Has Yuvi given a phainty to all his detractors

35 minutes ago, Khota said:

No. I still believe Dinesh is better than Yuvi today,

Yuvraj is not even a shadow of his past, having said that he is gr8 odi player and even comparing his dip to all time choker like dinesh makes ......

tenor.gif

ICC tournaments are all about pressure, yuvi has been gr8 at that and DK biggest downfall is handling of pressure 

Top knock and a really important one. I have been his detractor from time to time and to be honest did not want him back in the team. He seemed to have lost his power and could not handle top quality bowling. But this latest comeback has been very impressive. 

14 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Nope. Hassan Ali was bowling a couple of full tosses and there was a dropped catch as well. Their bowling was nothing special to be honest. 

He was clearly going for the yorker and overdid it but that happens when you have a zoning yuvi facing you,bowlers do get intimidated.yuvi has shown glimpses in the last 2-3 series that he is playing with intent and wants to prove a point

19 hours ago, sarcastic said:

Yuvi has proved that he still has it in him to last for few more years. 

Time to realize that "Old is always Gold" no matter what and let us put to rest the criticism of UV and MSD please. 

Time for Nehra and Gambhir to make a comeback. :phehe:  Buddhon se team bhar do. :phehe:

49 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Time for Nehra and Gambhir to make a comeback. :phehe:  Buddhon se team bhar do. :phehe:

Well, I mean yes to them too if they are good enough to contribute positively towards Indian team. Doubt Nehra is fit enough for ODIs anymore and the problem with Gambhir is more mental (perhaps his off field politics including) and hence discarded. I am not saying bring every buddha but that players who are older in age but whom we know were good and who are still doing good in domestics should be respected and not sidelined just because of their age.

This was the most inept bowling I have seen in long time. People over here are acting like in the green forum that Pakistan has better bowling and India has better batting, India has both better bowling and batting.

Coming back to UV he is done. Dont read too m uch into that knock. He caussed a loss against SL in the final. See how he operates against SA etc and then bump the thread.

Of the old brigade only Harbhajan/Gambhir deserved a chance and no one else.

Edited by Khota
6 hours ago, CoverDrive said:

Top knock and a really important one. I have been his detractor from time to time and to be honest did not want him back in the team. He seemed to have lost his power and could not handle top quality bowling. But this latest comeback has been very impressive. 

Top quality bowling. Seriously?

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

This was the most inept bowling I have seen in long time. People over here are acting like in the green forum that Pakistan has better bowling and India has better batting, India has both better bowling and batting.

Coming back to UV he is done. Dont read too m uch into that knock. He caussed a loss against SL in the final. See how he operates against SA etc and then bump the thread.

Of the old brigade only Harbhajan deserved a chance and no one else.

Sl game he was **** and has been **** for a while . Plus different format 

but slammed England and stroked gorgeous 150 and looked really good in other games 

why does look like yuvraj of old ? Got the swagger back and the best pulll shot v pace again like in pomp ? Who knows ?

Worked hard ? Slight change in grip / stance ? Being married ? One good shot somewhere that got him going ? No one knows but looks majestic like in pomp 

7 minutes ago, Khota said:

Of the old brigade only Harbhajan/Gambhir deserved a chance and no one else.

Glad you mentioned bhaji . Crazy stick he gets for being a genuine india great . Would not have him back now but awesome bowler and great Indian srevant . Shame the abuse he gets 

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Sl game he was **** and has been **** for a while . Plus different format 

but slammed England and stroked gorgeous 150 and looked really good in other games 

why does look like yuvraj of old ? Got the swagger back and the best pulll shot v pace again like in pomp ? Who knows ?

Worked hard ? Slight change in grip / stance ? Being married ? One good shot somewhere that got him going ? No one knows but looks majestic like in pomp 

I am not feeling it. He is just average. It will show soon against SA and better competition.

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am not feeling it. He is just average. It will show soon against SA and better competition.

Average ? One of our best odi players ever 

man of series in 2011 World Cup win (often over looked ) our second best player in 2003 final charge . 

Proven gun at this level and if delivering like old days ridiculous not to back . Particularly when his replacement is mental failure karthick lol

16 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Glad you mentioned bhaji . Crazy stick he gets for being a genuine india great . Would not have him back now but awesome bowler and great Indian srevant . Shame the abuse he gets 

People do go overboard here about him.

And regarding Yuvraj, people used to blame Kohli for Yuvi's selection saying crappy things like how Kohli will select his Punjabi pals like Yuvi etc.

Fact is, when the Indian team is losing or a player is struggling, it brings the worst out of the fans and some become so crazy that they make players look racist which clearly actually applies more to the poster than Kohli or any captain for just even thinking like that or blaming someone like that.

2 hours ago, mishra said:

Everyone who came to bat scored runs. Need to perform against better teams who dont drop catches and dont do laddoo bowling

If everyone scored runs then why did yuvi get the MOM? Why was Kohli struggling to hit boundaries until Yuvi came to the crease and released the pressure. Just be happy Dhoni didn't get to bat yesterday otherwise we would have struggled to reach 260.