Feelings before and during the last day of Perth test.

fineleg

From what I can see right now India should win this Test. Sure Aussies wont go down without a fight but India is clearly the favorites. We have a lead of 170 with 9 wickets in hands and if those 9 wickets put up 230 we already have the Aussies chasing 400 plus! I would expect India to play out the whole day today, about 80 overs, and score in the vicinity of 300. That would mean we are ahead by 470 runs. Anything afterwards is a bonus. And I would loveeeee to see Sehwag score a big one here, heck if he does India would be leading be 300 plus by lunch!!! Lets hope India wins this.

Absolutely agree 1500% with the OP. IF we win this test match, it will send a massive signal to the rest of the cricketing fraternity that India is truly a force to reckon with on the world stage and we are good enough to beat the Aussies, in their own backyard, and in conditions that were said to be tailor made for them. Apart from just cricketing reasons, the circumstances in which we played this test also makes it vital for us to win it. Many a non-Indian cricket fan would have thought India went over-board with its complaints about poor umpiring and they would have lost anyway, since Aus is a better team to start with. Winning this test will send a clear message as to how we are really good enough and save the umpiring bloopers in the second test, this test series would have been a VERY closely fought affair. Finally, this a win here will also confirm India's position as a worthy contender to Aus. Time and time again, in the last decade, we have the stumbling block to Aus, be knocking them out in 2 successive champions trophies, or having made them wait for 34 years before they won a test series on Indian soil or being the first team in decades to draw a test series in Aus. And how ironic is it, that we were the team that stopped their world record of consecutive number of tests won, and now, when the Aussies are trying to over-haul the figure set by themselves, its us again, posing a challenge to them. The co-incidences are too much to miss. I sense a great moment in history here !

:D Hell Yeahhh !!... this is just awesome prospects.. I am praying that we dont end up disappointed at the end... We have a better record when we bowl 2nd and 4th... than chansing on 4th... Plus Kumble is a real fighter.... India test series in Australia is one to live for it is next to nothing.. but I think this is it.. once BIG 5 retires.. that is it... Last Chance bhai log.... imagin this.... Sydney was a drawn test... 1-1 going in adelaide.. ohh I wishhhhhhhhhh..

Yes... I will forgive them for WC 07 if they win 1 and draw another test match in Aus. This will clearly tell the world that 2nd test match was lost by honest bunch and won by cheaters.... SRT please show them for not taking your words on HS issue. Ganguly please tell them who is dada, RD tell them Wall still standing tall.... I am sure Kumble will do the rest....

55% chance of India winning 30% chance of a draw 15% chance of Aus winning
You kidding, end of day-2, and 3rd inn is underway. Draw is ruled out (unless you are saying 2 days are gonna be washed by rain)
We all have this fear somewhere deep down that Aussies can turn it around and still win despite us being in the driver's seat Sad but true- they are annoyingly good at it
Suraj, Well said. I can bet even dsr and tics and MM, despite them feeling very confident we'll win, have this "fear somewhere deep down that Aussies can turn it around and still win despite us being in the driver's seat" Anyone who has watched Aus will acknowledge this. Lets see how the Test goes. Definitely we'll all be disappointed if India dont win here.
Well said. I can bet even dsr and tics and MM, despite them feeling very confident we'll win, have this "fear somewhere deep down that Aussies can turn it around and still win despite us being in the driver's seat" Anyone who has watched Aus will acknowledge this. Lets see how the Test goes. Definitely we'll all be disappointed if India dont win here.
fear.. not really... though they are good @ coming back into the games as u said, well i don't disagree on that.. but my gut feeling is that INDIA won't throw this game away either.. INDIAN BOWLING IS MUCH IMPROVED NOW AND THEY WON'T LET AUSSIE WIN THIS ONE.. COME ON INDIA

Remember, RD, SRT and VVS all play very good when not under pressure.. Ganguly is due for big score. They are not under pressure now. So all they need to make sure is to stay in the middle and play little positive and 300 will come in a day. I would take 1 session at a time. If we manage the morning session reasonably then, we can score some runs. Trouble that we dont understand is that no-one and I mean no #()King one ever put aus under so much pressure in two consecutive games. :hysterical::hysterical:...Finey girl, I think you forgot the last game. We had them down to 130 for 6 despite couple of bad decisions. And after that there were 3 more bad ones made against us. Same we did again. So when we repeat our performance, meaning bowl lot better than them and bat way better than them, then RoCry mountain will get under pressue and he aint Steve waugh. Today all the CORRECT decisions made in our favour and we see their first innings total. Even Hussey's 2 decisions in the last game went against us in the 2nd innings or else we would have seen a different game altogether. That aside, trust me Aussies aint super humans and they surely get under pressure. We have won few exciting test matches against them and we know it all. So this game is definitely on and we are way more than 75% favorable now... .

and then there is R.P SWING gotta hail the attitude of this guy hit for 3 fourz in a row and then in same over getz the big wicket of gilly.. i mean this doesn't happen a lot of times for Indian bowlers, exception of kumble guy has sealed his place in Indian team in both formz of the game.. he was considered as another pathetic bowler by few ppl but then his classic performance in twenty20 world cup and england tour made ppl reverse their crap talkz.. ALL HAIL RUDRA PUNJABI SWING