Ganguly angry with Sehwag in the commentary Box

8 minutes ago, TNAmarkFrmIndia said:

Because of Sehwag's beta-pota comment and calling Sri Lanka "bheegi hui maachis ki dibbi".

Sehwag 's sense of humour involves laughing at others and not laughing with them.What other commentators turn into humous banter...he turns into one sided attack.people laughed at them initially because viru is viru....but viru is not that funny.

Only chamchas or people at a lower standing than him will tolerate him. 

Edited by beetle
7 minutes ago, Mosher said:

I dont think its about that. Viru was talking about some stats about running which pissed off Ganguly and then the video cuts off...

I saw that live.

It was not that sehwag was wrong.....just his way of saying it that is irritating .His need to be seen as viru who doesn't care.

His 'jaat' sense of humor would be fine if the whole world was jatt, but it is not.

I read somewhere that Ganguly also advised him on air on how he should be more careful with his words .

Edited by beetle
50 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Not sure which match this was. I just came across this video on youtube. 

Okay, if it wasn't from the last match then I know what it is about since I remember reading about it a few days ago, apparently Ganguly was late to the commentary box and sehwag asked ganguly why was he late, was he struck in traffic or was he stuck in bed? This pissed ganguly and he commented that sehwag should be careful about the words he uses because many people hear what they say. If this video is related to that incident then I guess it explains it, however it is some new latest event then I don't know about it, I also don't know how truthful the article was as I did not see it live.

I hope there's no actual issue here since they are both Indian legends, and I loved watching both of them.

Would be a bit rich of Sehwag to talk about anyone else's running between wickets haha. I think Sehwag can be funny sometimes, but like it or not he is an ambassador of Indian cricket, and IMO that means he should show some more class. I'd prefer if he was a little less antagonistic vs other countries (why give them extra motivation?). He can leave that to commentators of a lesser stature.

Sehwag has a 'derogatory" sense of humor, if i can use that term. As @beetlepointed out Sehwag's sense of humor or a joke is laughing at others and not something genuinely funny. Sehwag's the sort of bloke who will deem somebody slipping and falling funny, which is not really "humor" but more on the lines of poking fun at or trolling others. Occasionally it's refreshing and fun but it eventually wears on you.

I said this long back not a fan of Sehwag's wwe style commentary.

in the beginning his banter with Akthar was entertaining even then after a while,it got uneasy when others were focusing on the game and Sehwag would talk about how he smashed Shoaib etc every other ball....I think he has run his course and become another Sidhi who too was entertaining at the start by that I mean in 2000...so 17 years of torture there

4 minutes ago, beetle said:

Saw that.

I hope he took their permission before posting otherwise it is an  invasion of privacy. How does one relax around someone who does that?

wonder if he knows that kind of things, he comes out as a uneducated uncouth to me, i would firmly put such characters in their place.