view, we were superior to pak till 1985 with a better win loss ratio and we have been superior to pak since 2000/01, the only period where pak was superior was from 1985 to 2000, they 15 years of good time due to ball tampering, otherwise they were always phateechar

Edited by kira
12 minutes ago, kira said:

What an uninformed view, we were superior to pak till 1985 with a better win loss ratio and we have been superior to pak since 2000/01, the only period where pak was superior was from 1985 to 2000, they 15 years of good time due to ball tampering, otherwise they were always phateechar

Please check dictionary n understand the meaning of the word PAST, think before you open the trap

3 hours ago, the don said:

On Topic : OP can you really blame them ??  I mean india hasnt exactly been a top side for most of them growing up . Respect is earned and india being a pretty ordinary side not just against pakistan but against most cricketing nations over the years is the reason for that sense of superiority amongst the pakistani fans.  It will take time for them to realise that indian cricket has improved while pakistan has regressed .

From the year 2000 onwards, India has been the one of the most consistently performing sides in tests and ODIs, with only Australia being clearly better.

In this 17 and a half years, in test matches, we have won 34 series, drawn 11 and lost only 16. That means we have been undefeated 73% of the time, which is impressive.  Apart from a 3 year period starting end 2011, we have been very good.

In this same period in ODI World Cups, we have won 1 World Cup, came 2nd in another and was semi-finalist in another. We have also won 2 Champion's Trophies and came 2nd in another.

Clearly shows that we have been a very good team in the last 17 and a half years.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, MCcricket said:

Please check dictionary n understand the meaning of the word PAST, think before you open the trap

Next time hit yourself in the face with a comprehension book, you said pak was superior in the PAST and we have been better now in the last decade, I just corrected your uninformed view that we have been better in the PAST too and for way longer period than just last decade and the PAST you talk about is just a tiny period of 15 years between 1985 to 2000, the years before 1985 also count as PAST and we were superior in the PAST too, so think before you open your TRAP or you'll get embarrassed even more

It is an ODI and they are in a top 8 tournament where India certain isn't no.1 team, so don't think its a false bravado. We at times show the same thing when playing other teams, and we haven't been a great odi side either, despite having world class bats like Kohli, Rohit, Dhoni in the last 4-5 years.

India starts favorites for sure, and I hope we thrash them, but with rain around and format of the game changing because of it, Pakistan does have a decent chance, say about 35%. It's sport, we are not always going to beat pak in ICC tournament, we have already lost to them twice, so they have their right feel all excited.

Our batting really needs to click and if our bowling does anything similar to what it did to NZ and Bangladesh in the warm ups, we are in for a good thrashing of the opposition.

46 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

I sometimes do wonder....we all know that padosi people are a sell out and there is rampant match fixing...so why be so sure that all the WC wins were fair and square? Maybe the board and govt play a bigger role in the match than players... 

to sell-out a world cup match, and that against India plays on their inferior complexity of losing to India in all aspects of life, from standard of living, to wars, economy and to sports, especially cricket..so very unlikely they would fix these matches

to loose 6 straight games is utter humiliation for Pakistan, may they may have fixed 1992 edition and 1996, but pretty sure they wouldn't have fixed after than, because the humiliation plays on their fragile ego when it comes to India 

2 hours ago, kira said:

Next time hit yourself in the face with a comprehension book, you said pak was superior in the PAST and we have been better now in the last decade, I just corrected your uninformed view that we have been better in the PAST too and for way longer period than just last decade and the PAST you talk about is just a tiny period of 15 years between 1985 to 2000, the years before 1985 also count as PAST and we were superior in the PAST too, so think before you open your TRAP or you'll get embarrassed even more

Sorry I do not argue with retards n fools.

58 minutes ago, chewy said:

to sell-out a world cup match, and that against India plays on their inferior complexity of losing to India in all aspects of life, from standard of living, to wars, economy and to sports, especially cricket..so very unlikely they would fix these matches

to loose 6 straight games is utter humiliation for Pakistan, may they may have fixed 1992 edition and 1996, but pretty sure they wouldn't have fixed after than, because the humiliation plays on their fragile ego when it comes to India 

Well they did "lose" that WC match against Bangladesh.

1 hour ago, chewy said:

and yet there are cases of spot fixing coming to the forefront..