Feelings before and during the last day of Perth test.

fineleg

Let's not count our chickens before they are hatched eh? At least see what our batters do tomorrow before judging the match. Remember we were 328 for 6 before we were all out for 330! So let us wait & see what our 2nd innings score is before starting any match winning thread (OK - golden opportunity thread).

Even if we were to lose our last 9 wickets for 100-120 runs' date=' Australia will be chasing over 280 which 7 out of 10 times doesn't happen in test cricket.[/quote'] I think anything below 400 and Aus will chase it. The pitch is getting easier to bat on as we saw in our second innings. Ah! don't forget the umpire factor when we or they are batting. I think if it looks like we are going to get a good lead then an umpire will come into play. I don;t think they will allow us to get a lead over 300.

this is really nostalgic!.... I never felt so good watching test match! 52/1 at stumps. lead of 170 with 9 wkts left :icflove: tomorrow...we want 330 more to set them target of 500 on 4th and 5th full days. Sehwag must move along and get a big key 100 here and another one of the old legends need a 100, rest will fall in place!!

I think anything below 400 and Aus will chase it. The pitch is getting easier to bat on as we saw in our second innings. Ah! don't forget the umpire factor when we or they are batting.
Yes, this is not day-5 batting in Indian crumbling pitch.
I think if it looks like we are going to get a good lead then an umpire will come into play. I don;t think they will allow us to get a lead over 300.
sad but true :nervous:

sehwag: The most important player,going in to day 3 Should I've predicted going in to day 4???????? nevertheless Viru was simply brilliant. No friends...I didn't start this thread after hearing Ian Chappel on cricinfo.. Absolutely certain that Sehwag's stay at the crease will decide whether we can pose an impossible target for the Aussies to chase. Even if he lasts the first session,we have a good chance of setting Australia a target that can be a match winning one...his early demise for sure will set the panick button among our more 'correct and compact' batsmen and a collapse can't be ruled out. Should I say "all we want is Viru to face another 100 more balls for the Perth test to be in our kitty"!

Guest HariSampath

Sehwag is definitely important. Very often the 3rd inngs of a test determines the result; a collapse or an impossible target set. So, if Sehwag comes good even with 60 odd that means India can be around 250 ahead with 7-8 wkts left by Lunch and that means Australia will have to play for saving the game from Lunch of 3rd day, something the Aussies are very poor at. If Sehwag is still at the wicket by lunch that means Australia will be in tatters and India can well be ahead by 400 by close , an impossible situation for Aus to get out of. Even a 50-60 from Sehwag will have the "Sehwag effect" and our middle order can put up at least 200 more

Guest dada_rocks

And to think these gits kept him out for so long.. Imagine sehwag in place of yuvraj in sudney despite umpiring howlers we cud have won that game