Shikhar Dhawan!!!

Relax folks. Dhawan is gonna show up in a knockout game - he always does. The guy won us CT, was our best batsman in WC 2015 and played a pretty good innings in recent Asia Cup final.

What we need to do is bump Raina down to his familiar no. 5 or 6 position where he comes in at the death and score some quick runs instead of trying to figure out what he needs to do early in the innings. He's no a no. 4 bat and Yuvi should bat in that position.

Dhawan is not a T20 player but for some reason the braindead selectors keep on picking him (and others) for T20s based on ODI form. In fact until recently the T20 and ODI teams were almost identical. T20 is a different format and you have to pick the right players - the selectors have no excuse since there is something called the IPL every year...

Dhawan's stats in T20 internationals:

Average - 21

Strike rate - 114

2 50s

I think Rahane has better figures that that :facepalm: 

Dhawan is not a T20 player but for some reason the braindead selectors keep on picking him (and others) for T20s based on ODI form. In fact until recently the T20 and ODI teams were almost identical. T20 is a different format and you have to pick the right players - the selectors have no excuse since there is something called the IPL every year...

Dhawan's stats in T20 internationals:

Average - 21

Strike rate - 114

2 50s

I think Rahane has better figures that that :facepalm: 

Kohli is literally spoiling this team in the sense that he is covering all the holes in this team. As I said before, our team has the most boring openers among all teams.

On what basis?

He looks horrible even if he tries to smash. Only when he plays like a slogger, he is fine, it suits him.

On the basis of being able to perform well in high pressure situations. 

Kohli is literally spoiling this team in the sense that he is covering all the holes in this team. As I said before, our team has the most boring openers among all teams.

I am sure all the other teams would love to have boring openers like Rohit and Dhawan. 

On the basis of being able to perform well in high pressure situations. 

I am sure all the other teams would love to have boring openers like Rohit and Dhawan. 

I hope he comes good in the remaining games as we cannot wait for a player to only perform in KOs.

Partially true. Every side will want a Rohit Sharma, not so sure about Dhawan.

I hope he comes good in the remaining games as we cannot wait for a player to only perform in KOs.

Partially true. Every side will want a Rohit Sharma, not so sure about Dhawan.

Most of the time, Rohit and Kohli are more than enough to carry India to the knockouts. The same will happen this time, and India will easily beat Bangladesh and Australia. 

Dhawan is better than any batsman Pakistan have in LOIs, New Zealand don't have a good opener with Guptill after McCullum retired, South Africa could desperately use someone who does well in knockouts, Australia need an opener with Finch since Warner has started coming at #4, West Indies need an opener with Gayle, Sri Lanka need an opener with Dilshan and Dhawan is better than Roy, Tamim and Sarkar.