'The evidence against me is ridiculous' - Jamshed

Nasir Kamshed found the evidence of corruption against him so "flimsy" that he laughed out loud when he read about it. The former Pakistan batsman was arrested in the UK in February in connection with an investigation into corruption in the 2017 Pakistan Super League. Through its own investigations, the PCB insists Jamshed is a central figure.

Four months later, the only charge the board has laid against him is for obstruction and non-cooperation in the investigations. But the PCB has indicated that further, more serious charges can be laid against him, and is waiting for the UK's National Crime Agency (NCA) - which arrested Jamshed - to share more evidence with it.

And Jamshed is the subject of two concurrent hearings in front of a tribunal constituted by the PCB in Lahore; the main one, in front of a three-man tribunal looking into the obstruction charges and the second, in front of a one-man disciplinary panel, is one Jamshed initiated arguing for his provisional suspension to be lifted.

In the meantime, details of a key element of the board's evidence against him have been leaked, but are, Jamshed insists, so "ridiculous" that he was "amused" when he read them in the media. Eight WhatsApp voice notes, allegedly exchanged between Jamshed and Khalid Latif - another Pakistan batsman facing charges of corruption - first found their way into the media and have now been uploaded to a standalone website. The exchanges, in Urdu, are ostensibly about one or more bat deals; the PCB's argument is that they are code for corrupt deals.

"They claim they have WhatsApp voice messages that show me talking about spot-fixing in code," Jamshed told ESPNcricinfo in his first interview since his arrest. "But what they actually have is WhatsApp voice messages that show me talking about selling bats. There's no code involved at all.

"I've had an arrangement for years whereby I would sell a few CA bats and take a 10% commission. It's no secret; I'm allowed to do it. I laughed out loud when I saw details of their evidence against me. I was amused. It's so flimsy. It's ridiculous.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/1103031.html