Changes before the Final

1 hour ago, express bowling said:
  • Pakistan is weak against pace
  • Better against spin
  • All our 4  fast bowlers bowled really well against Pakistan in the group stage
  • Pitches here are not aiding spinners that much and pacers are doing better

Play  Shami  (  or Umesh if Shami is not 100% )     in place of Ashwin

Why was this thread merged   ??

The title talks about the importance of 4 fast bowers against  Pakistan.

This was not a general discussion about the changes needed for the final but stressed on the importance of 4 fast bowlers against Pakistan.

I would request a mod to get back the original thread.

14 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

If Pandya is not given the ball , why is he in the team  ?  Pandya's job is 70 % with the ball and 30 % with the bat.

If Pandya isn't gonna bowl - might as well let Shami/Umesh or Ashwin be in for him 

Ashwin in place of Pandya is not a bad Idea. Depending on the pitch.

1 hour ago, bleaf27 said:

Alright so this game wrapped up , we are down to business for the final hurdle against Pakistan.  They are definitely an improved side since the first game but we need to draw out our flaws and find the right combination .  This 11 isn't doing the job well enough against a rejuvenated side. 

Biggest issues is  Ashwin/Jadeja/Pandya/ Shami

1. Rohit
  2. Shikhar
  3. Kohli
  4. Yuvi
  5. Jadhav
  6. Dhoni
  7. Bhuvi
  8. Bumrah

We have 3 spots left and 4 people to possible toss up.  

Ashwin =  Better bowler but batting ability

Jadeja =  All round ability plus fielding

Pandya =  as a 3rd seamer not working and batting is very hit and miss

Shami  -  3rd seamer - Strike bowler.

Wht would you guys do ?

Will keep pandya for sure. His pacy innings even if he can get 20-25 is very useful. Will bring in Shami for Jadhav. Thats it.

35 minutes ago, DGBOSS said:

Will keep pandya for sure. His pacy innings even if he can get 20-25 is very useful. Will bring in Shami for Jadhav. Thats it.

You will take another batsman our for another bowler ? 

So you want Bhuvi , Bumrah , Shami, Ashwin , Jadeja and Pandya  all bowling ? 

12 minutes ago, asterix said:

Shami should play. Today Kedar bailed out in the middle overs...

Pandya was being tonked all over the park...

I agree , Pandya is not being a strike bowler -  any batsman who wants to spend time in the middle can put Pandya away easy - SL and BD showed how easy it is.

I'd be tempted to bring Karthik for Pandya and Shami for Ashwin/Jadeja 

1 minute ago, bleaf27 said:

I agree , Pandya is not being a strike bowler -  any batsman who wants to spend time in the middle can put Pandya away easy - SL and BD showed how easy it is.

Not taking risk bringing in karthik man.. that too in finals. Just can't see that happening.  Pandya is batting allrounder he started bowling just 4 or 5 years back

4 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Pandya got Tamim bowled of a no ball and a catch dropped.Two wickets missed. He is still creating odd chances. Of course he is expensive.Things would start falling in place for him sooner than later as far as getting those wickets are concerned. 

28 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Not taking risk bringing in karthik man.. that too in finals. Just can't see that happening.  Pandya is batting allrounder he started bowling just 4 or 5 years back

Utterly confused man .  Pandya has been bowling like Wahab and batting like Imad Wasim.

And Shami / Umesh / Ashwin / Karthik warming the benches dont make sense

14 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Utterly confused man .  Pandya has been bowling like Wahab and batting like Imad Wasim.

And Shami / Umesh / Ashwin / Karthik warming the benches dont make sense

He batted in just 2 innings.. he did well in one of those... Don't forget his fielding as well.He did well against pak in 1st match.

Just shami for ashwin will do if its flat pitch

1 minute ago, bleaf27 said:

Dravid suggesting Virat to keep the team unchanged, seriously disagree with it. 

Pak from the grapevine is thinking of even dropping Imad 

Ashwin is useless and especially against subcontinent teams on a patta. Shami or even Umesh has to replace him so we have a wkt taking option in the middle overs.