Our worst ODI loss since the group match against Bangladesh in CWC 2007

Last time I was this exasperated for a ODI loss was on March 17th, 2007. http://www.espncricinfo.com/wc2007/engine/current/match/247464.html

We were up against such a poor ODI outfit in Sri Lanka, man to man we are superior in every department, yet we were hammered like a bunch of schoolchildren. Kohli is a pathetic LOI captain, his tactics today left me bewildered. We took 1 wicket today FGS in 50 overs, where were the minds of our rockstars?

Arrogance.   They assumed that a sub-optimal total was enough to beat the other team.   Refusal to recognize the fact that in today's ODI cricket 300 is the new 250.   

Scoreboard pressure and the lack of it is the real story of this game.  Nothing else.  Posters with pre-conceived notions and agendas will bash Yadav or Pandya, or Jadeja or Dhoni.   

But given that the captain went on record saying he had enough on the board, that just says it all.  

Contrast this with Eoin Morgan clearly saying after the England-NZ game - that they knew they were about 20 runs below par with 320 on the board.   

One of the 2 captains is right, the other one stubbornly refuses to accept reality.

Edited by sandeep

The thing is this captain is conventional as he believes that ,as he plays conventional cricket,u need unorthodox ideas and fearless and calculative approach to go forward, we did that in 2007 ,we did that in CT 13,2011 was a strong team.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Not even close to as disastrous as the Bangladesh match. Champions Trophy simply cannot be compared with the World Cup which comes once in 4 years. You plan years in advance for the World Cup and when you lose to a minnow and crash out from the group stage, it's years of hope and expectations down the drain. Neither the tournament nor the match had the same kind of importance, and it isn't anywhere near as humiliating losing to Sri Lanka as to a 2007 Bangladesh outfit.