Edgbaston - What Security?

Rajiv

So after Manchester and London attacks, we were told there would be extra security etc.

So here is the deal, you get to the ground gates with massive crowd standing outside and there is absolutely no checking, I mean you can drive a car and crash ppl, fire a machine gun, detonate a bomb - easy as hell. The first so called security guard ( casually standing outside ) said no selfe sticks allowed coz he saw one in my hand, I put it in my bag and walked in, then a crazy inconsistent line up and again, very easy to blow yourself up. Kids aged 9-10 were let go without any checking, the first security guard ASKED me if I have any dangerous items? he ASKED me, barely peeked in my bag and said "oh, any flags mate, if yes, can you get the stick out" - 2nd guy did a pat down, the 3rd scanned my tickets. There is no body scan etc

Seriously, at Wankhede they had 3 layers of security checks and here it's like "welcome hit me", is this what ICC arranged? and even if you make it inside with strict security, so many small areas one can get in, I even sat in my friends platinum booth next to me, no one bothered, there was no security check or guys checking the crowd. I am seriously shocked at this lax attitude

Otherwise, this was a phenomenal experience

Shocking. England needs to get its act together or Manchester/London bridge sort of attacks will become a weekly routine. In India I have been to stadiums in Vizag, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chennai and Hyderabad and security is very very strict.

Edited by Gollum

We had metal detectors and pat down search in Chinnaswamy stadium during Aus test match. They didn't allow flag sticks, cameras, tripods, powerbanks, etc. 

I think UK has too many liberals - labour party, BBC that cry hoarse when policing is over-used. Too many worried about privacy and rights of people over National Security issue. Should be like Russia/China when it comes to fighting terrorism. Even US with republicans it is better than EU in this aspect. 

general elections in uk on the 8th of june. 

Security forces are stretched.

The problem if that Theresa may called a snap election. So forces eg who gave people leave where basically caught short handed.