Feelings before and during the last day of Perth test.

fineleg

Is there any other way to describe this? Oh, just how many times will India squander a good bowling start? We have opposition on the mat, and time and again we will let the opp. come back in. Here, we are not letting them creep in, but they are storming back in! Keep VVS and RD in slip. As someone already said here, on a bouncy pitch, dont keep SRT (short) in slip.

I'll have to confess I've never seen a better Indian test team. They know how to fight and the fast bowling options India have at this point in time despite not having their first option is quite impressive. I have seen many Indian bowling options dry up after not so good score on the board but the current mix of Indian players are freakin tough.

Feelings before and during the last day of Perth test. This is a golden golden opportunity We simply have to win this game from here. A win at Perth will add to our growing list of jacking the opposition at venues most suited for their bowlers and apparently graveyards for our batsmen. The list in the recent years: Headingley 2002 Kingston '06 Jo'Burg '06 Nottingham '07 Perth '08? :pray: Also a win at Perth will show the world that we can topple the Aussies when the umpiring isn't heavily biased. And a win at Perth will be only the second or third instance when a team has won a live test in Australia in the last 15 years. We already feature on that list. (Adelaide '03)

Oh please, enough of the superstition. Gambit makes a great point. And the fact that this comes after Sydney's debacle makes it all the more creditable. After the manner of the loss at Sydney and the controversies surrounding that test, I'm sure many expected India to go in here unfocused, worried about things like Harbhajan's appeal, the umpiring, what could have been a 1-0/1-1 scoreline and other factor and then get stomped in their least favourite ground. Instead they've hit back superbly. This is a really creditable performance - now they just need to keep building on this, bat well tomorrow and put a total on the board that'll be insurmountable as the pitch starts to really crack.

India is in the boxing seat but there is a lot of cricket left in the test match. This games seems to be ping ponging all the time. I hope India bats well tomorrow and takes the game away from the Aussies but it may not happen. I'm sure the experience of the Indian batting line up will come in real handy here.