Kohli rubbishes report of rift in Indian camp

"There are no issues whatsoever." That was the no-nonsense response of the India captain Virat Kohli to reports swirling around the team that he is at the centre of a rift with coach Anil Kumble.

The story has dominated India's build-up to their defense of the Champions Trophy, which begins on Sunday with the small matter of a game against Pakistan at Edgbaston. Kohli swatted away any notion, however, that there were differences beyond the ordinary between team members and Kumble.

"See, there has been a lot of speculation, and a lot of things being written by people without actually being a part of the changing room, which is very strange. There are no problems whatsoever. The team is totally focused on the Champions Trophy."

Kohli stressed that his relationship with Kumble had been a good one, in a period when India have won every series they have played, apart from one T20I series against West Indies in the USA. "It's been really good. The whole journey has been good."

He did acknowledge that differences and disagreements could exist in cricket, but said that they were a sign of progress. "In any walk of life there are agreements and disagreements always. If you don't have knowledge of something, unless I am there myself in a particular situation and I am aware of what is happening, I will not pass any comment. I will not pass any judgment.

"I think in India there is a lack of patience. People speculate from a distance. They apply their own idea. And when that thing does not happen nobody admits his mistake. That is why I do not focus on these issues. If you write something you should take the ownership that I was wrong.

"These are normal things. Even at home you do not agree on everything with your family. The people who speculate should also think do you agree on everything in every situation. It is not possible. All I can say is if you do not have the knowledge about something do not spread rumours, do not speculate and focus on the cricket." 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2017/content/story/1100912.html

4 hours ago, Zoranovic said:

Of course he is going to say this. He can't exactly say to the media "Kumble is a massive aaloo and should be sacked".

Kohli always looks like a spoilt child

I couldn't agree any more friend!! Kohli is quite the spoilt pencillo, terrible captain has no composure under pressure. Just looks like a major choker at the highest. 

6 minutes ago, Porke""d said:

I couldn't agree any more friend!! Kohli is quite the spoilt pencillo, terrible captain has no composure under pressure. Just looks like a major choker at the highest. 

Hi and welcome to this Chittagong of a Forum.

Exactly. Kohli can be summed up by the final test vs Australia - squibbed the contested because he was out of form and didn't want his average to drop further. Lacks leadership and courage

45 minutes ago, Zoranovic said:

Hi and welcome to this Chittagong of a Forum.

Exactly. Kohli can be summed up by the final test vs Australia - squibbed the contested because he was out of form and didn't want his average to drop further. Lacks leadership and courage

Thanks friend i can't wait to post more on this norf of a forum.

Seems like the child who would throws tanties at mum if his naan was a bit burnt. India need a new captain, need more of Ajit Agarkar he would be perfect (lel).