'Explosive cricket' not India's style - Kohli

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Bhuvi would have had 2 if Kuptaan Aggro would have kept a 2nd slip in place.   Man of the Match Mendis would have been out in the 9th over.  

Don't blame him for not having a 2nd slip. But do blame him for his bowling changes and decisions where someone like Umesh wasn't bowled at all in the middle overs. If the plan was for Umesh to topple over SL batsmen at the death then Kohli knows something about Umesh which we clearly haven't seen over the last 6-7 years :giggle: 

6 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Don't blame him for not having a 2nd slip. But do blame him for his bowling changes and decisions where someone like Umesh wasn't bowled at all in the middle overs. If the plan was for Umesh to topple over SL batsmen at the death then Kohli knows something about Umesh which we clearly haven't seen over the last 6-7 years :giggle: 

funny thing is yorkers from hell bumrah( given up getting his name right - bhumra, bumrah,bumhra wtf) did jack **** as well but still bowled better than Yadav the hack who did **** who was still much better than king od jack **** Jadeja who was taken apart. 

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I'm beginning to say what you mean. I would rather take an explosive start at the top a la Sehwag than consolidation. Coz it's easier for middle over to keep up the ante when the RR is already high. I guess we need someone like Pant at the top of the order who gives us quick starts. We can't hope for Rohit to get himself in and then take on bowlers coz if he fails or gets out after playing too many balls, we are doomed. A quickfire start at the top (say 30 odd off 20 deliveries) will allow us the luxury to always be ahead of the game.

I know I keep repeating this every where lol , but opening has become ridiculously easy in the last 10 years . Power plays and with all your wickets in hand you need batsmen who can start hitting from word go . you need batsmen who can make use of these power plays not waste it like we have been doing . 

Sehwag averaged in mid 30s , but that SR of 104 was far more important stat imo . Check most of our memorable wins and the impact of his quick fires made in those wins.

2003 WC match against Pak , he made 22 runs and I cant think of a more valuable 22 runs an opener has played in WC history . 

we definitely need someone like Pant .

Kohli : We don't attack batsmen with out bowlers, we wait for them to make mistake and contain runs.

Clueless captain...WTF Happened to his brain suddenly ?

You play for RCB/IPL which is one of the explosive team :giggle:

1 minute ago, StriKe said:

Kohli : We don't attack batsmen with out bowlers, we wait for them to make mistake and contain runs.

Kohli takes a lot of advice from dhoni. Dhoni virus is getting attached to kohli process and it will only replicate. We need to boot out dhoni. :p: 

guys come just because we handed the customary 'butt-rp ICC game trashing' to pak team does not make the pure pathetic-ness of our batting order go away. its diff when India plays them paks ( neeyat hi aisa hai), lol more fun if we win against SA somehow who would come out with lots of gumption after getting their rears handed to them by pak lol.

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Kohli takes a lot of advice from dhoni. Dhoni virus is getting attached to kohli process and it will only replicate. We need to boot out dhoni. :p: 

nope before ICC CT, Kohli spoke about accepting short comings. He has learnt this from IPL and his own inability during Aus series, that there are limitations. he is just maturing, the next step is cautious planning to clear adverse situations he needs a good coach beside him now, Ravi shastri is the man. Thats why he spoke of him, i guess Tom Moody can do it too.

7 minutes ago, StriKe said:

Wait, where did he say that?

4 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

The more I see and hear Kohli while captaining India in shorter formats, the more I feel India is going backwards. Fielding standards are going down, India is not playing cutting edge cricket the way it used to and this "head buried in the sand" attitude with backing of the likes of Rahane seems to point in that direction.

India should be looking at England as the template and we've seen in IPL that we do have the players who fit that mould. Now it's up to Kohli and the selectors to move forwards instead of playing an outdated game.

we need a coach who can veto and bring in young guns from domestics, else 2019 WC will be epic phainta.

Kohli's mentality and batting approach is rubbing on others too.

Field restrictions means you don't have to explode in middle ,you can easily milk the bowling with odd boundary with only 4 fielders out.I think you have to promote guys like Kedar and Pandya over yuvi and Dhoni.

1 minute ago, CG said:

Field restrictions means you don't have to explode in middle ,you can easily milk the bowling with odd boundary with only 4 fielders out.I think you have to promote guys like Kedar and Pandya over yuvi and Dhoni.

Not necessarily Pandya.. but i think Dhoni and Kohli combo is/was the best when it comes to milking ones and twos.. converting ones into twos etc.. but

1st game: Dhoni didnt bat

2nd game: Kohli got out before Dhoni came in

Dhawan/Yuvi are really bad at rotating strikes.. i think Sharma can get in that groove.. I havent seen Jadhav much so can't comment on him.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

So Kohli doesn't have guts and he is chicken who can't take strong and own decisions..

Grow some balls Kohli,kick Dhoni and UV

This reply is only for quoted post not for general.

Edited by StriKe
29 minutes ago, StriKe said:

Did he really say that ? :fear:

Edited by BeautifulGame

Did he really say that ? :fear:

No :giggle:

We all thought Kohli would be agreesive captain.. I'm not sure what's going on with him now..Must be this Kumble saga disturbing dressing room and team preparation.. *ing media

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Just now, StriKe said:

No :giggle:

We all thought Kohli would agreesive captain.. I'm not sure what's going on with him now..Must be this Kumble saga disturbing dressing room and team preparation.. *ing media

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

he is 'accepting limitations'. I wonder who the * told him that. Does not seem like a Ravi Sashtri or Kumble concept for sure. Both those are break a leg, or jaw but get the job done characters. who ?