Important for Canadians: Petition to prevent differential justice based on religion -

Vilander

Sign.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Sign/e-909

Petition

• Differential justice based on an individual’s religion is prejudicial and preferential, therefore, an amendment to the Constitution Act of 1982 would ease the minds of all Canadians and ensure equal treatment for everyone under the Criminal Code of Canada.
We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to propose an amendment to the Constitution Act of 1982, under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, stating that Sharia Law or separate Sharia family courts will never have a place in the Canadian Justice System.

37 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Until Trudeau keeps selling himself like his Father , this kind of idiocy would be tossed around. 

more worried about the **** storm this will create. It will be whites vs browns, irony for Indian origin folks.

6 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Sharia Law in Canada? Since When? Why?

Not sharia law but a bill to selectively single out against islamophobia. Trudeau with his sellout cabinet thriving on this. The winner this clown leaves the better 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

more worried about the **** storm this will create. It will be whites vs browns, irony for Indian origin folks.

No, its not Goras vs us. Its making sure no Sharia or any such ever happens. Which i am sure plenty of us will be happy about. 

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

No, its not Goras vs us. Its making sure no Sharia or any such ever happens. Which i am sure plenty of us will be happy about. 

true its how we perceive it. But i see a degree of ignorance still, there is no European political correctness folks call out Muslims as exactly that and Pakistanis/Arabs precisely but the problem is some still speak abut browns as an umbrella term. Onus is on us to make sure we communicate that no all brown folk/aouth asians are Muslims and vice versa but its a delicate thing you can no discriminate against any religion as well but can always ask for a different identity than browns are all from middle east.

my take is if one has to fight this ****, one might as well go back to India and fight it there. No interest in doing it in a western country, where ironically an Indian guy can be perceived to be a middle eastern hardliner of all things.

true its how we perceive it. But i see a degree of ignorance still, there is no European political correctness folks call out Muslims as exactly that and Pakistanis/Arabs precisely but the problem is some still speak abut browns as an umbrella term. Onus is on us to make sure we communicate that no all brown folk/aouth asians are Muslims and vice versa but its a delicate thing you can no discriminate against any religion as well but can always ask for a different identity than browns are all from middle east.

Yes, to all north americans all brown guys are either muslims or mexicans.

On 6/10/2017 at 11:57 PM, Vilander said:

its not a bill just a motion, but yeah this could lead to debate -> blasphemy laws -> Muslim personal law 9sharia), we know how that works in India so.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/don-martin-blog/don-martin-anti-islamophobia-motion-triggered-warped-overreaction-1.3288651

It's an effort to get a bill introduced to be passed 

On 6/11/2017 at 6:02 AM, MechEng said:

Yes, to all north americans all brown guys are either muslims or mexicans.

Err no.

Never been mistaken for a muslim or a mexican in Canada.

One desi friend said its coz i got tattoos, but my tattoos are not visible in public unless i am on the beach.

Not to be a Debbie-downer, but the Canadian Muslim community has become an important and growing source of votes for the Liberal Party of Canada. If the Muslim Canadians want Sharia/Sharia-like policies, then Trudeau's not going to alienate them and push them to the New Democrats... If they care enough about it, then Canada is going to start getting blasphemy laws, etc. :dontknow: 

On 6/13/2017 at 3:28 PM, Tibarn said:

Not to be a Debbie-downer, but the Canadian Muslim community has become an important and growing source of votes for the Liberal Party of Canada. If the Muslim Canadians want Sharia/Sharia-like policies, then Trudeau's not going to alienate them and push them to the New Democrats... If they care enough about it, then Canada is going to start getting blasphemy laws, etc. :dontknow: 

Well the Minority vote is always vooed and Trudeau does indulge in appeasing policies equivocally.   However his silence on first nation and pipeline issues shows how less he is concerned about the real issues.  

On 6/13/2017 at 3:28 PM, Tibarn said:

they are still 4-5 % of population, still not yet there but with their production capacity they will soon be a bigger percentage as they make lots of  babies.

On 6/12/2017 at 8:18 PM, Muloghonto said:

Err no.

Never been mistaken for a muslim or a mexican in Canada.

One desi friend said its coz i got tattoos, but my tattoos are not visible in public unless i am on the beach.

i can assure you conservative Christians in smaller cities do not know the difference.

they are still 4-5 % of population, still not yet there but with their production capacity they will soon be a bigger percentage as they make lots of  babies.

Earlier this year in the US, the Minnesota state Democrats originally were supporting a bill to criminalize female genital mutilation, forwarded by a Republican. It had unanimous support among the Democrats initially, but then Muslim interest groups got involved and thus the the support for the bill banning FGM evaporated and looks to be dead. What's crazy is Minnesota has only a 1% Muslim population. 

For Canada, having the parliamentary system, a 4-5% vote is very big as the difference between Trudeau and Harper was less than 8%.

5 hours ago, bleaf27 said:

Well the Minority vote is always vooed and Trudeau does indulge in appeasing policies equivocally.   However his silence on first nation and pipeline issues shows how less he is concerned about the real issues.

What were the issues that Trudeau campaigned on/ the issues that won him the election? 

8 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Earlier this year in the US, the Minnesota state Democrats originally were supporting a bill to criminalize female genital mutilation, forwarded by a Republican. It had unanimous support among the Democrats initially, but then Muslim interest groups got involved and thus the the support for the bill banning FGM evaporated and looks to be dead. What's crazy is Minnesota has only a 1% Muslim population. 

For Canada, having the parliamentary system, a 4-5% vote is very big as the difference between Trudeau and Harper was less than 8%.

What were the issues that Trudeau campaigned on/ the issues that won him the election? 

Well in a democracy 4-5% should have the influence for the size, the Indian community is also similar in size so is the SL Tamil community, so yeah it will be there, but Sharia is stretching it lol, i do not want halal meat ramadan food in general canteens etc, do not want their influence on next generation,they can certainly practice their religion within themselves, needs to be fought for.

15 hours ago, Vilander said:

i can assure you conservative Christians in smaller cities do not know the difference.

Maybe its province-dependent. 

I've lived in Ontario for years before i shifted to BC - in small-town Ontario (like Barrie, Kingston, Windsor, etc) i didn't get confused with a muslim or a latino- though i did get 'Portuguese' a lot for some reason. Same with small town BC on the Island or Okanagan i've found.