Pakistan hold over Srilanka in ICC tournaments

8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i was minimally happy that SL turned the corner in india game, but todays game ment they still suck.

They were doing good with ball and fielding until Thisara dropped the catch, later they started to panic and eventually lost.

27 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

I think SL did quite well , with 2 of their current top players sitting out with injury , totally inexperienced side they still nearly won the game. 

Beat India and barely lost to Pak

And by all rights took a self-inflicted loss against SA as well.  When you have almost 40 overs left to score about 200 runs and 8 wickets in hand, crumbling to a 100 run loss is quite poor.  

Essentially SL and NZ batting units were the most fragile in the tourney - take a couple of key wickets and the rest won't do much.   Even Bangles have outdone those two, and obviously Pakistan as well.  England and India have been the best batting units so far.   

Hypothetically, I would have loved an India England semi-final, and a Pak-Bangles semi.   I think Bangles would cane the current greenbro team.  And India would get tested properly by the in-form and well constructed pommie team.   Winner of that clash would win the trophy.