Has Yuvi given a phainty to all his detractors

Happy though I am to see Yuvraj hammer the Pak bowling I'm still worried that Yuvraj's knock came on the back of a dropped chance. Even in IPL his two best knocks were after easy chances, especially the Manish Pandey drop after which he played a blinder. My worry is that better teams like SA, Eng and Aus won't make such mistakes and won't drop catches. Would love to be proved wrong though at the end of the tourney with us retaining the trophy :agree: 

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Really !!  Great  !!

How old are we willing to go  ?      :phehe:

It is not about how old a person gets but it is all about how good he still is as far as his playing role is concerned. Let us not judge a person solely by physical age which is not always the best indicator of how good the player is but how well he performs on the field. 

8 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

It is not about how old a person gets but it is all about how good he still is as far as his playing role is concerned. Let us not judge a person solely by physical age which is not always the best indicator of how good the player is but how well he performs on the field. 

Fair enough. I don't judge a person by physical age alone and look at the consistency in his performances and the skills he is displaying.

I objected because you said this

5 hours ago, sarcastic said:

Time to realize that "Old is always Gold" no matter what 

Old is not gold, no matter what and we have to judge it on a case to case basis.

In case of Yuvi, his knock of 150 and the way he was crisply hitting the ball in the ODI series against England, gave us an indication that he is back in form.

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Fair enough. I don't judge a person by physical age alone and look at the consistency in his performances and the skills he is displaying.

I objected because you said this

Old is not gold, no matter what and we have to judge it on a case to case basis.

In case of Yuvi, his knock of 150 and the way he was crisply hitting the ball in the ODI series against England, gave us an indication that he is back in form.

Well, I have no disagreement with your post here. I am saying that people tend to hype up the youngsters and just talk of blooding them in just because they are young and have some good knocks in IPL.  

But some one like Yuvraj is class and he proved it for a long time. The fact that he has been doing well in domestics has given the selectors confidence to have him vs England series. His 150 gave the confidence now. I am saying that someone like UV is always "gold" unless offcourse his reflexes go completely down. We cannot just put him aside based on the fact that some youngster is doing well somewhere. 

9 hours ago, sarcastic said:

We cannot just put him aside based on the fact that some youngster is doing well somewhere. 

Having ready replacements,  when the older guys have to retire, is an aspect which has to be looked into too.

Developing new players do not happen in a few months.

I want to  rotate the older players like Yuvi and MSD and try new players like Pant too, after the CT is over.

It cannot be a case of all new players or all old players....a  balance has to be struck for the purpose I mentioned above.

Edited by express bowling