Hardik Pandya, the complete cricketer.

Pandya is still work in progress so i won't hype him too much.. that run out chance was relatively easy that he missed.. but

Two things that I liked apart from his cricketing skills:

1. He smiles in difficult situations.. that T20 WC game against bangla.. 2 runs needed in 3 balls.. 5 people were giving him advise but he still had smile on..

2. He failed in his first go but he quickly turned it around..

Pandya has immense potential but he is still very much a WIP. Batting wise he is growing in confidence and his bowling too has improved a lot. Earlier he used to bowl a lot of short balls. But he is now hitting the right lengths, bowling a lot fuller and has a sharp bouncer which he is using as a surprise delivery. Still has the tendency to stray in line but he will get better as he plays more and more. 

Edited by Mosher
On 6/5/2017 at 11:43 AM, Mosher said:

Pandya has immense potential but he is still very much a WIP. Batting wise he is growing in confidence and his bowling too has improved a lot. Earlier he used to bowl a lot of short balls. But he is now hitting the right lengths, bowling a lot fuller and has a sharp bouncer which he is using as a surprise delivery. Still has the tendency to stray in line but he will get better as he plays more and more. 

His bowling excites me more than his batting(that's not to say that he is not good as a batsmen). I think if he progresses like he has, then there's no reason he can add more speed to his bowling. 

I was watching some Pakistan cricket show on YT to see them crying after our latest match and to my surprise found one of the shows had Sir Viv, Ian Chappell and Lara as pundits. All three of them pointed out Pandya as someone who has huge potential and very impressed by his bowling and speed.

Makes me laugh when people say Krunal is better than him. Hardik will be a test match international cricketer for India, Krunal has to go above Axar to get into our second string Indian side.

21 hours ago, Unleashed said:

His bowling excites me more than his batting(that's not to say that he is not good as a batsmen). I think if he progresses like he has, then there's no reason he can add more speed to his bowling. 

I was watching some Pakistan cricket show on YT to see them crying after our latest match and to my surprise found one of the shows had Sir Viv, Ian Chappell and Lara as pundits. All three of them pointed out Pandya as someone who has huge potential and very impressed by his bowling and speed.

Makes me laugh when people say Krunal is better than him. Hardik will be a test match international cricketer for India, Krunal has to go above Axar to get into our second string Indian side.

Ohh I am sold on Krunal as well. Jadeja who is a better bowler and world's best fielder is there, otherwise Krunal would also have been there.

On 2017-6-5 at 7:06 AM, wanted_desi said:

What would be important for India next 2 years is to get him to bowl more and more, so he can learn all the tricks in the world when bowling. He is India's trump card for 2019 WC. 

Absolutely. If we can make him a 70% of Ben stokes by 2019 we have a Zulu kind of player like in 1999 wc. I say 70pc coz stokes is getting better and better.  Credit to Dravid for having a word with selectors after he scored some 70+ in some f.c game against Australia A. We have a perfect player now for overseas conditions.