Do folks finally see why Umesh Yadav should not play shorter formats?!

I've been saying for ages Umesh Yadav is not cut out for shorter formats. I hope finally everyone, including Kohli and the selectors can see why Umesh is not a shorter format bowler. We've a pretty decent bowling unit but if one bowler lacks control and leaks runs and boundaries it renders others useless or at the very least reduces other bowlers' effectiveness.

Speed is all fine but control is a non-negotiable and so is the ability to be mentally strong and bounce back after the batsman goes after you. Umesh lacks both these qualities. We saw against SL that their batsmen could score easily whenever Umesh bowled and that Bhuvi & bumrah couldn't extert any pressure at all. Fast forward today and SA batsmen couldn't target anyone as every bowler bowled to a plan and didn't give freebies. Umesh is our best bowler in Tests just like Rahane is one of our best batsman in Tests. They should both stick to Tests. Bowlers with all the speed in the world but no control are useless - case in point Riaz, Sami and Umesh. Control is the paramount factor and then pace should be considered as Bhuvi showed today and why I back Bhuvi to be in the starting lineup no matter what.

1 minute ago, zen said:

He can be inconsistent but it does show that he gets you wickets.

Though I do agree that he should concentrate only on test matches but he is not really the worst and doesn't deserve to get so much stick from fans.

And looking at that list its so dissapointing to see Bhuvi with just 21 wickets in 20 matches. That guy is alot better bowler than that.