How well will we handle Tahir?

4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

We normally dont struggle against leggies , but have to watch out for his variations . 

True our problem is finger spinners...we made stars out of Moeen Ali,O'keefe and Lyon :facepalm:

Herath,Swann and Panesar also troubled us but obviously they are better than the names mentioned above

Edited by maniac
38 minutes ago, maniac said:

True our problem is finger spinners...we made stars out of Moeen Ali,O'keefe and Lyon :facepalm:

Herath,Swann and Panesar also troubled us but obviously they are better than the names mentioned above

Yeah , Virat has a tendency to pull anything shot and some times hes misjudged the length and gifted his wicket and Rohit needs to watch out for the wrong one .

Otherwise am not really worried about Tahir . 

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Not a threat...bowlers like Tahir are in every Galli Mohallah Nukkad of India

True statement but still....hope that bravado doesn't bite me in the ass like it usually does the neighbors :giggle:

Honestly, our best players of spin are Dhoni and Kohli, at this time. If we have kept wickets and our openers have put on about 100 runs before has come like against Pak, we should be able to handle him with ease.

If South Africans are smart, they will use Morkel well on one end when Tahir is bowling from the other end. I will do that at least if I was saf captain. Rabada could be the their best bowler by stats recently, but Morkel is still their golden arm while Tahir is their wicket taker whom they depend to bringing them back wickets are needed.

6 hours ago, New guy said:

Took 4 for 27 against Sri Lanka. How should we handle him? Attack, defend?

We have to attack him. Like Dhawan should continue to attack and Rohit can watch him a bit and then attack once he feels comfortable. 

Like against Imad Wasim we kept rotating and in the end hit out out of the park. Though tahir is completely different bowl and a better bowler than Wasim, he shouldn't be treated any differently. Leg spinners are bound to go for runs and India has scored against him the past. 

43 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Honestly, our best players of spin are Dhoni and Kohli, at this time. If we have kept wickets and our openers have put on about 100 runs before has come like against Pak, we should be able to handle him with ease.

If South Africans are smart, they will use Morkel well on one end when Tahir is bowling from the other end. I will do that at least if I was saf captain. Rabada could be the their best bowler by stats recently, but Morkel is still their golden arm while Tahir is their wicket taker whom they depend to bringing them back wickets are needed.

Morkel usually does well against us. On a flat pitch though Rohit will kill 140+ bowlers...like literally kill their careers ...Rabada Morkel better bring their A game