Has Yuvi given a phainty to all his detractors

His inclusion in the squad is one I would have questioned BUT he was picked and he did his job as was expected of him in the game situation. ..Well done to him.....Whether any other pick could have played that innings is unknown.  End of the tournament is the time to evaluate. 

2 hours ago, laaloo said:

If everyone scored runs then why did yuvi get the MOM? Why was Kohli struggling to hit boundaries until Yuvi came to the crease and released the pressure. Just be happy Dhoni didn't get to bat yesterday otherwise we would have struggled to reach 260. 

Different Role. Kohlis job was to stay till end. Yuvi was to throw his bat. Pandya did show what a difference is between yesteryears and new comers.

The score we attained was attained because of last four overs in which Yuvi scored just 14 of 7 deliveries. while 58 runs were scored off remaining 17 deliveries.

41 minutes ago, mishra said:

Different Role. Kohlis job was to stay till end. Yuvi was to throw his bat. Pandya did show what a difference is between yesteryears and new comers.

The score we attained was attained because of last four overs in which Yuvi scored just 14 of 7 deliveries. while 58 runs were scored off remaining 17 deliveries.

Kohli job was to stay till the end? lol what? There were 10-12 overs left iirc. You still had Jadhav and Dhoni and Pandya and Jadeja left. There was no reason for anyone to stay and hold up one end. Kohli was trying to hit boundaries and wasnt connecting. Yuvi came and looked good from ball 1. He started hitting and released the pressure.

24 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Kohli job was to stay till the end? lol what? There were 10-12 overs left iirc. You still had Jadhav and Dhoni and Pandya and Jadeja left. There was no reason for anyone to stay and hold up one end. Kohli was trying to hit boundaries and wasnt connecting. Yuvi came and looked good from ball 1. He started hitting and released the pressure.

Do you expect current Dhoni to do so? :giggle:

1 hour ago, mishra said:

The nit picking by some is becoming laughable lol unless we hit  a six of every ball folks not happy lol

4 hours ago, laaloo said:

Kohli should, if could, play chanceless inning till end of every  game and we will win unles opponent is England Africa or Australia. Common sense!

I am not taking anything away from Yuvi, But everyone knows, bowling attack piss poor, fielding was even worse and opponent captaincy was as good as club level. Only and only two things that was stopping our batters (including Kohli) was occasion/pressure and weather/pitch conditions. 

If i am to bet in that game against Pak, I will bet on MSD and Yuvi to be best to rise up But Pandya prooved cooler than ice.

Edited by mishra
1 hour ago, mishra said:

Kohli should, if could, play chanceless inning till end of every  game and we will win unles opponent is England Africa or Australia. Common sense!

I am not taking anything away from Yuvi, But everyone knows, bowling attack piss poor, fielding was even worse and opponent captaincy was as good as club level. Only and only two things that was stopping our batters (including Kohli) was occasion/pressure and weather/pitch conditions. 

If i am to bet in that game against Pak, I will bet on MSD and Yuvi to be best to rise up But Pandya prooved cooler than ice.

Kya common sense? It was a 48 overs game. Kohli and Sharma were stalling and the match was going nowhere. Yuvi came to the crease. Started attacking and that was it. That's why he was the MOM. Look at the England series 2nd odi. Dhoni was tuk tuking and Yuvi came and release all of the pressre. Yuvi may not be as consistent as before but when he comes off he is still destructive. It's not his fault the opposition dropped his catch. Kohli was struggling until Yuvi came to the crease. He wasnt even going at a run a ball.

9 hours ago, mishra said:

Yuvi was to throw his bat. Pandya did show what a difference is between yesteryears and new comers.

Dude you are saying polar opposite.

It was Pandya's role to throw his bat because he came at the end. For Yuvi, he still had to ensure that he is batting at high strike rate and also not lose his wicket.

Remember we were still going in an out because of the rain and do you remember what happened two days ago from that game between Nz and Aus whre NZ collapsed once the game was reduced to 45 overs and their players lost the momentum because of going in and out

multiple times?

This was bound to happen to india too, but Yuvi ensured it doesn't and so did Kohli who wasn't able to hit but kept rotating and did not play too many dot balls like most would have to those full balls and yorkers of Hassan, who actually bowled better than what his figures would suggest.

We could have easily been 8 down for 270 in trying to go for big runs because of going in and out courtesy of the weather. But the composure shown in that p'ship kept us in good shape for 300+

8 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Dude you are saying polar opposite.

It was Pandya's role to throw his bat because he came at the end. For Yuvi, he still had to ensure that he is batting at high strike rate and also not lose his wicket.

Remember we were still going in an out because of the rain and do you remember what happened two days ago from that game between Nz and Aus whre NZ collapsed once the game was reduced to 45 overs and their players lost the momentum because of going in and out

multiple times?

This was bound to happen to india too, but Yuvi ensured it doesn't and so did Kohli who wasn't able to hit but kept rotating and did not play too many dot balls like most would have to those full balls and yorkers of Hassan, who actually bowled better than what his figures would suggest.

We could have easily been 8 down for 270 in trying to go for big runs because of going in and out courtesy of the weather. But the composure shown in that p'ship kept us in good shape for 300+

Kohli or Pandya, None gave away their wicket. Only wicket that fell was of Yuvi. Also Check Laloojis comment. He is saying exactly opposite to what you are saying i.e. India had too many solid wickets for a collapse.

In all honesty, Yuvi has done well against a soft opposition. He might do allright or not be needed against Lankans either. It is other two matches where his contribution will be really needed and he will be exposed.

But some fans will continue to justify his selection on bases of this one MoM performance.

On 6/4/2017 at 8:21 PM, Praggy said:

No msd should still be criticized. Yuvi has shown he can attack when the batsman at the other end is struggling. Dhoni hasn't recently.

Yes he is struggling a bit and that phase had to come.......he hasnt seen to much struggle in his odi career so its fine. Shows what a gr8 player he is as despite his struggle he is still making runs and winning few matches

On 6/4/2017 at 8:02 PM, sarcastic said:

Yuvi has proved that he still has it in him to last for few more years. 

Time to realize that "Old is always Gold" no matter what and let us put to rest the criticism of UV and MSD please. 

To last for few more years is to big a statement to make as of now 

Neither shud a player be criticized for his age neither he shud get free run coz of old id gold theory 

YUvi has received criticsim rightly as he was struggling for 4 years.....

MSD is just seeing his 1st downfall in his ODI career which happens to everyone and runs are still there......its not that he forgot to put bat on ball. 

20 hours ago, Khota said:

problem with cricket averages is that it does not take minnow bashing into account. Everyone looked good because opposition was poor.

HE smashed Eng to.....they are no minnow 

On 6/5/2017 at 5:28 PM, Khota said:

I am not feeling it. He is just average. It will show soon against SA and better competition.

So cant he have an off game, anybody can have it. Say that if he fails against Sa in 5 games

On 6/5/2017 at 5:19 PM, Khota said:

Coming back to UV he is done. Dont read too m uch into that knock. He caussed a loss against SL in the final. See how he operates against SA etc and then bump the thread.

Of the old brigade only Harbhajan/Gambhir deserved a chance and no one else.

That was 3 yrs ago......his technique has changed a lot......it was a change in his technique that led to his downfall from 2011......and now it has improved. 

No player shud be judged of what he did few yrs ago in case of qulaity of yuvraj singh

What has bhajji n gambhir done to deserve a chance.......Both werent even as big match winner in ODi as yuvraj singh. Till now no one has earned yuvi spot as well.....gambhir n bhajji spots are taken 

Those guys also failed in comeback in test cricket 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yes he is struggling a bit and that phase had to come.......he hasnt seen to much struggle in his odi career so its fine. Shows what a gr8 player he is as despite his struggle he is still making runs and winning few matches

To last for few more years is to big a statement to make as of now 

Neither shud a player be criticized for his age neither he shud get free run coz of old id gold theory 

YUvi has received criticsim rightly as he was struggling for 4 years.....

MSD is just seeing his 1st downfall in his ODI career which happens to everyone and runs are still there......its not that he forgot to put bat on ball. 

HE smashed Eng to.....they are no minnow 

So cant he have an off game, anybody can have it. Say that if he fails against Sa in 5 games

That was 3 yrs ago......his technique has changed a lot......it was a change in his technique that led to his downfall from 2011......and now it has improved. 

No player shud be judged of what he did few yrs ago in case of qulaity of yuvraj singh

What has bhajji n gambhir done to deserve a chance.......Both werent even as big match winner in ODi as yuvraj singh. Till now no one has earned yuvi spot as well.....gambhir n bhajji spots are taken 

Those guys also failed in comeback in test cricket 

I am basing what I am saying of my observation from IPL. Both Gambhir and Bhajji consistently performed in that event and Yuvraj failed. I can argue all day long but I can tell you something honestly, currently IPL is the best metrics out there to measure someone.

Nobody has taken Bhajji or Gambhir spots. Someone is occupying it but not deservedly so.

12 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

And his excellent series v England including the majestic 150 

And neither should be basis for his selection. Most fans used to rely upon Yuvi  to perform in the important games. He was potentially a series winner. Now I know that he will most likely fail against big 3 teams at the same time, am aware that there are better youngsters.

And that is the difference.

8 hours ago, Khota said:

I am basing what I am saying of my observation from IPL. Both Gambhir and Bhajji consistently performed in that event and Yuvraj failed. I can argue all day long but I can tell you something honestly, currently IPL is the best metrics out there to measure someone.

Nobody has taken Bhajji or Gambhir spots. Someone is occupying it but not deservedly so.

Gambhir spots is taken by dhawan, followed by rahul, rahane and pant wud soon be on radar

Bhajji- ashwin followed by kuldeep, chahal , jayant.........bhajji has no chance

Who is undeservingly occupying it????? both ashwin n dhawan has way better record then gambhir n bhajji 

Didnt bhajji go to Sl n bang after ipl success and failed miserably

Yuvi has never done well in any ipl , may be in 1 at max.......but was a top player

IPL is not the right criteria as its diff format

N if ur talking about ipl only, didnt yuvi smash rabaada, shami in IPL and those are world class bowlers. 

IF ipl is the best metrics- raina n rohit shud have been our most consistent batsman