Shikhar Dhawan!!!

At the moment I would pick ahead of anyone else in the world for an ICC tourney. Amlas, ABDVs and Williamsons are all wonderful to have in bilateral series but when it comes down to the tourneys which matter, I know which one I would have in my team :agree: 

Shikhar Dhawan - probably the clutches player around today! :hail::isalute: 

On 6/8/2017 at 7:50 AM, PandeyJee said:

Yes. I want KL Rahul instead of Dhawan (not if Dhawan performs like this every game) but the fact is he doesn't. Sometimes the eye-test gives you more than anything else, KL Rahul or even Pant (or both) should be the  opening batsman going forward (not right away) but moving forward.

KL Rahul is another Rahane. Keep him away from the limited overs sides please.

1 minute ago, TNAmarkFrmIndia said:

KL Rahul is another Rahane. Keep him away from the limited overs sides please.

He's much better than Rahane and deserves to get a few chances at number spot after the tourney. Yuvraj won't make it till 2019 WC so Rahul should be tried. Pant should replace Dhoni as the wkt keeper but I want him to bat up the order. If Rohit doesn't perform consistently and starts upping his SR during PP overs, maybe Pant can replace him.

On 6/8/2017 at 9:30 AM, Ultimate_Game said:

Can anyone find out Dhawan's record and stats in ICC tourneys? Am a noob with CI Statsguru and would really appreciate if someone can do so :two_thumbs_up: 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;qualmin1=10;qualval1=matches;team=6;template=results;trophy=12;trophy=44;type=batting

icc_batting_average.png

Dhawan leads all Indian players in ODI batting avg in ICC tournaments. 

11 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

That's what you call a gun clutch player :two_thumbs_up: 

Cometh the hour (ICC Tourneys), cometh the man (Shikhar Dhawan) :hatsoff: 

If SA had one player with balls like Dhawan, they would've probably won a couple of ICC tourneys by now. But I guess Amla and ABDV do average 50+ in odis :giggle: 

4 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Dhawan needs to be told every series is an ICC series.... maybe he'll start to fire all around 

TBH do we really care about bilateral odi series? We have a player who shows up everytime in an ICC tourney and I will take it with both hands. In fact even if Dhawan does absolutely nothing the next couple of years, I would still have him in the team for WC 2019 :agree: 

41 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

He's much better than Rahane and deserves to get a few chances at number spot after the tourney.

No he's not. He's a proper Test bat that tries too hard to be aggressive in limited overs much like Rahane. And the sad fact is the guy is going to be given endless chances before people start to realise he's just not cut out for limited overs and that time and investment could rather have been given to someone who's more suited for the limited overs format. India has a huge talent pool. There's tons of batsmen out there to choose from.

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

TBH do we really care about bilateral odi series? We have a player who shows up everytime in an ICC tourney and I will take it with both hands. In fact even if Dhawan does absolutely nothing the next couple of years, I would still have him in the team for WC 2019 :agree: 

Then might as well drop him in bilaterals and give some new kid a chance to play in bilaterals who'd be honored to represent India and give his all .  Keep Dhawan only for ICC tournies. 

1 minute ago, bleaf27 said:

Then might as well drop him in bilaterals and give some new kid a chance to play in bilaterals who'd be honored to represent India and give his all .  Keep Dhawan only for ICC tournies. 

I wouldn't mind it. TBH I only care about tourneys in shorter formats and give rat's behind what happens in bilateral series.

35 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Sachin :hatsoff: Look at the average and most importantly strike rate. Even modern day kohli cannot match Sachin's strike rate till nownow. Gun player in ICC tournament except for finals.

2 minutes ago, TNAmarkFrmIndia said:

No he's not. He's a proper Test bat that tries too hard to be aggressive in limited overs much like Rahane. And the sad fact is the guy is going to be given endless chances before people start to realise he's just not cut out for limited overs and that time and investment could rather have been given to someone who's more suited for the limited overs format. India has a huge talent pool. There's tons of batsmen out there to choose from.

I'm sorry but if you score a 100 in a T20 while nearly chasing 240+ successfully means you do have some ability and at the very least deserves a run with the team. If Rahane can hang around like bad smeall for 6 years without doing anything, why not give Rahul a chance? He deserves it and based on what he's shown he's pretty good.

7 minutes ago, TNAmarkFrmIndia said:

Rahul compared to Rahane in ODIs. :cantstop:

You are wrong about Rahul tries too hard to be aggressive. In fact he has such wide zone of scoring that he need not try hard.In T20s, maybe when he is out of form he can find it difficult but ODIs can never be an issue for Rahul like Rahane.

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Rahul compared to Rahane in ODIs. :cantstop:

You are wrong about Rahul tries too hard to be aggressive. In fact he has such wide zone of scoring that he need not try hard.In T20s, maybe when he is out of form he can find it difficult but ODIs can never be an issue for Rahul like Rahane.

True. If anything Rahul plays too many shots when he can easily take his time to settle in before going bonkers. Rahane OTOH... :giggle: 

15 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I wouldn't mind it. TBH I only care about tourneys in shorter formats and give rat's behind what happens in bilateral series.

I'd say put Rahane in for bilarterals or when Dhoni is done Pant and Maybe Samson for Dhawan and Dhawan for ICC 

3 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

I'd say put Rahane in for bilarterals or when Dhoni is done Pant and Maybe Samson for Dhawan and Dhawan for ICC 

No. Bilaterals should be for players who have potential to be in the Indian team. Likes of Pant, Krunal Pandya, KL Rahul, Manish Pandey should be the ones playing bilaterals, and we should not be wasting a precious spot on Rahane who has shown us that he doesn't belong in shorter formats like Murali Vijay or Pujara.